BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-07-2015, 04:51 PM   #45
Get lit
HMFIC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrubetskoy View Post
guys but you dont know my situation. in a few years i will be taking over a business that i have been running for 3 years. i think its fair you should know what kind of family i come from or what i do before we jump to conclusions....right?

we were the #1 exporter on the east coast to st.petersburg Russia 4 years in a row. i believe when i take the business i will be making far more than $3000 a month

www.netfrate.com check it out
Regardless of where you come from or your families background be smart about your choices you make. Buy something less costly now and save your money! Trust me, it will pay off tremendously in the long run! I have been down both roads! And saving your money is the much better road to take with so many more rewards!!
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #46
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Lighten up buddy. Your naïveté and arrogance is well noted as well. Perhaps if you are still on this forum years from now you will look back and laugh at the ridiculousness of your OP. Word of advise like others have stated, don't buy a $70k car when you are 21 and living at home. Good things come to those who wait.
maybe i will look back and laugh, and ive been waiting and saving for the past 9 months for this car. why wait any longer when i can put a nice down payment and pay this thing off in 4-5 years.
      09-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #47
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeyguy View Post
$3k a month is nothing especially for a 21 yrs old with no long term career credentials and an LLC family business shipping cars and whatnot to russia.

Definitively you should buy a Ferrari, i mean anyone with an llc owns at least a maserati or two. And with that kind of business "someone" could ship it to russia if they come after your assets. Who knows maybe you can connect with people that "help" some "found" new cars deals find new owners in russia.
we dont ship cars to russia, we arrange transportation of containerized goods from america world wide but specifically russia, and my mother drivers a maserati funny you said that...no assets, freight forwarding is all logistics and office work
      09-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #48
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get lit View Post
Regardless of where you come from or your families background be smart about your choices you make. Buy something less costly now and save your money! Trust me, it will pay off tremendously in the long run! I have been down both roads! And saving your money is the much better road to take with so many more rewards!!
i agree with you so much but right now im in a 328i !!!!

i want to get into a sports car so bad. i think about it night and day
      09-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #49
yongj
Private First Class
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 12 E92 M3

Just let this kid fill his desires with reckless decisions and learn from his mistakes. It's the only way he'll learn.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #50
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

why are you guys hating on me so much i work 50 hours a week running a family business . ive waited months saving for my dream car, isnt that what people do regardless of age. work...make money...save it and then spend it on something they like. the fact that im 21 should not come into part its the amount of effort i put into my work and time.
      09-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #51
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
because im 21 years old and i live with my parents, i make $3000 a month. i have no expenses except my gas. i cant afford to purchase a car that cost $70,000 but i can afford $850 a month to drive a beautiful 2016 M3 made in Germany by my specification.
you're not going to like hearing this, but you can't afford this car. don't do it.
      09-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #52
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
you're not going to like hearing this, but you can't afford this car. don't do it.
3000-850 is 2150 left over a month. i can afford this car. i have 0 expenses
      09-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #53
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
its not a question whether or not you have enough money to afford only this car.
how much money do you have set aside for retirement? other investments? no plans to own property? how much liquid cash do you have in savings?
what are your financial goals in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? if you don't know, or don't have any substantial response for the above, you can't afford this car. you'll set yourself back so far financially, that you'll be playing catch up for most of the rest of your life.
dinner before desert. set yourself up financially, then have your fun. i was 21 once, and i wish i would have made wiser decisions.
      09-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #54
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
its not a question whether or not you have enough money to afford only this car.
how much money do you have set aside for retirement? other investments? no plans to own property? how much liquid cash do you have in savings?
what are your financial goals in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? if you don't know, or don't have any substantial response for the above, you can't afford this car. you'll set yourself back so far financially, that you'll be playing catch up for most of the rest of your life.
dinner before desert. set yourself up financially, then have your fun. i was 21 once, and i wish i would have made wiser decisions.
im 21 years old, im not thinking about retirement. as i said im going to be owning the business that i have been running and nets over 1 million dollars a year. of course this was all built by my father in the past 9 years, but ive handled it very well for the past 3. i could see how you would not recommend this move to a 21 year old kid, but you dont know my family and my situation so you cant give a accurate judgment.

if you dont belive there are plenty of sites on the internet who well tell you how much Netfrate LLC 1390 s dixie hwy coral gables fl makes. be my guest and do you research
      09-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #55
Bushum
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 6MT

Quote:
You still live with your parents and it looks like you will for at least the next five years. Your priorities are a little off. Clearly you aren't going to listen but this is a forum so people are going to point out your poor decision making.

