BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
Closed Thread

03-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #683
mister_g60
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1998 Volvo S70 GLT

dooma, kudos! here's hoping the "terms" aren't something ridiculous. we were pulling for your over on vwvortex.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #684
Angelus897
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 Impreza WRX Sedan

Congrats!!! Let us know how tomorrow goes. I want to see what these "special" conditions are.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #685
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Thanks guys, there are good people in this world after all.
I'll post again tommorow.

Regards

Ken

ArtPE
bolmedias14
mkoesel
mooseman
Laszlo
yacoub
JerseyBeemer
acidtrunks
rickc
Xcellere
rainsux
ideliver
DJ9
Technic
kingdaviswaco
na335i
tturedraider
moog55
erdoran
e46e92love
ganjadude
viobruin
enlightenment
botchka
NavNurs
dgb2
The Peregrinus
skierman64
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
zavigm
Disinterested Observer
Doesn't Drive
M308CAH
stlmini
Brookzors
italy430
AML
Spazdoc
TimVFR
LilRedGXP
ybbiz34
Los Angeles
RX7owner
Revin9k
mduval1988
Huecifer
BlackJetE90
bradbmw
GalaxyGreySi
Last E92 M3
Epacy
drkbrent
normtrum
C4talyst
Ron21
imafrk
nightkhan
landon305
ShakeR
SteveMondragon
ChrisFastM3
steve40704
ncoday
Illan
joes3series
TheAcAvenger
smmille
lucid
homerjsimp
Avenger
Garissimo
Keto
D0WNxiSH1FT
08fbpSI
MrFoof
Manticorez
JasenWFO
sonofthor
OC kid
MelsM3
max4speed
Samifumi
Fyre Man
djdorifto
mimic
shanks
Adam_B
czechchamp
tiguy99
BlackStar
tivs31
CSL-Fanatik
IrvRobinson
RacerRex
ddsm3
FifthStreetz
Bammered
abuzzl23p
runutzzzzz
marcos
M3aHOLIC84
RAC
Brian W
prova275
EmmEff
Educated
Junior Barnes
paologaspar
cngzsn
hacman
Stealth_M
dlpruk
///MML
redmtclimber
takedown8
mdrobc13
RT8_M3
Jdebitjr
Nucking Futs!
smmmurf
leewoods18
SteveLevin
88M3SanDiego
orangebyke
dommo_g
anosa
ozarkgolfer
Chris_Lee
BimmerBoyz
nootrac22
Hankdoll
buschy
Jack28
achien
ianbiz
McLuVan
knext21
SnowsM3
SmittyNC
prrbill
bodies_from_vent
BMWridin89
Bettor
FCTrs4
lazyhobo
stormrider
Simpoleca
JThw8
kronzprinz
yamazaho
JEllis
dab33d
teritanz
omerfar23
THE_PRO
jgorman13
jm1234
cristios01
Angelus897
bear_2008
CaribooLou
saaboteur
Anonymous Dissent
mrmcderm
gobuffs
iluvmycsx
qortra
GrFa
lvwirelessguy
OC 335i
Salespunk
fizzle
SMSgt B
yahtzee
BogoKi
hakaida442
CallMeDPit
briambran
freakguy54321
Mfive
awesomeness
SBasinger
wtfcorp
bamafun
HeDeservesTheCar
Neu
wontonjon
E394KEN
KL2DC
John
monsta
JoeClothing
Dave_H
eurospek
gundamfans
timsev
thevaliantknight
tdicola
evilsykoskitzo
89dub
jeaguilar
Gurevich8889
Night Hawk
PhaseShift
Indecent
BMWBLOG.COM
gerilc
Stein
ky_soldier
MadDog
hak87
Eichhörnchen
Lil. Lucas
eyemdbmw
pharenx
Bookem
dunjee
jasonintoronto
motionmonk
robb
Minimad
CoolAir
CrownSeven
tRas
kgodfrey
Mateo
Happy13178
Stilig
Greeney
ucla1995
thetastelingers
Glacked
JS11
MrHarris
Gig103
achenator
MC Mo Murda
FourOFour
Bambler
e36_m3
moosepoop
JUST A REHASH...it apperars that they are caving in finally but there are still some "conditions" but how about mr.Ken,taking the time to thank us all and even being more civil with the dealership than we would have been. OH DOOMA...IF THEY WANT TO THROW CONDITIONS AT YOU PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME OF YOUR OWN
1. I(meaning you) GET TO SHAVE FIL'S HEAD(everyone at the dealership wants to see that hair do gone i guarantee it.
2. Fil stops using hair gel for the rest of his life( i mean come on how much did it take to get his spikes that long? i spike my hair and i just cant conceive being able to spike it straight up when its 5-6 inches long)

