BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

04-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
Islika153
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 coupe Space Grey

I was really going to consider ordering 360 rims despite the negative reviews. BUT, when I talked to a local vendor they said they would not order/deal with 360 because they have already had to file fruad type charges to refund customers that did not receive their orders and could not get 360 to honostly respond/refund. Again, thats just what I was told when trying to go through local vendor.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #24
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islika153 View Post
I was really going to consider ordering 360 rims despite the negative reviews. BUT, when I talked to a local vendor they said they would not order/deal with 360 because they have already had to file fruad type charges to refund customers that did not receive their orders and could not get 360 to honostly respond/refund. Again, thats just what I was told when trying to go through local vendor.
That post speaks for itself. Other vendors won't deal with them. I'm out!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #25
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
BarryC- Its like anything, you prob wont change your mind but there are many out there that dont like HRE for some reason or another or VOLK. Its just the game of the biz you cant please everyone. 360 has pleased A LOT more then they have made upset. You never read of the good stories its always the 1 or 2 bad ones that people just feed off of. All these hi end forged wheel companies are good companies, they ALL have had there up and downs. Its just how it works!
To say there are "1 or 2" bad stories in this case is a gross understatement. And I beg to differ that all of these 'high end' companies are good companies. Good companies do not habitually mislead or lie to customers about order status, and 360 is not the only 'high end' wheel company that has been accused of doing this. Our expectations in terms of customer service are way too low. Say what you want about HRE (there are a lot of HRE haters out there, mainly because of feelings about cost/alleged inferior forging process), but to me, they are the definition of a great company in terms of customer service. I would gladly give HRE my money again to forego the possibility of enduring the type of BS that 360 has been accused of committing.

One of the reasons we have forums like this is to enable people to share vendor experiences and help our community avoid bad transactions. However, whenever people start raising apparently valid complaints about a company, many of that company's supporters come out and essentially dismiss others' complaints, as if only positive comments should be considered and we should all expect a fair amount of bad service. As I have said before, if these type of customer service issues are pervasive throughout the high end wheel industry, please point me to similar complaints about HRE, Klassen, Volk, BBS, Kinesis, Forgeline, etc. (we all know that Iforged has had issues in the past, so I won't include them) that span across numerous forms and rise to the same level as those that are now being raised against 360. I'm not being a smartass--I would really like to know, as it would help me put things in perspective and possibly reconsider 360 as an option.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #26
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
To say there are "1 or 2" bad stories in this case is a gross understatement. And I beg to differ that all of these 'high end' companies are good companies. Good companies do not habitually mislead or lie to customers about order status, and 360 is not the only 'high end' wheel company that has been accused of doing this. Our expectations in terms of customer service are way too low. Say what you want about HRE (there are a lot of HRE haters out there, mainly because of feelings about cost/alleged inferior forging process), but to me, they are the definition of a great company in terms of customer service. I would gladly give HRE my money again to forego the possibility of enduring the type of BS that 360 has been accused of committing.

One of the reasons we have forums like this is to enable people to share vendor experiences and help our community avoid bad transactions. However, whenever people start raising apparently valid complaints about a company, many of that company's supporters come out and essentially dismiss others' complaints, as if only positive comments should be considered and we should all expect a fair amount of bad service. As I have said before, if these type of customer service issues are pervasive throughout the high end wheel industry, please point me to similar complaints about HRE, Klassen, Volk, BBS, Kinesis, Forgeline, etc. (we all know that Iforged has had issues in the past, so I won't include them) that span across numerous forms and rise to the same level as those that are now being raised against 360. I'm not being a smartass--I would really like to know, as it would help me put things in perspective and possibly reconsider 360 as an option.

