BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #287
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puya King View Post
HRE Wheels and COR Wheels are the only real custom wheels manufacture in existence....

I think you need to subtract the Cor wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #288
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

Just because you have 1 style, 1 bolt pattern, 1 offset, 1 size, 1 width " TUV APPROVED " doesn't mean your whole company is APPROVED! please contact TUV and get some answer's and you will see the truth.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #289
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

As far as I know, APEX VIA certifies all their wheels.
RAC is a low volume company, but they're all certified too.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #290
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

ADV is on another spamming rampage since this thread. Why so many threads created in General Automotive section?

IT IS ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #291
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB

I don't understand they posted like 3-5 posts all of different cars showing work they've recently done.

If this really bothers you, try contacting the moderators on the board. You can use the contact us link at the very bottom of the thread.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
ADV is on another spamming rampage since this thread. Why so many threads created in General Automotive section?

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #292
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
Here is a thing about testing wheels to any of the standards the smallest tire you can test on a 20 is a 35 series so if you are running less the test is thrown out anyway. Because it is not recommended tire size. They also require every offset and every width to be tested. If you truly want to know facts about any testing call STL labs and ask.

About the best thing you can do is make a center test that one style in one width and if it passes do fea on the other widths and offsets.

The TUV thing is funny because TUV is like CARB and god knows nobody's ever put a non carb component on in California.

As for adv1 and the TUV bs who knows. There are certain bolt patterns and offsets that fit multiple vehicles I think that is what they mean by applications. Tested maybe 5 styles in 2 offsets and widths would give you 100 apps probably.
i dgaf bout testin procedures or requirements. it's expected from all wheel mfgs, wheter they do or not is wut i'm tryna find out...
i'm jus a consumer tryna get ACTUAL facts n REAL paperwork that back up their claims, thas all.

n the point i was tryna make b4 is that they're not certified on "over 100 applications" like they said.
when that pic was brought up n questioned, adv posted a pic of a tuv c.of.c. sayin it was a cert.
did u read that thread btw? read it.

why do i care so much? few of my friends like their wheels n wanna kno if they're legit n worth spendin money on.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #293
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

i like how all the ppl who back ADV1 is either from Miami or have a new account. hahahhaha
      03-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #294
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:

Is General Automotive seen across all Bimmerpost boards?
Someone should like this thread and maybe the JWL thread to that spam.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #295
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
i like how all the ppl who back ADV1 is either from Miami or have a new account. hahahhaha
I'm not from Miami
Unless you mean having 4800 posts i'm a newbie?
I hope you posted their response to the Asian and Korean forums.
I mean if you're objective, and you posted the initial issue, you should post their response too no?
      03-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #296
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
i dgaf bout testin procedures or requirements. it's expected from all wheel mfgs, wheter they do or not is wut i'm tryna find out...
i'm jus a consumer tryna get ACTUAL facts n REAL paperwork that back up their claims, thas all.

n the point i was tryna make b4 is that they're not certified on "over 100 applications" like they said.
when that pic was brought up n questioned, adv posted a pic of a tuv c.of.c. sayin it was a cert.
did u read that thread btw? read it.

why do i care so much? few of my friends like their wheels n wanna kno if they're legit n worth spendin money on.
I have read the thread in the past. I personally feel they caused themselves a lot of uneaded grief by posting that. It obviously appears that it may have been a stretch.

If anyone feels I am defending adv1 I am not. But I am not gonna jump on the hater bandwagon as lots of wheel companies post bs and don't confirm or deny.

Example a wheel company says they are TUV certified that does not mean that every wheel they manufacture has been tested it means their management process is certified. Even when the company says "certain styles are tested for sale in TUV countries". People say oh every wheel they sell is TUV tested

So to answer your question no most wheels are not sae tested exactly as made the company maybe test one diameter and one width and one offset.

Now a low volume company which only makes a handful of sizes and widths and styles can do testing on all wheels economically.

Now these tests no matter what are performed with recommended tire size which the lowest sidewall is 35 series anything lower than that and you are outside of any test and "for show only"
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #297
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

Quote:
Nobody's whole wheel line is tested. I will guarantee it.

