BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

05-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

An Ode to my G Power E90 M3

With more people buying into the E9X platform by the day let this thread exist to show what is possible with a vision, passion and a little dedication.

As much of the world is at the helm of Covid19 many of the once busy city streets throughout New York City and around the world have been brought to a lifeless stop and many car enthusiasts, myself, have taken it upon ourselves to venture to NYC to take pictures one may never get a chance to snap ever again.

Name:  IMG_0328.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  330.4 KB

The exterior of my car recieved subtle but changes which in my opinion make it stand out a bit anywhere it goes, the color is Satin Nero, the headlights were done by BavGruppe with the time test Umnitza V4 orion rings, GT4 splitter with ducting to custom E46 backing plates and the PSD dive panes. It is also worth adding that the wrap was done by me and it is ceramic coated with Cquartz Skin, the headlights also have FX-R projectors and there is a K40 360RL installed in the vehicle with custom indicator lights in the instrument cluster.

Name:  IMG_0320.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  332.6 KB

The stance of the car is made possible by KW Clubsport 2 way dampers with a swift spring conversion to aid in clearance to the inside of the tire, Bimmerworld monoballs have been added to the front to make light work of braking at high speed. The rest of the suspension is all new either OEM to something upgraded in the sense of taking an already working item and adding some sort of expansion or adjustability to it. Hotchkis sway bars have been added to the front and rear to keep body roll to a minimum, complimenting the rear has been the addition of AKG subframe bushings, AKG diff bushings, Powerflex bushings have been added throughout the subframe to ensure there will never be any issues with irregular tire wear

Name:  IMG_0369.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  263.2 KB
The rear of the car has been modified a bit more conservatively with just an LTMW carbon fiber trunk lid, Fancywide diffuser and an Eisenmann sport exhaust keeps the sound coming out of the car in check.

Name:  IMG_9961.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  266.6 KB

The icing on the cake of this build is the G-Power SK II CS Kompressor system with the famously loud orange plenum. This single piece of kit has to have been the most rewarding and also stressful component to this entire build. The kit was purchased new from Infinitas Tuning in Germany and was shipped to New York City during the holiday season of 2019. The kit was lost two times in transit courtesy of UPS and it took about a month from the time it was collected from Infinitas to the time it was in my posession.

Was it worth it?
Absolutely.
Would I do it again?
Twice.

The G-power kit is an unbelievable piece of thinking and engineering, if you have worked on BMW's before putting this kit on the car makes you feel like a BMW engineer had designed this themselves. All of the clips, the routing of the lines it was all considered in depth before a choice was made. The ASA Kompressor unit is very linear and the way this car shoves you in the seat when it starts accelerating is literally mind-blowing.

Name:  IMG_9885.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  296.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9887.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  156.3 KB

I tried to leave no stone unturned in the interior of the car, keeping things straight the I installed an OEM M-Performance V2 electronic steering wheel which is designed to be used in a Non-M with steptronic E9x, the wheel features a new center finisher, pedal haus shifters and IND Polar blue M button. Continuing through the interior F series M performance silver mats have been added, IND Polar blue start button, AEM gauges and the largest mod to mention is the intergration of NBT EVO from a 2018 F30 featuring BMW apps, Carplay, video in motion and power displays. This single mod has brought the car on caliber with the technology of todays current cars. Notable other interior mods have been the Dinmann Carbon Shifter trim and the m performance brake handle. The factory titan shadow trim bas remained.

I hope you guys have enjoyed a small write-up of some of my mods on the M3 there is alot that hasnt been mentioned but the E9X M3 chassis does everything I need a car to do for me and for that I will keep this car for a very long time.

-Amraz.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 6
SAMM3Y3085.00
akkando5861.50
cs91.50
      05-19-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

That's an odd bumper sticker on your dash. Rather distracting.
Appreciate 4
SAMM3Y3085.00
Space Fox1042.00
GeorgeA756.50
Aktavate245.50
      05-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
GeorgeA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Nice build! I love that G Power kit, looks super neat.

Your post makes me miss NYC
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:35 PM   #4
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Been following the your insta since the 335. Great job man
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:55 PM   #5
_Mbition
Private First Class
Nigeria
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Honestly one of my top 5 favorite e90 M3 builds.
Sick ass job Raz.
Your dedication to this build shines effortlessly.
Link up soon!!
      05-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #6
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
That's an odd bumper sticker on your dash. Rather distracting.
I like a good bush.

Or does OP mean Bush?