BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-27-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
chocstraw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Where is the EDC Module?

Thankful for the forum's patience with simple threads,

but I cannot, for the life of me, find where the damn EDC module is. I've coded it out on both of the modules, all the other supporting stuff, but I can't find the physical box to unplug it... where is it?

thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 04:58 AM   #2
chalbe
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, jeeps

It's in the trunk. You have to remove the the plastic panel at the trunk latch (two phillips screws under removable plastic covers, four plastic clips), the carpet/covering at the battery that extends from the back seat to the tail lights, then there is an insulation layer that you can peel back. There are some wires and other plastic clips you have to undo to peel the insulation away. The gas door release goes through the insulation layer, so be careful with it (mine is green). The RDC/TPMS module and EDC module are in a plastic housing between the fender and the body that is held in by two 10mm nuts. The electric connections are a lever release....you'll see. With the 10mm nuts out you should be able to pull the plastic housing in the trunk enough to get everything out.

Edit: I think the plastic housing fasteners are a smaller torx screw, like T27 or T25.

Last edited by chalbe; 04-30-2020 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 2
irokwrx765.00
chocstraw495.50