BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #331
Rid3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3r View Post
Got the same issue with calls over CarPlay, I was thinking of switching out with a better mic.
I tried disconnecting the BMW bluetooth connection during a Carplay call, per Michael from Kremersino's recommendation, but it didn't improve the call quality. Michael suggested I move the mic location to the mirror on the driver's side, as the OEM mic can supposedly interfere, but I haven't tried this yet. I wonder if moving the mic will remove the need to disconnect the BMW bluetooth, since I like having the factory bluetooth connection as well.
You can probably move the oem mic to other side where the aftermarket mic is, Ive been switching to factory Bluetooth for calls, I wouldn't completely disconnect it.

Another issue I'm having is Siri doesn't hear me sometimes and keeps timing out but sometimes it does so not sure if it's a mic issue or a unit issue.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #332
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beluga Whale

Quote:
I tried disconnecting the BMW bluetooth connection during a Carplay call, per Michael from Kremersino's recommendation, but it didn't improve the call quality. Michael suggested I move the mic location to the mirror on the driver's side, as the OEM mic can supposedly interfere, but I haven't tried this yet. I wonder if moving the mic will remove the need to disconnect the BMW bluetooth, since I like having the factory bluetooth connection as well.
IIRC, the E93 factory mic location is on the steering wheel column. It should be where this little cover is in the pic below. Perhaps you can set up a way to use that area? I don't know if that will improve anything as I feel that the area might introduce even more noise.

Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #333
PACarGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
You can probably move the oem mic to other side where the aftermarket mic is, Ive been switching to factory Bluetooth for calls, I wouldn't completely disconnect it.

Another issue I'm having is Siri doesn't hear me sometimes and keeps timing out but sometimes it does so not sure if it's a mic issue or a unit issue.
I have the aftermarket mic in the overhead lighting console in the empty slot, opposite where I thought the OEM mic was. Are you saying to move the OEM mic into that same location? What would that do?

Siri hears me, but when I reply to texts w/my voice she sometimes gets it wrong.
      Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #334
PACarGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
IIRC, the E93 factory mic location is on the steering wheel column. It should be where this little cover is in the pic below. Perhaps you can set up a way to use that area? I don't know if that will improve anything as I feel that the area might introduce even more noise.
Yeah, I could possibly try that, though I agree that might introduce more noise. Michael was recommending the mirror on the driver's side, but that seems pretty close to the OEM E92 mic as well.

Last edited by PACarGuy; Yesterday at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #335
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beluga Whale

Quote:
Yeah, I could possibly try that, though I agree that might introduce more noise. Michael was recommening the mirror on the driver's side, but that seems pretty close to the OEM E92 mic as well.
Experiment!
      Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #336
PACarGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Experiment!
LOL. I will, as soon as I get some time...too much summer goin' on!
      Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #337
Rid3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Quote:

I have the aftermarket mic in the overhead lighting console in the empty slot, opposite where I thought the OEM mic was. Are you saying to move the OEM mic into that same location? What would that do?

Siri hears me, but when I reply to texts w/my voice she sometimes gets it wrong.
If you switched spots for oem mic and aftermarket mic it might work better, the aftermarket mic will be closer to you and will hear you better. Oem mic is already pretty good so even on the other side it will still be able to hear you fine.

I'll try it once I get my car back from the shop.

Also did you leave the foam on the mic or removed it?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #338
PACarGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you switched spots for oem mic and aftermarket mic it might work better, the aftermarket mic will be closer to you and will hear you better. Oem mic is already pretty good so even on the other side it will still be able to hear you fine.

I'll try it once I get my car back from the shop.

Also did you leave the foam on the mic or removed it?
Interesting. I'll be interested to hear if it makes any difference. I had left the foam cover on the mic.