BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
PrinceSmooth
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
hit a curb... issues... help!

Alright so as I was driving down Wilshire Blvd and turning right onto Robertson going 25 mph give or take a few... to my surprise there was a curb there I wasn't paying attention to and I basically nailed it head on the rear right wheel, applied directly where it hurts...

My alignment was immediately thrown off as I could tell just by looking at the steering wheel and the direction it was taking me. I had a chance to get a realignment today but I'm still running into some issues which gets me wondering if my wheel is bent, turning arm may be damaged... etc. The guy at the alignment shop said he didn't "see" anything but I don't know what went wrong. Maybe he did a half ass job on the alignment or didn't really inspect the car too well. Anyway the problem I'm having now is while pulling hard and shifting gears, I'm getting an agitated wheel spin that ends up jerking the rear of the car. This used to be a smooth transition from gear to gear.

What's going on!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

Not sure I understand the problem but the differential could be an issue if you banged up the rear. Differential issues might cause excessive wheelspin where none was before.

Take it to the stealer. They'll be able to check the whole car for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

U may just be pushing the pedal a bit harder which is causing more wheel spin..... Colder temps would also be a reason of why there is more wheel spin. Did u inspect the alignment? Where u there while he was doing it?

I doubt there would be an issue with the differential unless it hit the curb as well which i highly doubt
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Chances are you bent a rim, too
      12-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
PrinceSmooth
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
U may just be pushing the pedal a bit harder which is causing more wheel spin..... Colder temps would also be a reason of why there is more wheel spin. Did u inspect the alignment? Where u there while he was doing it?

I doubt there would be an issue with the differential unless it hit the curb as well which i highly doubt
yeah I was there when he was doing it. It could very well be the temperature. I'll try and taking it out again for another spin with them heated and see what happens.
Appreciate 0