BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

01-23-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
gsxrliterbikz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93, E38, E53

Garage List
2008 Bmw m3  [0.00]
2001 BMW x5  [0.00]
2001 BMW 740  [0.00]
Got a new to me e93.

So I'm looking to detail it a little deeper than the PO. It's in great shape and white, so it shouldn't be too much work.
Looking for advice on a few things though.

1: rubber seals. The vert has lots. I know zymol has nice waxes, but anyone used their rubber conditioner? Then there's the good old gummiphledge. Anything else out there that's better?

2: leather conditioner. I use the Smart brand conditioner on my 7. Mostly because it smells like an old leather sofa. Sooooo nice. But with the special leather in the m and being black and exposed to the elements more, is there a better product?

Thanks in advance. I use p21 carnauba wax on my other cars so I'll likely just use that on the m too. White is a pretty easy color to take care of so I'm not too worried about brand of waxes. The p21 looks great on my other cars. The 7 is Royal red (deep maroon) and can be a pita to take care of.
      01-23-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrliterbikz View Post
So I'm looking to detail it a little deeper than the PO. It's in great shape and white, so it shouldn't be too much work.
Looking for advice on a few things though.

1: rubber seals. The vert has lots. I know zymol has nice waxes, but anyone used their rubber conditioner? Then there's the good old gummiphledge. Anything else out there that's better?

2: leather conditioner. I use the Smart brand conditioner on my 7. Mostly because it smells like an old leather sofa. Sooooo nice. But with the special leather in the m and being black and exposed to the elements more, is there a better product?

Thanks in advance. I use p21 carnauba wax on my other cars so I'll likely just use that on the m too. White is a pretty easy color to take care of so I'm not too worried about brand of waxes. The p21 looks great on my other cars. The 7 is Royal red (deep maroon) and can be a pita to take care of.
Look into exterior trim sealants/coatings. There are plenty like carpro dlux, gtechniq c4, wolfgang exterior trim sealant, carpro perl, etc. The cleaning is the most crucial part. The trim needs to be really clean for the product to properly bond.

As far as leather conditioners go you don't actually need a conditioner for the leather in the M3. Many cars with leather actually don't need conditioners as they are already coated from the factory. Same idea as how the paint has a clear coat applies here. A proper leather cleaner is more important.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #3
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Read this post:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=609222

I used krytox instead of gummy b/c it lasts longer. It was noticeably smoother opening and closing the top. Do the joints and pivots with the wurths hhsk spray.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...

Last edited by Mvy; 01-24-2015 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0