Well said...I have never personally dealt with 360, so I won't pass too much judgment. I do know, however, that what I have read about them on this forum (and several other car forums) is enough to convince me that I will never deal with this company. No refunds? No CC machine? 6 months to get a set of wheels? Delayed orders because tires are unavailable? It is a constant stream of complications and excuses. The owner of 360 has talent in designing wheels, but he is obviously not competent/capable enough to run the organizational and operational side of his company. He should hire help, quickly.
      04-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #27
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Sedan

Exclamation

Quote:
To say there are "1 or 2" bad stories in this case is a gross understatement...

One of the reasons we have forums like this is to enable people to share vendor experiences and help our community avoid bad transactions.
And those of us who are coming out & stating our GOOD customer service and experience, even with a delayed receipt of our wheels are being called "360 Forged Cheerleaders"!!!

I shared my honest experience and I was being dubbed a Cheerleader!
It goes BOTH ways too! This is the reason I have started to be on these message boards less & less and enjoy the products I have purchased!
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #28
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Well said...I have never personally dealt with 360, so I won't pass too much judgment. I do know, however, that what I have read about them on this forum (and several other car forums) is enough to convince me that I will never deal with this company. No refunds? No CC machine? 6 months to get a set of wheels? Delayed orders because tires are unavailable? It is a constant stream of complications and excuses. The owner of 360 has talent in designing wheels, but he is obviously not competent/capable enough to run the organizational and operational side of his company. He should hire help, quickly.
You are completely right! But UNLIKE you, some just skip over what others have written to explain what is going on or distort what they read because they've gotten themselves (those who haven't even ordered from the company) so worked up...it's almost like a mob mentality! You start to hear what you want to hear, even though the facts are being explained to everyone.

As far as the CC ordeal...A business I'm involved in CA was having similar issues with the CC company we used. We changed accounts like 360 Forged has done. The solution that 360 Forged has stated is not to get out of doing it, it's actually so you get the refund back quicker! 360 Forged's hands are tied in trying to get your refund back...your CC company won't have issues getting it back, but 360 Forged is having issues getting it back for you...understand? They've corrected it by getting a new account from here on out.

As for the tires...I had a similar situation when my wheels were ready, but with the TPMS. They called to tell me that their supplier didn't have them in & asked me what I wanted to do. I said forget about the TPMS...PunjabiM3, I read your reasoning to cancel the wheels because it was going to be an inconvenience to get tires, etc. BUT, they had your wheels done & YOU chose to cancel the order. 360 Forged was just trying to help you out & it turns out their supplier was out of the size tires you were looking for. That IS NOT 360 Forgeds fault. As stated above...you deem it's an inconvienence to call your CC to get the refund, but again, read above...360 Forged isn't trying to pass it off to you & tell you "screw you, you try to get your refund from us".

360 Forged came on here & explained what is going on in the other thread & it's been dismissed like they never responded or it's just a pack of lies. The facts are they screwed up on delivery times for the max influx of orders they received during the months of Oct '08-Jan '09. They have had bad customer service during this time because they were expanding their infrastructure too. They had to change CC companies to make things run smoother, though to get your refund you have to get your CC company to get it back and NOW they are getting in line to accomodate their orders on a good time line and working on their customer service and their CC situation is fixed. Like others have said...it IS growing pains and for those who dispute that...

Common Sense People! Not everyone has it...but please try to use it!

Also...when comparing 360 Forged to other companies...How long has, say HRE been in business or Volk or any others that are being compared to 360 Forged...I'd bet money that they probably had similar issues when they were a small company & had their products all of a sudden take off beyond their expectations? the problem for 360 Forged is to put out this fire in a selfish society that wants everything done thier way, NOW!
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #29
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:

Well put. And another thing to consider is that image is huge. Once you ruin your image it will stay tarnished for quite some time to come. There is no on/off switch and it will take months or years for 360 to earn back respect. When I first ordered 360 I regarded them with the likes of HRE, Klassen, etc. But after dealing with them, it is quite apparant this is not the case. When paying that much for wheels, having great customer service is key.
2022 992 GTS| 7MT | Shark Blue
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #30
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtm2008 View Post
And those of us who are coming out & stating our GOOD customer service and experience, even with a delayed receipt of our wheels are being called "360 Forged Cheerleaders"!!!

