BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

02-24-2023, 10:50 PM   #243
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz90 View Post
Hello Sangria.

I have traced the wiring harness once properly.
Had to find out that Cargrade module is designed for an external RVC and probably doesn't work because of that.
The new RVC module has the same symptoms.

May I know what emulator you used?
Thanks for your help
I havent use any emulator since i have never done nbt/nbt evo - RVC retrofit . That was my friend from Philippines and he succesfully done it with the emulator on his E81 with E70 TRSVC .
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 09:40 PM   #244
Lme90
E90, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Hi Sangria, thanks for this awesome DIY. I'm in the process of gathering parts. You are and excellent bargain hunter because all those items are highly priced now. Ive read this tread from beginning to end several times so I can understand as much as I can. Will keep you up to date on my progress. Thanks again for such an awesome project. Love the oem functionality.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      03-01-2023, 02:38 PM   #245
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lme90 View Post
Hi Sangria, thanks for this awesome DIY. I'm in the process of gathering parts. You are and excellent bargain hunter because all those items are highly priced now. Ive read this tread from beginning to end several times so I can understand as much as I can. Will keep you up to date on my progress. Thanks again for such an awesome project. Love the oem functionality.
Keep us posted brother. Thank you for the feedback!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 03:23 PM   #246
Lme90
E90, E91
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
Keep us posted brother. Thank you for the feedback!
Will Do, I just got a killer deal on all the parts required. Well to me it's a deal. Been searching for quite some time now. Got all the parts last night for a total of $370. I think thats a steal of a deal because I couldn't find any pdc module under $200 prior to yesterday. Now I got all the item including a new jbe M. So will let you know as soon as parts arrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 04:57 PM   #247
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Nicee. Yeah the X3 PDC and TRSVC prices gone up after i have posted this DIY
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 07:40 PM   #248
Julz90
Germany
Rep
Drives: F48 LCI, E87 LCI, E36 Coupé

Quote:
I havent use any emulator since i have never done nbt/nbt evo - RVC retrofit . That was my friend from Philippines and he succesfully done it with the emulator on his E81 with E70 TRSVC .
Thanks again SaNGRia for the help!
It works with the custom retrofit adapter without problems.

So my nbt + rear view camera retrofit is successful.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-13-2023, 08:33 PM   #249
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz90 View Post
Thanks again SaNGRia for the help!
It works with the custom retrofit adapter without problems.

So my nbt + rear view camera retrofit is successful.
Great. I assume you tab the canbus on NBT emulator. And the previous emulator was the issue. But glad to see, its working properly!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 12:22 PM   #250
GnomeChild
IN54NE
Rep
Drives: e90 335i LCI M-Sport

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
No not the whole car. Just the JBE. Well can you communicate all the other modules except the TRSVC?

If you can not communicate with the TRSVC check the Software No. If it starts with Numbers then it belongs to F series and i also had one and does not work for our cars! If it starts with Letter (A,B,D) that belongs to E series which is fine. LMK!
I have sourced the rest of my retrofit fine based on the OP but I am getting hung up on the TRSVC. I was verifying the numbers and well, they all "start" with numbers lol
The only difference or "Letters" I found are at the ending sequence of the VVS P/B and even in the pics you posted it shows only Letters at the end there. Can you clarify where you are looking exactly?

This is the TRSVC I sourced:

The VVS P/N is 908479BB (ends in B)

Seller had it listed specifically as coming from an e91 328i. Will this work? I didn't know e9x ever came with a factory camera (else we would be using that instead of the F30 camera)

EDIT
I see now where OP stated that I had to look at the software version.... unfortunately I will not being doing this instal for a very long time and won't be able to pull any of the info using BMW Tools. Can anyone confirm if I have purchase the correct TRSVC? Seems like I may not have and I have a return to process soon...

Last edited by GnomeChild; 03-17-2023 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 01:55 PM   #251
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW

it s from F series
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 05:12 PM   #252
GnomeChild
IN54NE
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Man

How did BMW screw the pooch so bad on this? All modules from an assortment of cars all under the same exact part number and they aren't even interchangeable...

When I pieced together my Combox retrofit even the most minute details and difference between 2G and 4G comboxes had different part numbers.