I'll reiterate. Being able to afford a payment and being able to afford something are entirely different. I can afford to pay $1000 a month for the next fifty years on a private jet.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #56
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
im 21 years old, im not thinking about retirement.
this is all that matters.

i don't care if your family business is making $20,000,000 yearly. if it went belly up, what would you do? what would you have to fall back on? what would you have to retire on? what you make yearly doesn't matter if you squander it away on things that don't matter like cars.
      09-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #57
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushum View Post
You still live with your parents and it looks like you will for at least the next five years. Your priorities are a little off. Clearly you aren't going to listen but this is a forum so people are going to point out your poor decision making.

I'll reiterate. Being able to afford a payment and being able to afford something are entirely different. I can afford to pay $1000 a month for the next fifty years on a private jet.
thats very true, this is a forum and people will write whatever they feel
      09-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #58
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
this is all that matters.

i don't care if your family business is making $20,000,000 yearly. if it went belly up, what would you do? what would you have to fall back on? what would you have to retire on? what you make yearly doesn't matter if you squander it away on things that don't matter like cars.
you have a valid point but that statement could be valid for anyone. anyone could be laid off from work or have a business that fails so do you suggest no one should buy a car?

at what age did you buy your first M and how financially stabile were you.

im a fanatic ive been itching to get into one of these cars for a year and a half and ive done alot of work in the past year and a half to put myself into this car.
      09-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #59
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

i bought my first M (e92) when i was 26. i'm 28 now. i have four retirement plans/strategies. my M is completely paid for by people who live in investment properties i own.
i don't make a lot of money, but i invested it well and make it go to work for me.

want to know what is cooler than driving an M car? driving an M car that someone else is paying for.
      09-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #60
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
i bought my first M (e92) when i was 26. i'm 28 now. i have four retirement plans/strategies. my M is completely paid for by people who live in investment properties i own.
i don't make a lot of money, but i invested it well and make it go to work for me.

want to know what is cooler than driving an M car? driving an M car that someone else is paying for.
im glad to hear your doing well, and my father will be paying the interest portion of my payments so yes i can relate a little bit
      09-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #61
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

thanks, but its not about me. if you want to do this, then go ahead, i'm just saying it is a bad idea.
pay for all of your expenses like your cellphone, car payment (including interest), insurance, gas, etc. if you still want to do it after that, then go ahead. at 21, you're an adult, but you aren't making mature adult financial decisions. you're right, i don't know you- i just know the basics. you're not on a good path of learning financial independence- you're taking the crash course.
      09-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #62
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2007 VW Passat 2.0T  [0.00]
Those of us who are older and wiser (by virtue of having been 21 and having lived through all that you are currently experiencing) are advising you that if you can really afford to purchase an M3 go ahead and purchase one. However, keep several things in mind. You aren't really paying for your M3 right now because your housing and grocery expenses are completely subsidized by your parents, and (according to you) the interest payments on the M3 purchase will also be paid for by your parents. There will come a time (relatively soon) when you will want your own place (because face it, no matter how cool the car you are driving might be, nothing screams "baby boy" to a young woman louder than a young man who still lives with his parents), and you will be stuck with an initial payment of 3 times the monthly rent to secure an apartment, along with monthly rent, utilities, insurance, and groceries, all of which cost more than you might think. And while it is nice to have a family business to fall back on, the percentages there aren't very good. The majority of family-run small businesses that are taken over by the second generation fail within a few years, so you need to be prepared.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #63
AMG_LAWL
E92 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: (2) E92 M3's & F30 320i

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
Just one spark plug?
Lol idk if you're being sarcastic or not but yes one spark plug. I guess it was a defective plug which was replaced by the dealer for free
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #64
AMG_LAWL
E92 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: (2) E92 M3's & F30 320i

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [0.00]
Ive had two M3's since 2011 and Ive never had an issue with any of the cars, at least not engine or electrical related. I guess it all depends on how hard you drive your car every day and how often you get your maintenances done
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #65
REV1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

OP,

Smart people learn from their own mistakes and The smartest people learn from others mistakes. When you have a group of people all saying the same thing 99% of the time
There is something there.

Be one of the smartest people and listen to what these folks are trying to tell you.

What I've learned is that you NEVER know what's going to happen next.
Just be ready for anything. Financially that means keep you bills low and options open.
      09-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #66
nah dude
Pingu
Rep
Drives: White V8 Sedan Car

OP, I do think some of the people in this thread are being a bit harsh and maybe a little judgemental, however, if you're settled on the M3 and you think you can afford it, why are you asking?
Appreciate 0