And just because your management system is certified that does not guarantee your wheels will not have supplier related issues. If that was the case here.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #298
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
I'm not from Miami
I mean if you're objective, and you posted the initial issue, you should post their response too no?
nope. didnt. dont care. and im enjoying it.
      03-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #299
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Lots of reading here. 2 things that I notice still have not been answered, and now I'm a bit curious myself:

1) Is Tom, the "head engineer" mentioned on Adv's site http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/dem/engineer.php, degreed? If so, what type(s) of degree(s) does he hold?
2) Is it true that there was an issue in the machining such that the holes did not line up and bolts had be threaded in @ an angle? If so, is it true that ADV knew about this at the time of assembly and sold them to customers with this knowledge?

And I read Jordan's response. I'd just like a direct, simple answer to these 2 questions. Not hating, just curious. Thanks.
what kind of question is #1?? Why in the world would they not have a degreed engineer to design their wheels? There has been ONE failure due to a supplier's part and nothing to do with the design of the wheels.

you guys are ridiculous

Last edited by MR///M3; 03-23-2012 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #300
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post
what kind of question is #1?? Why in the world would they not have a degreed engineer to design their wheels? There has been ONE failure due to a supplier's part and nothing to do with the design of the wheels.

you guys are ridiculous

Most wheel "engineers" are just designers/technitians who know how to use a CAD software. Very few, have an actual engineer with an engineering degree working for them full time.

OP, hope everything works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #301
h4nh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SC E90 M3 / 13 F10 M5

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 (superc ...  [10.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
I have a set of ADV10 19" Track Spec. (they're engraved track spec not 'trak spec') lol at the krab cake joke.

They're nice looking wheels and for clarifications the price ranges so not all of them are 10k. I think people assume they're 10k which is good because there wont be honda civics with the same kind of wheels.

I've seen all kinds of wheels cracked. Shit happens. Especially when you're running low profile tires and driving it everyday.

Free wheels or money back cant complain.
      03-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #302
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
I don't understand they posted like 3-5 posts all of different cars showing work they've recently done.

If this really bothers you, try contacting the moderators on the board. You can use the contact us link at the very bottom of the thread.

Michael
No other vendor does it like they do. It is really annoying as a member that frequents that section to talk general automotive news and current events. They had 6 seperate threads on the first page alone.

It is called spam advertising. There are vendor sections for a reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #303
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
I'm not from Miami
You are wasting your breath...600 posts and probably half of his are blasting ADV.1. So obvious what is going on here...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #304
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
No other vendor does it like they do. It is really annoying as a member that frequents that section to talk general automotive news and current events. They had 6 seperate threads on the first page alone.

Yes, it is truly outrageous. I can't think of anything more annoying than seeing beautiful cars with beautiful wheels.

sarcasm meter:

[..................../]

Seriously man, complain to the mods. You sound like a whiny bitch.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #305
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:

that's the only section they are allowed to post pictures like that in...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #306
db71
Private
Rep

Quote:

It's no different than looking at a magazine that is half ads or TV show that is over half commercials. What about google or any website ads everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #307
db71
Private
Rep

Once again I am not defending but being TUV certified means your management process is certified it doesn't have a thing to do with the strength of your wheels. And wheels being load tested can mean FEA as that is a test. The quotes you posted say nothing about all wheels being load tested by TUV.

I agree that it could be misleading. I asked a company who shows off their TUV certificate if every wheel they make is physically tested or just FEA about 2 weeks ago and they never responded to my post but responded to others. This was on another forum.

So in saying that all wheel companies are posting misleading stuff. Sometimes it's not what they say its what they don't say.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #308
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

SehrSchnell :roundofapplause:

Quote:
I have read the thread in the past. I personally feel they caused themselves a lot of uneaded grief by posting that. It obviously appears that it may have been a stretch.

If anyone feels I am defending adv1 I am not. But I am not gonna jump on the hater bandwagon as lots of wheel companies post bs and don't confirm or deny.

Example a wheel company says they are TUV certified that does not mean that every wheel they manufacture has been tested it means their management process is certified. Even when the company says "certain styles are tested for sale in TUV countries". People say oh every wheel they sell is TUV tested

So to answer your question no most wheels are not sae tested exactly as made the company maybe test one diameter and one width and one offset.

Now a low volume company which only makes a handful of sizes and widths and styles can do testing on all wheels economically.

Now these tests no matter what are performed with recommended tire size which the lowest sidewall is 35 series anything lower than that and you are outside of any test and "for show only"
u're bein too critical man. ofcourse wheel companies can't test all the wheels,
it costs way too much 2 do n most of 'em woulda been bankrupt a while ago in doin so.

long story short; i don't trust adv bc they lied bout havin tuv when in actuality they weren't registered w/ them @ the time.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0