BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Angry Stay away from Ranz Motorsports.

Bunch of liars. Stay away from this place. Has been costing me a ton of money reversing this shop's damage and poor quality work on my car. They charged me for parts and labor they never used. They take in way more projects than they can handle in a reasonable time frame, and make promises they can't deliver on. They'll point to a few custom jobs they've done as "proof," of their work... don't fall for it. I love my cars, and I wasn't there for accident repair. I took a car in show room condition to these guys for some major custom work. They butchered a beautiful car.

Private message me for in depth details and links to plenty of others complaining about ridiculous errors, extreme delays, and mishaps from this shop. Reputable shops and credible people will vouch for what I say. Pro-Mobile Detail called Ranz right in front of me to tell them how horrible their work was. They claim I rushed them. Apparently 3 months and 2 chances to detail isn't enough. Here's a link to the condition of my paint after they tried to "detail," it on two separate occasions because they left it uncovered under rain and sun for 3 months and took sand paper to the entire car. Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with a shop. A nightmare.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660700

Attacks my personal life. Incredibly unprofessional.

Lied to me and told me they purchased OEM M3 rear bumper to use for it's fender flares, like I had asked for, but actually used a bunch of bondo and charged me $760 for parts and labor they never did. Jay even went so far as to tell me they plastic welded everything. Straight up lie.

Gave my car back with parking sensors installed incorrectly, window trim wasn't sealed properly, floor mats had mud underneath them, and paint was horrendous.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 07-09-2012 at 01:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
iDontAlwaysDrink
Private First Class Asshole
Rep
Drives: ....but when I do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSquad:Neema View Post
Bunch of liars. Stay away from this place. Has been costing me a ton of money reversing this shop's damage and poor quality work on my car. They take in way more projects than they can handle in a reasonable time frame, and make promises they can't deliver on. They'll point to a few custom jobs they've done as "proof," of their work... don't fall for it. I love my cars, and I wasn't there for accident repair. I took a modified show room condition car to these guys for some major custom work. They butchered a beautiful car.

Private message me for in depth details and links to plenty of others complaining about ridiculous errors, extreme delays, and mishaps from this shop. Reputable shops and credible people will vouch for what I say. They claim I rushed them. Apparently 3 months and 2 chances to detail isn't enough. Here's a link to the condition of my paint after they tried to "detail," it on two separate occasions because they left it uncovered under rain and sun for 3 months and took sand paper to the entire car. Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with a shop. A nightmare.
http://www.e90post.com...
....Troll? I'd check your "link to the condition of your paint".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Im far from jealous... I can afford a much nicer car than a M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDontAlwaysDrink View Post
....Troll? I'd check your "link to the condition of your paint".
Definitely not a troll. Link fixed.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Told me my car would be ready at 4pm the day of delivery, and kept me waiting at the shop till 9pm. I live an hour away and my ride left after dropping me off. They spent part of that evening "detailing" my car, but it was garbage. I gave them 2 more days to correct it and the end result was what you see in those pics. They claim they would've fixed it with more time and that people return to them all the time to touch things up. I'm sorry, but 3 months to do the work and 2 chances to correct the paint IS enough. I don't know what kind of clients they have, but I don't have time to return to a shop for repairs on things that should've been done right the first time. I also WAS NOT going to give them a 3rd chance to fix my paint, or trust them coming near my car after that point.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

I thought ES was all about Ranz ?

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
A few members are. I had a ridiculous experience. The guys at EAS, Nate @ CNC, and others who saw my car afterward all agree. The guys at Pro-mobile Detail were shocked. They called Ranz right in front of me to tell them how horrible their work was.

Last edited by Neema; 06-05-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Evasive Motorsports
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
2012f30
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post

Yes they are but this guy is a new member of ES and is crying about things...anyone want to send him a pacifier...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012f30 View Post
Yes they are but this guy is a new member of ES and is crying about things...anyone want to send him a pacifier...
Why dont you imagine your car looking the way his did and see if you would be making stupid jokes..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
1 post..and stupid non value add comments..

Ranz MS troll?..yes I think so..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

I'll be furious if I see my car like that
(inside joke) pm ...lol

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Attacks my personal life and financial situation. Over all, incredibly unprofessional.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
1 post..and stupid non value add comments..

Ranz MS troll?..yes I think so..
Agreed. That TROLL has ONE post, and that was it.
Then throw in the Facebook stuff... enough said.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
EuroTrip
BMW FAN
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 M3 AW 6MT

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #15
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
personally i've had great relationship with Ranz. i don't know you but i do know a few of the Euro-Squad guys and i can't believe the amount of drama that is being stirred up.

i'd like to see these other links you say you have about other people complaining. forget PMing it and just post it here.
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

So i'm a bit confused, did they do paintwork on your vehicle or not?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
personally i've had great relationship with Ranz. i don't know you but i do know a few of the Euro-Squad guys and i can't believe the amount of drama that is being stirred up.

i'd like to see these other links you say you have about other people complaining. forget PMing it and just post it here.
It's not drama, it's a review about bad business. Here's one person.
Attached Images

Last edited by Neema; 06-06-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
So i'm a bit confused, did they do paintwork on your vehicle or not?
Yes, they installed oem M3 quarter panels. They also charged me for parts and labor they never used or did.

Last edited by Neema; 06-06-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
What kind of company talks to its clients like that? One that will go out of business...
      06-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #20
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
What kind of company talks to its clients like that? One that will go out of business...
Yea, it was very disappointing to read that. No business should ever speak to a customer like that, regardless if the customer is right or wrong. Posting messages like that is completely detrimental to a business. They should know better than that.

I, for one, just from reading the Facebook messages, will never do business with a company like that.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #21
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

2K for a paint correction is actually reasonable if it's a really tough job

I've heard of more expensive paint corrections, and cheaper ones too
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #22
socalbreeze
Obey This
Rep
Drives: Audi Etron, G63, 19 NSX, 600LT

My friends IS300 had coilovers install by RANZ. It was downright atrocious, nothing was adjusted and it was not tightened. When we took it to TWS, Albert had to completely re-install the coilovers. He thought my buddy try to install it himself. He couldn't believe a shop had install it.

I have never gone there, nor will I ever will. After I saw the facebook messages it just solidified the fact that these guys are clowns.
Appreciate 0