BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

05-29-2023, 10:46 AM   #1
wheelguy1
Rep
Drives: m3

*Bilstein Clubsports review* Im shocked

hello everyone,
I figured this would be helpful for anybody considering this suspension set up for their own build. Please feel free to ask me any questions below!

previous setup -
I purchased my third E9x M3 back in the summer of 2020. After picking the car up from Chicagoland and driving it back to the East Coast, the car was running on the original non-EDC shocks with some H&R lowering springs. As you can imagine this suspension set up was less than optimal. After about a month of research, and I decided to upgrade to a set of the Bilstein PSS-10 Coilovers. I’ve had this set up on the car for about three years now and although I have enjoyed it very much, I was embarking on the next stage of my build, I figured it’s time to improve the suspension even further.

new setup -
As a previous Bilstein customer, I decided to thoroughly investigate the Bilstein clubsport suspension system. Although the hefty price tag was detouring, I ended up convincing myself that this would be money well spent, and well spent it was. The parts arrived very quickly, and I consulted with my local performance shop in Boston Massachusetts, Eurotech Motorsports, to install all the components. After having the components installed, it was time to break them in and get some shakedown runs in.

my conclusions -
Normally when I write about products, I like to build to a crescendo about how much I’m enjoying a product as it makes for a good reading experience, but there is no time for that now. This is quite simply the best suspension system I’ve ever driven on and i don’t say that lightly. I’ve never been behind the wheel of a car that has such good dynamics and chassis control, but also retains such good ride comfort along bumpy roads.

To fully put these Coilovers to the test, there’s a section of road that I drive every day to and from my shop. In the summertime, I daily drive my 1995 Mazda Miata and this car is extremely well-suited to this road. The road is skinny and relatively bumpy, perfect for a lightweight sports car. In the past I have driven other very exotic and fast vehicles down this road, including a Huracan STO, Ferrari 488 Pista, and other vehicles of this nature. Although they perform fine, this road really rewards cars with good wheel travel and good ride quality as some of the bumps are quite large. As I went for my first blast down this road, I figured the experience would be better than before, but I was not prepared for how much better the M3 now performed with its new suspension system. The chassis dynamics were otherworldly. The large bumps in the road felt like they were completely ironed out while the car remained stiff and well balanced through the transitions. With other suspension systems I have experienced, you compromise ride quality for stiffness, and body control. Not here, this setup really does do it all and even though my GT4 for Front lip it’s about 3 inches off the ground, I didn’t bottom out once. This setup has transformed the car for me. I have yet to test the car on the track, but I can only assume the set up excels there as well. I look forward to doing this in the near future.

For the buyers out there -
this suspension set up is not for everybody. It is extremely expensive, but if you’re looking for that ultimate experience, this setup really does provide. The trouble is, I will be financially ruined by this, because every other future car will have to have suspension to match and that is going to be very expensive lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
SN1P3211.50
LMBE9263.50
      05-29-2023, 09:33 PM   #2
LMBE92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Awesome write up! Did you also recently replace any control arms as well? It looks like one of the arms in the picture is relatively new
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 10:56 PM   #3
M3sicko
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

good feedback! I’d probably give it a try one day.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 08:20 AM   #4
dfwashere
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 Sedan 6Spd

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Nice review! I was seconds from pulling the trigger on some BSCS's but ended up going Nitron. Glad to know if I want to switch again that I know what I'm going for. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 06:54 AM   #5
omhl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S / F82 M4 6MT

BCS FTW! I'm also blown away by the quality and supposedly they are overbuilt to be durable and reliable for a track oriented suspension.

I ran AST, JRZ and MCS before but they require rebuilds - both great coils tho.