BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

03-28-2022, 01:34 PM   #89
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Wonder what Uncle Phil thinks of this. Also, this gives CR ammo for other gigs.

There's a ton of things he could say about this slap that would gain more attention and further embarrass WS. Example, WS slaps like a lil' bitch, he took his time picking up his skirt before approaching me, etc…

I wonder what would have happened if CR blocked the slap and he fought back? Interesting.
Also. I think uncle phil died like a decade ago.
Appreciate 1
Esteban44357.50
      03-28-2022, 01:55 PM   #90
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
So in your first paragraph you highlight how he is emotionally unwell and how this perfectly fits something he would do. Then in your last paragraph, make a case for security to ignore all that and just let him walk up on stage, hit someone and be allowed to just return to his seat.

If he is that much of an emotional train wreck and everyone knows it, security should have been ready to pounce as soon as he stood up. It's not like he ran - he had a decent walk to get there. At a minimum how could he not be removed from the event?
AGREED!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #91
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Guy apologized in tears to everyone except the guy he hit. Actor.
Appreciate 5
Torgus3781.50
tcphoto3547.50
RickFLM410995.50
      03-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #92
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
So it’s ok for other men to bang his wife but wrong to make a joke of her? As already mentioned by TXSTYLE and other news outlets, he was laughing until she was obviously annoyed by it.

CR is a comedian and they do go out of line at times but jeez, an embarrassing moment for WS. CR handled it well by turning that event into a joke itself. IDK, maybe I’m wrong.
Nope. My sentiments exactly.

Smith came across as:

Insensitive - laughed at said joke about his own wife.
Bully - Storming the stage and physically assaulting CR.
Inconsiderate - Throwing F Bombs ona family friendly live TV show.
Emotionally unstable - Laughter then Violence.
Entitled, Egomaniac, Asshole - No apology to CR for striking and cursing him.
Appreciate 5
Torgus3781.50
tcphoto3547.50
DYoung32.00
      03-28-2022, 02:06 PM   #93
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Wow, well done to the bigwigs at the Academy, even got an obscure BMW online forum talking 5 pages so far about this thing. What a bizarre setup to cause controversy, it's probably all over the news now.

I'd LOVE to see another angle on the supposedly slap but I bet it's not there unless it gets leaked. If you were Chris, would you fold your hands behind and stick your head out all expose seeing a supposedly angry Will coming at you? Again, why would Will stance up before the single slap and why didn't he follow up w more confrontation? Looking back, doesn't really make sense, an angry man defending his wife's honor isn't going to do a wimpy slap on another man, and he definitely wouldn't just be one-and-done. Chris didn't even wince/his face didn't show any mark cause there wasn't any contact. Will slipped up for a microsecond though as he let out a smirk walking back. I give him massive props for the verbal tirade though, almost sold me...almost. Once again shows that ppl can be manipulated to believe whatever is being portrayed by the media.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #94
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
If you look at the pics, there's one where his initial reaction was to cock his fist with his right hand so he did think about it for a split half second.

He's intelligent dude. He knows taking that swing would cost him a great deal in endorsements and whatnot. He took the high rode and declined when approached by LAPD to press charges. ...
Legal experts please chime in but I don't think Chris needs to "press charges" for Will Smith to be charged. The decision to charge someone doesn't rest with the victim, it rests with the Prosecutor based on the evidence. And with the slap being broadcasted live and to millions on TV, the evidence is pretty clear a battery misdemeanor was committed against Chris and Will should be charged.

Otherwise if not, this appears to be another case of two different sets of rules, one for normal folks like us and another for the rich and famous.
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3547.50
      03-28-2022, 02:17 PM   #95
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Wow, well done to the bigwigs at the Academy, even got an obscure BMW online forum talking 5 pages so far about this thing. What a bizarre setup to cause controversy, it's probably all over the news now.

I'd LOVE to see another angle on the supposedly slap but I bet it's not there unless it gets leaked. If you were Chris, would you fold your hands behind and stick your head out all expose seeing a supposedly angry Will coming at you? Again, why would Will stance up before the single slap and why didn't he follow up w more confrontation? Looking back, doesn't really make sense, an angry man defending his wife's honor isn't going to do a wimpy slap on another man, and he definitely wouldn't just be one-and-done. Chris didn't even wince/his face didn't show any mark cause there wasn't any contact. Will slipped up for a microsecond though as he let out a smirk walking back. I give him massive props for the verbal tirade though, almost sold me...almost. Once again shows that ppl can be manipulated to believe whatever is being portrayed by the media.
Be sure to check your international news outlets for what is being hidden by this event as it's the only thing covered.

Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15803.50
      03-28-2022, 02:17 PM   #96
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

if only chris would have left with "Damn... if you think Will is mad in March you should see him in August"

^ saw that mentioned on an IG post. If that really happened Will would have left on life support lmao.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9731.00
      03-28-2022, 02:21 PM   #97
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Legal experts please chime in but I don't think Chris needs to "press charges" for Will Smith to be charged. The decision to charge someone doesn't rest with the victim, it rests with the Prosecutor based on the evidence. And with the slap being broadcasted live and to millions on TV, the evidence is pretty clear a battery misdemeanor was committed against Chris and Will should be charged.

Otherwise if not, this appears to be another case of two different sets of rules, one for normal folks like us and another for the rich and famous.
The rules to lay a charge of Assault in Canada would require a complainant, that is to say, CR would have to agree to a charge being laid, unless its of a domestic nature. I suspect the law is similar in California.
Appreciate 1
Tacoma944.50
      03-28-2022, 02:25 PM   #98
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
If you look at the pics, there's one where his initial reaction was to cock his fist with his right hand so he did think about it for a split half second.