I shared my honest experience and I was being dubbed a Cheerleader!
It goes BOTH ways too! This is the reason I have started to be on these message boards less & less and enjoy the products I have purchased!
This is exacly why I avoided using terms such as "fanboys" or "cheerleaders". No one should be vilified for giving an honest account of their experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #31
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
You are completely right! But UNLIKE you, some just skip over what others have written to explain what is going on or distort what they read because they've gotten themselves (those who haven't even ordered from the company) so worked up...it's almost like a mob mentality! You start to hear what you want to hear, even though the facts are being explained to everyone.

As far as the CC ordeal...A business I'm involved in CA was having similar issues with the CC company we used. We changed accounts like 360 Forged has done. The solution that 360 Forged has stated is not to get out of doing it, it's actually so you get the refund back quicker! 360 Forged's hands are tied in trying to get your refund back...your CC company won't have issues getting it back, but 360 Forged is having issues getting it back for you...understand? They've corrected it by getting a new account from here on out.

As for the tires...I had a similar situation when my wheels were ready, but with the TPMS. They called to tell me that their supplier didn't have them in & asked me what I wanted to do. I said forget about the TPMS...PunjabiM3, I read your reasoning to cancel the wheels because it was going to be an inconvenience to get tires, etc. BUT, they had your wheels done & YOU chose to cancel the order. 360 Forged was just trying to help you out & it turns out their supplier was out of the size tires you were looking for. That IS NOT 360 Forgeds fault. As stated above...you deem it's an inconvienence to call your CC to get the refund, but again, read above...360 Forged isn't trying to pass it off to you & tell you "screw you, you try to get your refund from us".

360 Forged came on here & explained what is going on in the other thread & it's been dismissed like they never responded or it's just a pack of lies. The facts are they screwed up on delivery times for the max influx of orders they received during the months of Oct '08-Jan '09. They have had bad customer service during this time because they were expanding their infrastructure too. They had to change CC companies to make things run smoother, though to get your refund you have to get your CC company to get it back and NOW they are getting in line to accomodate their orders on a good time line and working on their customer service and their CC situation is fixed. Like others have said...it IS growing pains and for those who dispute that...

Common Sense People! Not everyone has it...but please try to use it!

Also...when comparing 360 Forged to other companies...How long has, say HRE been in business or Volk or any others that are being compared to 360 Forged...I'd bet money that they probably had similar issues when they were a small company & had their products all of a sudden take off beyond their expectations? the problem for 360 Forged is to put out this fire in a selfish society that wants everything done thier way, NOW!
Some good points here, but a couple of counterpoints: 1) When people pay thousands of dollars for wheels, they have a right to expect it done the way the seller says it will be done - this is easily resolved by the seller being forthcoming about current delays, supply shortages, etc. instead of taking orders and then employing stall tactics when advertised timelines aren't met - the expectations of 360 were created by their own advertising, not by some delusional fantasies of customers; 2) in the case of PunjabiM3's tires, it is simple enough to find a different supplier to avoid further delays - it may have cost 360 a little extra money, but this is what good, reliable vendors do (can a general contractor escape all blame if its subcontractors fail to perform a job adequately?); 3) if my recollection is correct 360 indicated they would credit PunjabiM3's CC and did not do so - only AFTER that did PunjabiM3 contact 360 and become aware of the option to do a chargeback (sounds like dishonesty and a stall tactic to me); and 4) Your suggestion that HRE and Volk probably had similar issues in their youth is mere speculation.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #32
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Some good points here, but a couple of counterpoints: 1) When people pay thousands of dollars for wheels, they have a right to expect it done the way the seller says it will be done - this is easily resolved by the seller being forthcoming about current delays, supply shortages, etc. instead of taking orders and then employing stall tactics when advertised timelines aren't met - the expectations of 360 were created by their own advertising, not by some delusional fantasies of customers; 2) in the case of PunjabiM3's tires, it is simple enough to find a different supplier to avoid further delays - it may have cost 360 a little extra money, but this is what good, reliable vendors do (can a general contractor escape all blame if its subcontractors fail to perform a job adequately?); 3) if my recollection is correct 360 indicated they would credit PunjabiM3's CC and did not do so - only AFTER that did PunjabiM3 contact 360 and become aware of the option to do a chargeback (sounds like dishonesty and a stall tactic to me); and 4) Your suggestion that HRE and Volk probably had similar issues in their youth is mere speculation.
All very valid remarks! I'm not going to answer for 360 Forged on any of these accounts, I just wanted to bring up points that are overlooked. As for HRE & others, I was just mentioning them because they were used as examples of other wheel manufactures...but based on my business expereince, during most companies "growth spurts" there is a period of similar occurences, especially when demand exceeds anyones expectations.