Obviously no one's fault and it just is what it is but damn that's frustrating

Is there a way we can compile a list of applicable "part numbers" ourselves of compatible TRSVCs since BMW decided not to? Something using different markings like the BMW "NR" or PVV P/N?

EDIT
I guess I will just throw some TRSVCs up and maybe someone with more experience than I can confirm or deny compatibility

I would honestly rather not shell out the $300 for the e84 module if I don't have to and there are other ones that would be compatible. I suppose I would if I had to but damn I wouldn't be happy about it considering F series TRSVCs go for like $30s even

Last edited by GnomeChild; 03-17-2023 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 07:10 PM   #253
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Well you can contribute to the DIY if you can find anything different but as of right now it is only way to go unless you know how to custom flash the E9X PDC as a E84 PDC which had been done here! I am sure F series TRSVC can be custom flash as well! You just need to use Bench or F series vehicle to communicate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeChild View Post
Man

How did BMW screw the pooch so bad on this? All modules from an assortment of cars all under the same exact part number and they aren't even interchangeable...

When I pieced together my Combox retrofit even the most minute details and difference between 2G and 4G comboxes had different part numbers.

Obviously no one's fault and it just is what it is but damn that's frustrating

Is there a way we can compile a list of applicable "part numbers" ourselves of compatible TRSVCs since BMW decided not to? Something using different markings like the BMW "NR" or PVV P/N?

EDIT
I guess I will just throw some TRSVCs up and maybe someone with more experience than I can confirm or deny compatibility

I would honestly rather not shell out the $300 for the e84 module if I don't have to and there are other ones that would be compatible. I suppose I would if I had to but damn I wouldn't be happy about it considering F series TRSVCs go for like $30s even
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 09:53 PM   #254
GnomeChild
IN54NE
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well you can contribute to the DIY if you can find anything different but as of right now it is only way to go unless you know how to custom flash the E9X PDC as a E84 PDC which had been done here! I am sure F series TRSVC can be custom flash as well! You just need to use Bench or F series vehicle to communicate!
I found the e84 PDC at a decent price (still overpriced but not horrible) but the e84 TRSVC prices are pretty unreasonable. I'd rather not pursue the e70/e71 route considering I will never fit the side or top cameras so looks like e84 is my only option for a clean, error free, OEM install

I managed to narrow down and get actual part numbers for the e84 TRSVC:

(Superseded numbers)

Unfortunately no one on eBay is selling these modules under their actual part number and are just using the generic "161 295 10" number for the module. Anyone that does use the actual part number already knows and has priced the module accordingly. Unfortunately, the actual part number is located no where on the TRSVC so there really isn't a good way to go hunting for one without knowing what other numbers are stamped on each particular e84 TRSVC
      03-18-2023, 03:46 AM   #255
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW

Exclamation

Quote:
If it starts with Letter (A,B,D) that belongs to E series which is fine. LMK!

F series :
Attachment 2447960

E series :
Attachment 2447961
have you read this ?
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2023, 04:18 AM   #256
GnomeChild
IN54NE
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumitru.o View Post
have you read this ?
Yes, I have but clearly from the state of my first post I was unsure what OP was referring to and still sort of am
Now I see that he was referring to the numbers listed after "SW" and not something that get reported running the module through BMW Tools

Based off of the observation I went ahead and purchased a "D" unit that I posted above because it was the right price
      03-19-2023, 02:24 PM   #257
Lme90
E90, E91
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nicee. Yeah the X3 PDC and TRSVC prices gone up after i have posted this DIY
Is it possible to install the e84 pdc and code it be for the rest of the other stuff. I'm still waiting for my harness. I paid the extra shipping but it's still taking a long time. I have everything sitting waiting on the harness.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 09:01 PM   #258
Lme90
E90, E91
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I found the e84 PDC at a decent price (still overpriced but not horrible) but the e84 TRSVC prices are pretty unreasonable. I'd rather not pursue the e70/e71 route considering I will never fit the side or top cameras so looks like e84 is my only option for a clean, error free, OEM install
Where did you find your pdc module and how much you got it for if you dont mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 09:31 PM   #259
GnomeChild
IN54NE
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lme90 View Post
Where did you find your pdc module and how much you got it for if you dont mind me asking?
I just typed 9252636 into eBay and bought the cheapest one ($150). It was by far the most expensive module in this mod but I think I got a good deal considering current prices; if not, my $50 e84 TRSVC definitely made up for it

Hopefully it is not fried when it arrives; it will be a while before I can get to this mod (I still have plenty of other mods I have parts sitting for + Combox) so I may just open up the module and inspect the board when it arrives

Good luck. I managed to piece everything together for about $350 but with current prices it seems like the camera retrofit has the possibility to run twice that amount if you are not lucky with deals. I would be considering the emulator option at that point ($100 at most?) but I am a stickler for OEM parts/integration
      03-19-2023, 11:18 PM   #260
Lme90
E90, E91
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just typed 9252636 into eBay and bought the cheapest one ($150). It was by far the most expensive module in this mod but I think I got a good deal considering current prices; if not, my $50 e84 TRSVC definitely made up for it

Hopefully it is not fried when it arrives; it will be a while before I can get to this mod (I still have plenty of other mods I have parts sitting for + Combox) so I may just open up the module and inspect the board when it arrives

Good luck. I managed to piece everything together for about $350 but with current prices it seems like the camera retrofit has the possibility to run twice that amount if you are not lucky with deals. I would be considering the emulator option at that point ($100 at most?) but I am a stickler for OEM parts/integration

Thats not a bad price. I thought about the emulator route until I found this thread. Once my harness arrives I'll get homework on finishing this mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 01:52 AM   #261
panky
panky
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Hi all, wonderful people here might be able to help me. I successfully did nbt evo retrofit on my bmw e90 . got the reverse camera working properly with the help of e70 TRSVC. I am also chasing the front bumper side camera. got all the wiring done, cameras installed in the front bumper, but unfortunately cannot activate the front bumper camera. I bought e70 camera button, hoping as it runs on KCAN 1,it should be able to activate the cameras. but NO it is not activating the front camera. the front bumper camera pdc button also not activating the front pdc, when I hit the pdc button on the module which I sourced from e70. Could someone please help me here? What should I do in order to activate the front side camera
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 03:52 PM   #262
Mert335d
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335d LCI

Garage List
  [0.00]
I will do the Retrofit in my E92 LCI as well.
Currently have the JBB3 in my car which came from factory.

So all I need is the Camera Handle from Aliexpress, the OEM Camera, the OEM Harness, the TRSVC with Letter instead of Number, the X1 PDC Module.

Coding will be done by myself.

My only question: Where do I have to put the fuse that comes with the Harness ? Which Position ?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 10:59 PM   #263
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mert335d View Post
I will do the Retrofit in my E92 LCI as well.
Currently have the JBB3 in my car which came from factory.

So all I need is the Camera Handle from Aliexpress, the OEM Camera, the OEM Harness, the TRSVC with Letter instead of Number, the X1 PDC Module.

Coding will be done by myself.

My only question: Where do I have to put the fuse that comes with the Harness ? Which Position ?
Find a KL15 Fuse location and do that instead of Terminal 30!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 11:16 PM   #264
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky View Post
Hi all, wonderful people here might be able to help me. I successfully did nbt evo retrofit on my bmw e90 . got the reverse camera working properly with the help of e70 TRSVC. I am also chasing the front bumper side camera. got all the wiring done, cameras installed in the front bumper, but unfortunately cannot activate the front bumper camera. I bought e70 camera button, hoping as it runs on KCAN 1,it should be able to activate the cameras. but NO it is not activating the front camera. the front bumper camera pdc button also not activating the front pdc, when I hit the pdc button on the module which I sourced from e70. Could someone please help me here? What should I do in order to activate the front side camera
I am not sure NBT EVO will show the side cameras since it only have 360 Option other than rear view!

E70 did not have front bumper cameras. F series had that option. E70 had Top View option and the cameras were located under the side mirrors. It uses only 3 side including rear! So when you wanna do the full camera retrofit, you need to use proper cameras. Rear View Cam might be different than the one i used on my retrofit for the Top View Option!

And i dont think u can activate that with NBT EVO since it supports 360 with ICAM not with TRSVC!

So not sure about your cams gonna work! But if you find a way share with us!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0