He's intelligent dude. He knows taking that swing would cost him a great deal in endorsements and whatnot. He took the high rode and declined when approached by LAPD to press charges. ...

You actually nailed it and said it at the end. You guys know for example, Disney - the company, is one of the most powerful politicians in Florida, yes? It's no different here in LA with studio execs and the Board of Governors (Oscars).

No DA is touching this with a ten foot pole without instructions from his higher ups - who got requested by somebody else with connections.

The world isn't black and white.
Appreciate 1
Tacoma944.50
      03-28-2022, 02:27 PM   #99
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...-fake-20220328

In response to people discussing Chris folding his hands behind his back and sticking his face out:

Quote:
“The joke targeting Jada’s shaved head following her battle with alopecia, clearly made her uncomfortable and she showed signs in her face of awkwardness and disdain after being embarrassed in front of her peers and the world.

“Will, on the other hand, made a slightly loose laugh and leant back in his chair, which is a sign of tension or uneasiness."

Stanton said Rock's stance showed he clearly 'wasn't expecting what was about to happen' as Smith got up on stage, and that there were signs he may have thought the confrontation was a 'prank'.

He explained: "With his hands behind his back, he displayed a position of authority, like many police officers, politicians and other empowered people stand in certain situations.

"He was also exposing most of his body and vital organs, a sign that there didn’t seem to be any imminent danger so he must have thought it was going to be a prank.

“As Will Smith sat down, the first thing we notice is that he does what we call a chin thrust. This is a classic gesture of power and dominance, like animals do when defending their young. We can also see flared nostrils, prolonged eye contact, which are signs of genuine anger. We also see him flash a micro-expression of disgust, in this instance his nostrils tail in as if he has sensed a bad smell."

Stanton concluded: “There’s been a number of theories online that this confrontation was staged, however, gauging from the degree of anger that Will Smith was displaying, this was 100 percent genuine. You cannot fake that level of emotion.
If this truly was staged... give them all oscars because that was one hell of a performance (and subsequent cover up).

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:35 PM   #100
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...-fake-20220328

In response to people discussing Chris folding his hands behind his back and sticking his face out:

If this truly was staged... give them all oscars because that was one hell of a performance (and subsequent cover up).
Hey, they got my vote for sure.

Good article but these guys are pros, like I said, he was very convincing and indeed later on did win an Oscar. Hell, Bill Clinton consulted these guys before he was questioned about the whole Lewinsky scandal. They know exactly how to sell something.

Anyway, just a bizarre way to drum up interest and controversy over a dying awards show.

EDIT: can OP add a poll or is it too late? Would wanna see "Gun to head, was this REAL or FAKE?"
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:40 PM   #101
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Be sure to check your international news outlets for what is being hidden by this event as it's the only thing covered.

I don't think their goals are that grandiose, they just wanna regain some interest in their dying show. However, it's not the first time something happens to try to divert attn from another, but this is not it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:40 PM   #102
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
if only chris would have left with "Damn... if you think Will is mad in March you should see him in August"

^ saw that mentioned on an IG post. If that really happened Will would have left on life support lmao.
That along with, "guess we got into a bit of an entanglement".

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 2
Humdizzle6111.00
Torgus3781.50
      03-28-2022, 03:15 PM   #103
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)

As questions swirled about why the actor Will Smith had faced no repercussions for slapping the comedian Chris Rock during Sunday night’s Oscars telecast, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which administers the awards, said Monday that it had condemned his actions and was starting a formal review.

“The academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith at last night’s show,” the organization said in a statement. “We have officially started a formal review around the incident and will explore further action and consequences in accordance with our bylaws, standards of conduct and California law.”
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      03-28-2022, 03:45 PM   #104
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Pookie needed Scotty and Nick to have his back. Left him hanging again🤣 H-U-S-T-L-E-R Hustler
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #105
ZL9M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 ZL9-'20 M2CS-'68 1600

Staged. Watch the video. Will Smith needs to move on from their "open" relationship - that become open when she cheated on him. Let's get back to BMW talk.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2022, 05:22 PM   #106
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
I just said to my friend - "bet everyone's pissed off they didn't think to slap the shit outta Gervis that one year."
Ricky would have hit him back.

Weird thing is the US has a history of "roasting" famous people, the joke wasn't that bad GI Jane isn't an insult..it was all over blown, WS laughed at the joke then suddenly went on stage and slapped CR because his wife that sleeps with other men rolled her eyes? I mean really? I'd have said get one of your boyfriends to sort him out...

The whole thing is very unseemly and WS has done himself no favours.

Last edited by Wills2; 03-28-2022 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 3
Torgus3781.50
KRS_SN13689.50
      03-28-2022, 05:48 PM   #107
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post

Weird thing is the US has a history of "roasting" famous people, the joke wasn't that bad GI Jane isn't an insult..it was all over blown, WS laughed at the joke then suddenly went on stage and slapped CR because his wife that sleeps with other men rolled her eyes? I mean really? I'd have said get one of your boyfriends to sort him out...

Who ever hosts the OSCARS next year HAS to make a joke about this. Wouldn't surprise me if they skip next year or two years to hope people forget about this.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 06:24 PM   #108
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post

Who ever hosts the OSCARS next year HAS to make a joke about this. Wouldn't surprise me if they skip next year or two years to hope people forget about this.
That's not how this works. There will be an Oscar's next year. There will be a presenter. They will make a reference to the slap.

Will Smith will face consequences. From the Academy.

How this is still front page news everywhere is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #109
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Now what ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 06:53 PM   #110
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
That's not how this works. There will be an Oscar's next year. There will be a presenter. They will make a reference to the slap.

Will Smith will face consequences. From the Academy.

How this is still front page news everywhere is beyond me.
My point is will they reference the slap if JPS and WS are not there?
Appreciate 0