BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

06-14-2021, 04:49 PM   #23
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Suntek just introduced their new Reaction PPF film. It has embedded ceramic coating layer so it is more resistant to damage. Same self healing and good clarity as with Suntek Ultra. I'm getting my bumper done with the Reaction film soon.

Xpel ultimate plus is more protective than any Suntek ppf but it doesn't have as good clarity and gloss. I had Clearguard X before (2 gen older, not self healing - came out before Nano and Alpha), it is pretty pricey but a very nice film for it's time. I dunno how much better the new Clearguard Alpha is over Nano and X.

Really, the labor costs to install the film is much greater than the film itself (at least in USA). Finding a good installer is more important than the film you use. Every ppf generation is pretty similar and they all upgrade to keep up with each other.
      06-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #24
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

I have Clearguard Nano (previous gen film) on the whole car for about 4+ years now. Car still looks like it has deep glossy wet paint look and is super easy to maintain. Dust just slides right off with some water spray. It's still self healing after 4+ years. And the optical clarity is second to none. Very happy with it, but yeah not the cheapest product around.
Appreciate 0