BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

10-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
macdude357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Refreshing rear suspension components

I'm thinking about replacing some of the rear suspension components in my E90. Looks like BW has a few upgrades for the various components including:

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...e-Arm-Set.html

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...ing-Set_2.html

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...-Link-Set.html

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...aring-Kit.html

Some of these look like they are pretty easy replacements. Has anyone done any of these upgrades? The first one looks like a no brainer to make toe adjustments easier. Others would simply be replacing rubber bushings with the spherical bearings.
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11567.00
      10-16-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i talked with malek about a few of these things as potential "while you're in there" upgrades when he was doing my solid bushings. its been a while, so i can't clearly recall what the entire discussion was about, but the basic outcome of the conversation was that some of the parts back there need to be upgraded with each other. that looks like a complete list, but just make sure you're covering all bases. with your coilovers, it might be a great way to gain an advantage and rear grip without adding points to your bimmer challenge class.

have you considered solid sub/diff bushings? apparently there are diff bushings that are close to being solid, but don't make any noise. (i have derlin and they ring a little bit)
      10-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
macdude357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i talked with malek about a few of these things as potential "while you're in there" upgrades when he was doing my solid bushings. its been a while, so i can't clearly recall what the entire discussion was about, but the basic outcome of the conversation was that some of the parts back there need to be upgraded with each other. that looks like a complete list, but just make sure you're covering all bases. with your coilovers, it might be a great way to gain an advantage and rear grip without adding points to your bimmer challenge class.

have you considered solid sub/diff bushings? apparently there are diff bushings that are close to being solid, but don't make any noise. (i have derlin and they ring a little bit)
Malek already did my solid subframe bushings. Didn't do diff bushings because he said with a DCT, I'd have a lot of diff whine.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #4
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Apparently there is a solution that is very close to being a solid diff bushing, but doesn't cause diff whine.

I don't have that... I have derlin. It's tolerable.