but other than that congrats and lets get him a list of his own "conditions"going
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #686
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

dooma:

Congratulations! This is fantastic news. The support shown by all is truly remarkable and it's wonderful to see that it has worked out.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #687
mgoliveruk
Audi A5 3.0 TDI
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 3.0 TDI

Long time Audi owner...active on Audi forums, first post on here.. well done. Keep us posted as to what the "conditions" are. Regards from Bath, UK
      03-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #688
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

CONGRATS DOOMA!

I knew this would go your way. Let us know details. If they try anything shady with those conditions - then this will only blow up in their face again.

WTG!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #689
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtrunks View Post
2. Fil stops using hair gel for the rest of his life( i mean come on how much did it take to get his spikes that long? i spike my hair and i just cant conceive being able to spike it straight up when its 5-6 inches long)
Judging from the number of copies of his picture in the Fark thread, Fil's taking over from the white-e36 guy as the new douchebag mascot
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #690
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Congrats! I am sure they will ship it with no wheels and they will probably hide a piece of fish in the back seat, those prankster!

Anyways, enjoy the ride and I don't get any speeding tickets in PV.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #691
billycorgan
Leaky Injector
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW 850i 6-speed

i've read every single page of this thread! congratulations to you for getting the car at $60K, but as someone else has said, make sure they don't try to screw you over with "required amenities".
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #692
325mag
Registered
Rep
Drives: F150

dooma, Make sure that you get the conditions on paper too. Dont want something to go wrong after the fact. Go get that car.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #693
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 SOLD  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [9.67]
I hope the "conditions" don't involve money.
Maybe agreeing to post how they did the customer right.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #694
yacoub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeHolden View Post
So the question might be did the OP have reason to know it was a mistake. One one hand, arguably, as the BIN was ridiculously low.
Except that it's NOT and that's the whole point. This isn't like "oops the dealer made a typo and wrote $6,000 instead of $60,000." This is a bid, accepted by the dealer, of $60,000 which is well within the price range of what a new M3 can MSRP for, depending on options selected.
Given the title of the auction was something along the lines of "THE CHEAPEST M3 ON EBAY OMG L@@K" (slight exaggeration there), that only gives further confidence to the bidder that the Buy It Now price is indeed accurate, AND further confidence that the dealer is just fine with the topic poster's bid of $60,000 which stood for hours/days during which time the dealership checked (and even edited) the posting several times. He won the auction for a price that is very reasonable, not absurdly off like a true 'mistake' would be.

Anyway, glad to hear this might be resolved in a satisfactory manner. Here's hoping!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #695
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Congrats on the win.
I can't believe I read all the posts about this.
So after you get the car, are you going to sell it and buy the one you really wanted!
Small guy -1 : Big Corporation -0
Power of the internet
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #696
maharai
Registered
Rep
Drives: black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
No one has yet to explain to me the actual loss in this situation. No earnest money was exchanged. They didn't FedEx the guy the signed paperwork, then back out.