I want to reiterate for myself that I personally do not dislike HRE, quite the contrary as I have their 540S on my E46 M3...I like both HRE & 360 Forged...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #33
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
...but based on my business expereince, during most companies "growth spurts" there is a period of similar occurences, especially when demand exceeds anyones expectations.
I certainly believe this was the case with Iforged, as I heard many complaints about them years ago, but have not heard any recently. And BTW, I have nothing personal against 360 as I have never dealt with them - I do believe they experienced too much success too soon and simply could not handle all of the demand. Hopefully, they will step things up and avoid these problems in the future - communication is the key!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #34
DarrenJ
Private
Rep
Drives: AW E92

360 will continue to grow and will be a leader in the wheel industry, they are good people that work hard and it will pay off for them as things move on.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #35
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:

This should not be the consumer's problem. This is 360 forged's problem. They charged the card, they should refund the money. They should not have changed credit card companies or changed their accounts if there were still pending charges or outstanding balances. This is a poor practice and represents a lack of foresight. The biggest issue is that they seem to hide information...they should have been more upfront with their customers about the process involved in a refund in light of the account changes.

Quote:
As for the tires...I had a similar situation when my wheels were ready, but with the TPMS. They called to tell me that their supplier didn't have them in & asked me what I wanted to do. I said forget about the TPMS...PunjabiM3, I read your reasoning to cancel the wheels because it was going to be an inconvenience to get tires, etc. BUT, they had your wheels done & YOU chose to cancel the order. 360 Forged was just trying to help you out & it turns out their supplier was out of the size tires you were looking for. That IS NOT 360 Forgeds fault.
Punjabi paid for a set of 360 wheels with tires. That makes it 360's fault/problem when they can't get tires. If they have an issue with their tire supplier, they should find another supplier. The fact that they had the wheels done is completely irrelevant, because the deal was for wheels with tires.

In general, I guess there are two ways to look at it. Some people think that the consumer assumes a certain repsonsibility when making a purchase. Personally, I think that the vendor is completely responsible. A lot of these situations could have been avoided if 360 was more proactive/organized. I am also understanding that companies go through growing pains, but a lack of integrity is a value that will likely never change...
      04-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #36
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here is my answer to those of you that say "PunjabiM3, your wheels were ready, you could have ordered tires and tpms on your own, etc".

1. The wheels were already 4 weeks past due by the time the tire situation with 360 came up.

2. When I contacted 360 in late Jan, early Feb they told me that only a handful of orders that were experiencing delays and that most, including mine, were on time. I have the pm from 360 as evidence for you non-believers.

3. I contacted 360 forged MULTIPLE times via email while on vacation and did not receive a single response. This was already PAST the finish date of the wheels.

4. After coming back from vacation and calling them, I was told the wheels were done and the tires were in stock...that they would have them shipped out by Thursday. (called on a Monday) and they would send me pics of the wheels asap for approval.

5. I did not receive these pics for 5 days and that was after calling them on almost a daily basis. Tires that were in stock were no longer...and they ordered the tires saying they would be there by Tuesday March 24 (4 weeks past due).

6. After calling on Tuesday still no tires. Every time I call a different excuse...and this time they said "oh you need tpms." It's on the freakin invoice.

7. After giving 360 a deadline of 5 weeks past due, they failed to meet it. And even trying to get a refund from this company is a task given all the things I have to do on my end to obtain one.

8. The reason I ordered with 360 in the first place was due to the pricing they offered on the ENTIRE package including wheels, tires, tpms, shipping. Understand this is the reason I went with 360 direct instead of a vendor. I do not want to lug around tires and wheels in my M3 locally to get them mounted and balanced. It is a BIG inconvenience for me given my location circumstances which NONE of you that called me out are aware of.

9. After speaking to numerous vendors of 360 about this situation and their feelings toward 360, it seems that all vendors I spoke to are fed up with dealing with 360 as well. Hence their lack of reponse in these threads because they are not siding with 360.

10. Yes 360 has some very nice designs but any business needs to attend to their customers first and then everything else. It seems they have plenty of time to take photoshoots, post threads on 6speedonline almost every day about some "sick new wheels or sick new car". These efforts should be towards customer service and not marketing. It is customers that make or break any business, and word of mouth is the number one referral for any business. If customers have issues with a business it spreads like the plague and not only will you lose current customers, but future ones as well. Take care of everything at home first 360 and then spend all the time and money you want on photoshoots, buying expensive cars, etc...

11. Need I say more?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #37
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
This should not be the consumer's problem. This is 360 forged's problem. They charged the card, they should refund the money. They should not have changed credit card companies or changed their accounts if there were still pending charges or outstanding balances. This is a poor practice and represents a lack of foresight. The biggest issue is that they seem to hide information...they should have been more upfront with their customers about the process involved in a refund in light of the account changes.

Punjabi paid for a set of 360 wheels with tires. That makes it 360's fault/problem when they can't get tires. If they have an issue with their tire supplier, they should find another supplier. The fact that they had the wheels done is completely irrelevant, because the deal was for wheels with tires.

In general, I guess there are two ways to look at it. Some people think that the consumer assumes a certain repsonsibility when making a purchase. Personally, I think that the vendor is completely responsible. A lot of these situations could have been avoided if 360 was more proactive/organized. I am also understanding that companies go through growing pains, but a lack of integrity is a value that will likely never change...
Nicely put bro!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #38
SD Speed Demon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8C Conv.

This is very unfortunate. Me and my buddy were about about to order a couple of sets but with all going on I'm just uncomfortable at this point.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #39
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
360 will continue to grow and will be a leader in the wheel industry, they are good people that work hard and it will pay off for them as things move on.
This is exactly what NOT to say if you don't want to be accused of being a 360 cheerleader.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #40
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

DarrenJ-

Pics Man! lol
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #41
wannatripp
Private
Rep
Drives: '09 Apline White "Machine"3

face it.. let it go... your making 360 win the battle by bringing them up all the time.. nobody in there right mind that does research will order from them anymore.... they going out of bussiness but then all there gonna do is call the next company "360*******" and win or bussiness again until they follow through the same mistakes... i feel for there crap but lucky my cc company got my money back.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #42
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

I wish I could afford 360 wheels.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #43
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

wannatrip,

like i said in the other post if u are the "competition" down here dont make it so obvious...ur pissed that all this negative publicity is publicity which ur comapny probably doesnt get (kinda like celebs doing crazy shit to get there names out there)...but why not just top them instead of all the trash talking???

stick to the facts...not bs
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #44
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

sounds to me like someone isn't paying their bills. HRE is still open for business........
Appreciate 0