BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
chuckvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Coupe

Bearing noise

What does bearing noise sound like ?? Always at idle, under load, changes volume with engine speed?? Noise at certain rpm?? Give me a hint so I can see what hi have or have not. Thanks

Right now noise only under load at slower speeds lower gears have mot ruled out detonation though. 91 octane gas. Always oil change 6000 miles no abuse.

Chuck
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Look Chuck ,It's a ticking or rattle noise, sometimes really slight...
You are saying..."Right now noise only under load at slower speeds" => But what kind of noises ?
And if you are hearing the noise...a rattle noise while driving like you said, so inside cabin it's never good I think !(must be loud)
Look..Best thing would be that you could post a video and take the cam close to driver side front wheel while raising rpm's slowly to 3K rpm .
When the rattle sound is synchronized with the rpm's and gets louder with higher rpm's.....That's really bad news and maybe even too late !
Worst case scenario...Here it's too late in the video !
BTW...If you post your video I will listen to it (just shoot me a PM)....100 % sure !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0