So, how did he get screwed? I honestly really am trying to understand what his actual loss is. Someone, please, put it into language I can understand, in small one syllable words, I am from Tennessee.
If it was me, I would of lost a lot of vested time/effort and faith in eBAY (isnt much). I think you are assuming a few things that are probably wrong. You speak of a guy thats scared to lose his job because he made a mistake. I don't think a dealership allows a sales employee to set the price at 60K without any management approval, so there should be plenty of heads that will be rolling if it ever happens. How can you feel sorry for them, despite their obvious ploy to make even more money off eBAY? That dealership is making doom350 pay the price for their mistake. You apparently thinks its ok because we are spoiled in our thinking. Well having eBAY is spoiled in itself isnt it? so with all these options of legal action, media, blogs...etc. Doom350 as a consumer just wants to get some rights. Sure he didnt lose a dime, but the whole point of this whole dispute is for him to get the damn car for 60K!!, not about what he's lost! But if you wanna bring it up, he lost a chance to buy a 60K BMW, which is what he wanted in the first place.

I dont think doom350 gives a damn about the dealership peoples jobs, because dont you think its their job to worry about their job? Doom350 just wants his car at 60k.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #697
PMKN_PI
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR

Here is the scumbag sodomite rat amateur car salesman's 2 most active myspace accounts...add him as a friend, wont you please?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=276441582
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=152937794
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #698
Doesn't Drive
Rep
Drives: My Size 12 Boots

Talking W00t!

Quote:
Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Regards

Ken

ArtPE
bolmedias14
mkoesel
mooseman
Laszlo
yacoub
JerseyBeemer
acidtrunks
rickc
Xcellere
rainsux
ideliver
DJ9
Technic
kingdaviswaco
na335i
tturedraider
moog55
erdoran
e46e92love
ganjadude
viobruin
enlightenment
botchka
NavNurs
dgb2
The Peregrinus
skierman64
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
zavigm
Disinterested Observer
Doesn't Drive
M308CAH
stlmini
Brookzors
italy430
AML
Spazdoc
TimVFR
LilRedGXP
ybbiz34
Los Angeles
RX7owner
Revin9k
mduval1988
Huecifer
BlackJetE90
bradbmw
GalaxyGreySi
Last E92 M3
Epacy
drkbrent
normtrum
C4talyst
Ron21
imafrk
nightkhan
landon305
ShakeR
SteveMondragon
ChrisFastM3
steve40704
ncoday
Illan
joes3series
TheAcAvenger
smmille
lucid
homerjsimp
Avenger
Garissimo
Keto
D0WNxiSH1FT
08fbpSI
MrFoof
Manticorez
JasenWFO
sonofthor
OC kid
MelsM3
max4speed
Samifumi
Fyre Man
djdorifto
mimic
shanks
Adam_B
czechchamp
tiguy99
BlackStar
tivs31
CSL-Fanatik
IrvRobinson
RacerRex
ddsm3
FifthStreetz
Bammered
abuzzl23p
runutzzzzz
marcos
M3aHOLIC84
RAC
Brian W
prova275
EmmEff
Educated
Junior Barnes
paologaspar
cngzsn
hacman
Stealth_M
dlpruk
///MML
redmtclimber
takedown8
mdrobc13
RT8_M3
Jdebitjr
Nucking Futs!
smmmurf
leewoods18
SteveLevin
88M3SanDiego
orangebyke
dommo_g
anosa
ozarkgolfer
Chris_Lee
BimmerBoyz
nootrac22
Hankdoll
buschy
Jack28
achien
ianbiz
McLuVan
knext21
SnowsM3
SmittyNC
prrbill
bodies_from_vent
BMWridin89
Bettor
FCTrs4
lazyhobo
stormrider
Simpoleca
JThw8
kronzprinz
yamazaho
JEllis
dab33d
teritanz
omerfar23
THE_PRO
jgorman13
jm1234
cristios01
Angelus897
bear_2008
CaribooLou
saaboteur
Anonymous Dissent
mrmcderm
gobuffs
iluvmycsx
qortra
GrFa
lvwirelessguy
OC 335i
Salespunk
fizzle
SMSgt B
yahtzee
BogoKi
hakaida442
CallMeDPit
briambran
freakguy54321
Mfive
awesomeness
SBasinger
wtfcorp
bamafun
HeDeservesTheCar
Neu
wontonjon
E394KEN
KL2DC
John
monsta
JoeClothing
Dave_H
eurospek
gundamfans
timsev
thevaliantknight
tdicola
evilsykoskitzo
89dub
jeaguilar
Gurevich8889
Night Hawk
PhaseShift
Indecent
BMWBLOG.COM
gerilc
Stein
ky_soldier
MadDog
hak87
Eichhörnchen
Lil. Lucas
eyemdbmw
pharenx
Bookem
dunjee
jasonintoronto
motionmonk
robb
Minimad
CoolAir
CrownSeven
tRas
kgodfrey
Mateo
Happy13178
Stilig
Greeney
ucla1995
thetastelingers
Glacked
JS11
MrHarris
Gig103
achenator
MC Mo Murda
FourOFour
Bambler
e36_m3
moosepoop

