BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #1
Sublivion
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Key fob not working - NON Comfort Access

So I know this topic has been asked numerous times, but it seems like the answers I found through Search isn't matching entirely the problem I'm having.

My non-comfort access key fob does not lock/unlock. The car turns on when I insert the key and the central locking button on the dash works without issues.

Battery has been replaced with VL2020 and I drove the car around with the key inserted for 15-20+ minutes.

I checked all the fuses in the glovebox to verify that none are blown out as well.

I also swapped out the diversity antenna with another m3 owner to verify that it's not an issue with that unit as well.

Is there something specific that needs to be done to resync the key or what other issues could this be? Are there any other fuse locations I should be looking for/at?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 08:13 AM   #2
0utlaw
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue with one of my non comfort access keys. Starts the car, but doesn't lock/unlock.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

I had a similar issue with my comfort access key fob after killing the battery and replace it. I used Carly app to clear everything and reset it all and it worked like a charm. I don't remember exactly what happened but killing the battery for some reason shut most of my key fobs functionality down and there were a few key fob options that showed off and all I did was turn them back on. Or something like that.
Appreciate 1
Theodore668.50