BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Mporium BMW

09-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Mineral White

Maintenance Service in Chicago

Hi my fellow bimmers in Chicago,

I'm fairly new to the area and I'm looking for a good place for regular maintenance services. Please give me some good recommendations!

J
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Check out Eric at e-Fab. He'll take good care of you.
      09-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Check our Eric at e-Fab. He'll take good care of you.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #4
drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

Not in the are, but have a brother who is.

This thread has a pretty good list. Chicago is a big city, likely depends on who is close to where you live.

Who does Rod Bearings in the Milwaukee/Chicago Area? https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1423388
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #5
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrust View Post
Not in the are, but have a brother who is.

This thread has a pretty good list. Chicago is a big city, likely depends on who is close to where you live.

Who does Rod Bearings in the Milwaukee/Chicago Area? https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1423388
Thanks! Reached out to Eurowork seems they are pretty good
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #6
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJUN75 View Post
I reached out to them when selecting a shop to do my rod bearings. I agree that they seem really good, but they quoted me a much higher price for the job than e-Fab. After meeting Eric and seeing some of the things he has built, it was a no brainer for me. He's 100 miles away from me and I'd never take my BMW anywhere else despite having a couple more local options.
      10-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #7
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I reached out to them when selecting a shop to do my rod bearings. I agree that they seem really good, but they quoted me a much higher price for the job than e-Fab. After meeting Eric and seeing some of the things he has built, it was a no brainer for me. He's 100 miles away from me and I'd never take my BMW anywhere else despite having a couple more local options.
Ok I'm not doing rod bearings but I just reached out to them and let's see how much it is for a regular maintenance. I got a quote from Eurowerks and it's acceptable to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #8
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok I'm not doing rod bearings but I just reached out to them and let's see how much it is for a regular maintenance. I got a quote from Eurowerks and it's acceptable to me.
Right, I just meant the rod bearing quote I got was indicative of a higher labor rate. Which makes sense as they are a bigger shop with more overhead than e-Fab.
      10-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #9
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Right, I just meant the rod bearing quote I got was indicative of a higher labor rate. Which makes sense as they are a bigger shop with more overhead than e-Fab.
Makes sense. IND actually referred them to me so that's expected.
Is rod bearing a must change item? Mine is only 33k miles and all seem regular. I ask that because I'm thinking about some projects but if the costs for all of these are too higher, might as well just trade in for a new X5 or 340
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Is rod bearing a must change item? Mine is only 33k miles and all seem regular. I ask that because I'm thinking about some projects but if the costs for all of these are too higher, might as well just trade in for a new X5 or 340
That question is a can of worms. Basically, it depends on who you ask. In my opinion: yes, rod bearings are a must change item. You cannot predict a rod bearing failure and everything will appear normal until it's not...then you're out $15k for a new engine. Eric will do rod bearings for around $2k while Eurowerks is closer to $3k. Well worth the peace of mind, regardless of mileage.

If you would consider trading an M3 for an X5 or 340, perhaps the M3 is not the right car for you in the first place? Not trying to be rude, those are just very different cars.
      10-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #11
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That question is a can of worms. Basically, it depends on who you ask. In my opinion: yes, rod bearings are a must change item. You cannot predict a rod bearing failure and everything will appear normal until it's not...then you're out $15k for a new engine. Eric will do rod bearings for around $2k while Eurowerks is closer to $3k. Well worth the peace of mind, regardless of mileage.

If you would consider trading an M3 for an X5 or 340, perhaps the M3 is not the right car for you in the first place? Not trying to be rude, those are just very different cars.
I see.

No it's mainly because they are more practical for family uses since I don't have a second car yet. I got my M3 almost 6 years ago and I didn't have to think about these things
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 09:24 AM   #12
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see.

No it's mainly because they are more practical for family uses since I don't have a second car yet. I got my M3 almost 6 years ago and I didn't have to think about these things
I scheduled with Eric. It's slightly cheaper overall. Thanks for the recommendation!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #13
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I would check out Zima Motorsports, those guys know their M cars. They do great work, I've been taking my bimmers and Porsche to them for years now.
Appreciate 0