BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

Today, 02:23 PM   #14191
Kelse92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 & 2015 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Is anyone going to the Optima Ultimate Street Car event at COTA next month? Was thinking of a day trip to spectate.
I would love to go watch the 25k autocross, but I'm not sure just that is worth the 6hr drive so I'm just going to follow-along online instead.
From what I have seen the last couple of weeks at local events with several of the potential entrants testing, my money would be on Feras' vette to win, but if the right AWD car on Kumho's shows up it could give him a good run for the money.
The car shows and stuff could be fun too though... idk. I'm on the fence after just going to Houston last week

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:04 PM   #14192
dparm
World's greatest HPDE driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
I would love to go watch the 25k autocross, but I'm not sure just that is worth the 6hr drive so I'm just going to follow-along online instead.
From what I have seen the last couple of weeks at local events with several of the potential entrants testing, my money would be on Feras' vette to win, but if the right AWD car on Kumho's shows up it could give him a good run for the money.
The car shows and stuff could be fun too though... idk. I'm on the fence after just going to Houston last week

That's why you've got to parlay it with other stuff in Austin, like hitting up Jester King or something. Or maybe even plan a backroads drive down there instead of just sitting on 35 the whole way.

I'm also tempted by the Trans Am race the following weekend which will allow spectators...
      Today, 03:57 PM   #14193
fsmtnbiker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E36 M3, TM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
I would still bet on Thorne’s S2000. Curious to see who all shows up though! Some of it is course dependent.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:22 PM   #14194
Kelse92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 & 2015 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
I would still bet on Thorne’s S2000. Curious to see who all shows up though! Some of it is course dependent.
Ahhhh you know what, you might be right on that one. I forgot he moved a bit closer recently and would probably make the trip in

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0