Booyah! I love Happy Endings!

I'm kind of curious as to those Certain Conditions though... I'll have to check back tomorrow and read the end of the tale.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #699
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Congrats Dooma!
      03-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #700
JudgeHolden
Registered
Rep
Drives: no longer a bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoub View Post
Except that it's NOT and that's the whole point. This isn't like "oops the dealer made a typo and wrote $6,000 instead of $60,000." This is a bid of $60,000 which is well within the price range of what a new M3 can MSRP for, depending on options selected.
Given the title of the auction was something along the lines of "THE CHEAPEST M3 ON EBAY OMG L@@K" (slight exaggeration there), that only gives further confidence to the bidder that the Buy It Now price is indeed accurate, AND further confidence that the dealer is just fine with the topic poster's bid of $60,000 which stood for hours/days during which time the dealership checked (and even edited) the posting several times. He won the auction for a price that is very reasonable, not absurdly off like a true 'mistake' would be.

Anyway, glad to hear this might be resolved in a satisfactory manner. Here's hoping!
I covered most of that on my other hand, did I not?

The dealer's argument, the one hand, would be that they'd never, ever put a brand new, in-demand M3 on ebay for invoice price, and that it would be unreasonable to expect them to. They have a bit of a point. Can anyone think of a valid reason why they'd do that? Not really. It seems pretty clear that the BIN was intended to be a reserve price.

However, the dealer had experience with ebay, and all the bragging of lowest-price muddies their point, and I think that makes it questionable. Had it not been for the "cheapest M3 on ebay," I think this could have gone to the dealer.

Except the dealer has more to lose than simply the $3k + anything over invoice. And it seems they learned that. Good for them, good for dooma.

Big razz to anyone else that called them.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #701
NSXTASY
Registered
Rep
Drives: NSX

Congrats. and good luck...
We're watching over at NSXPrime
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #702
LilRedGXP
Rep
Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

[QUOTE=UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver;2356101]
Quote:

Regards

Ken

Is it just me or is it odd that BMW NA/Parent did not chime in? No official statement or does anyone know whether they applied pressure on the dealer to make good? I would hate to find out afterwards that the factory gave the dealer the money (difference in $) to make the problem disappear.

In any event, gratz on getting the "almost" car of your dreams - you can always repaint it.

We all want to see that smiling mug upon delivery when you have the keys in hand. Keep us posted.

LilRedGXP

P.S. I wonder what the conditions are... you promise not to tell anyone the deal that you got.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #703
japac1
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Congrats!!!! What a story.....
      03-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #704
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Congrats on being able to finally buy your car at the finalized price.

Now to get back to the normal workings of this forum, and in line with most M3 enthusiasts... I hope to see some pics of the most controverted M3 to date SOON!