BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

05-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #133
yoelev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Ouch...
it's ok, feel free to continue to post here. i'll allow it

it is ironic though
      05-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #134
xiliy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ride BMC

First euro delivery tread with just one picture of the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #135
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple7 View Post
No offense but you should of just let them repaint the car, it's just paint, if the interior was exactly what you wanted then just do that. Yeah it sucks and you should definitely be compensated.
indeed

and the part about not wanting the interior reinstalled? it's clips and bolts/screws

paint i kinda understand unless they were willing to full back-to-metal it in which case NO worries

interior? ugh.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #136
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

OP, that really sucks, I feel for you. I can imagine the sick feeling you experienced. Too bad BMW can't make it 100% right for you. You'll still have an awesome car, just short of your dream car...still a bit of a bummer.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #137
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

First world problems: My new sports car is the wrong color!

Joking aside, that's a bummer. I would probably refuse to buy the car if they can't deliver what you ordered. Tell BMW to refund everything to you, and reimburse you for your travel expenses. If they don't, I would get litigious.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #138
Frankless24
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT

I can understand that you are mad that it was a totally different color and I would not have accepted it either, but dude! It took you 4 years to decide on a color for a car? You should spend less time contemplating these decisions and just buy the car AND DRIVE.

Live life, don't stress about car colors.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #139
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple7 View Post
No offense but you should of just let them repaint the car, it's just paint, if the interior was exactly what you wanted then just do that. Yeah it sucks and you should definitely be compensated.
Dude, please.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #140
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Wether it's a $1 happy meal or an $80,000 BMW you made an order they failed to deliver what was ordered. You spent a lot of time and money on your end and BMW needs to make it right at all cost. All cost!
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #141
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Reading some of the responses on here (predominantly from pages 5-7 of this thread) where people act as if though OP is being unreasonable for wanting exactly what he ordered, is mind numbing to me.

Setting aside the common-sense proposition that when you pay for something, you're entitled to have it any way you want - especially when you pay extra money to do it through BMW Individual - whose entire premise is that the customer wants things to his/her EXACT spects - the law also compels the same conclusion.

For anyone confused, at least in the United States, a contract for the sale of goods requires delivery of those goods in exact conformity with that contracted for.

Nothing about OP wanting his car as he ordered it makes him unreasonable. When i go in to buy a tailored suit, that fit when I tried it on, I don't suck it up and grin when they subsequently give me an ill-fitting suit. That frustrates the entire purpose of going to a proper tailor. I want my suit fitted. And so it goes with BMW Individual....

I wonder how many of you would be singing the "you're being unreasonable" tune, if the same thing happened to you.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #142
b-thumper
Atlantic != Atlantis
United_States
Rep
Drives: German Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankless24 View Post
You should spend less time contemplating these decisions and just buy the car AND DRIVE.
It's really a testament to how much I love my E46

She's gonna be hard to part with
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #143
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Reading some of the responses on here (predominantly from pages 5-7 of this thread) where people act as if though OP is being unreasonable for wanting exactly what he ordered, is mind numbing to me.

Setting aside the common-sense proposition that when you pay for something, you're entitled to have it any way you want - especially when you pay extra money to do it through BMW Individual - whose entire premise is that the customer wants things to his/her EXACT spects - the law also compels the same conclusion.

For anyone confused, at least in the United States, a contract for the sale of goods requires delivery of those goods in exact conformity with that contracted for.

Nothing about OP wanting his car as he ordered it makes him unreasonable. When i go in to buy a tailored suit, that fit when I tried it on, I don't suck it up and grin when they subsequently give me an ill-fitting suit. That frustrates the entire purpose of going to a proper tailor. I want my suit fitted. And so it goes with BMW Individual....

I wonder how many of you would be singing the "you're being unreasonable" tune, if the same thing happened to you.
Unfortunately this thread has really brought out the asshats. I agree with your post.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #144
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Unfortunately this thread has really brought out the asshats. I agree with your post.
The riff-raff.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #145
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

OP, hope everything works out for you. We work hard for our money and are entitled to get exactly what we pay for. If you mistakenly paid 75k instead of 80k you bet BMW wouldn't overlook that mistake.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #146
shadye90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Wow..Just finisheD reading every page of this thread and really wanna see how everything will pan out for the OP..

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #147
selshahE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire

I wish people could understand that he isn't being unreasonable in anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #148
truths2k05
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 6 SPD, 12 135i PPK DCT

Quote:
... it is always the noobs with the biggest mouths, and if you call them out on it they accuse you of bullying, or being the resident cynic.
Your comments are extremely cynical. Get over yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #149
truths2k05
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 6 SPD, 12 135i PPK DCT

To the op a word of advice when going into a business negotiation don't post your game plan for everyone to see especially if you are considering litigation of any sort. This is a situation that litigation is not needed, just firm negotiating on your part. I just lemoned a BMW months ago. Talk to corporate out of New Jersey and make it happen.

Regardless of what I think or anyone thinks about your misfortune, you need to handle it yourself to your satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #150
heartcolorgrey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 ZCP AW/Speed Cloth

OP I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles.

Not your fault in ANY WAY.

But, the s65 is on it's way out, if it's between eat a re-spray (which if done by BMW indiv in this case, probably wont hurt resale at all) or lose your chance at an e92.

I'd say take the perks of whatever offers they give you and get behind the wheel of that monster asap!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #151
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
No argument here. I just found it funny how the misfortune of the OP is bringing out all the haters giving us a lecture about first world problems... on a M3 forum.

Trust me, that's all we have left anyway, we talked and bitched about everything and anything under the sun at this point.

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #152
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post

well said...hell, i couldn't have said it better than the 18 plus posts i posted, sadly.

this is so concisely put that anyone would have a hard time arguing against your points. i think this essentially ends all discussion on the matter.it should.

judging from the posts on the last two pages, unfortunately, i'll be wrong on that....
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #153
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by truths2k05 View Post
To the op a word of advice when going into a business negotiation don't post your game plan for everyone to see especially if you are considering litigation of any sort. This is a situation that litigation is not needed, just firm negotiating on your part. I just lemoned a BMW months ago. Talk to corporate out of New Jersey and make it happen.

Regardless of what I think or anyone thinks about your misfortune, you need to handle it yourself to your satisfaction.

Oh my goodness, how could you? WHYYYYY would you? Why didn't you just donate it to your local HS for the kids to work on in shop class. I mean, it must have been south of $80k right?

2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #154
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by truths2k05 View Post
Your comments are extremely cynical. Get over yourself.
Do you have a cousin named Vic, by any chance?
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread