BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #45
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

looks completely different. I have worked on a MW car that had repainted bumper but it was nothing like this. Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #46
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

The owner of the shop should be ashamed to even give your car back like that, the color is way off, I wouldn't even take the car back or drive it like that. Keep us updated on the outcome.
      01-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #47
And1M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk

Sorry to hear this OP and that is one bad paint job. Keep us posted on how your insurance handle this. I give you props for not losing your cool and punching the guy in the face. Good luck and I hope you get everything clear out.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #48
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan
The owner of the shop should be ashamed to even give your car back like that, the color is way off, I wouldn't even take the car back or drive it like that. Keep us updated on the outcome.
They didn't even care and told me to talk to my insurance. I'll keep you guys updated
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #49
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

my god that is horrendous.

Sorry for the nightmare, hopefully it gets sorted. What a joke of a body shop to think that is acceptable.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #50
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137
my god that is horrendous.

Sorry for the nightmare, hopefully it gets sorted. What a joke of a body shop to think that is acceptable.
I know
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #51
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
That's body shop should be open. How do you let a customers car out like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #52
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
That is just afoul I cannot understand how your BMW dealer can recommend a shop like this.
It is definitely a mismatch in colour codes, if they do work like this then your BMW dealer should not recommend them in the first place.

Here in Canada we have certified body shops by BMW it simply means that some of the technicians are trained and certified by BMW to work on BMW's. Also the insurance company here make sure that work is done at a certified shop and the work is then guaranteed for as long as you drive the car. I don't know what the situation is in the USA. Small town dealerships may not have that option, I don't know. If I would live in a small US town and there was a BMW dealership I would inquire if they also do there body work at that body shop (if not I would take my car to the nearest larger city). Every BMW needs to do work one time or another on new cars, they do get bumped and scratched before delivery ... they just don't tell us about that.

Anyway, good luck in getting it fixed properly.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #53
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Are those guys snow blind? They've got their whites mixed up. Shame on them for giving you grief. I feel for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #54
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MBB/SO X5M Comp

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [7.66]
It looks like an AW / MW difference.
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
2008 E92 ///M3 IB/BLK
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #55
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update.

I talked to my insurance today and they took a look at the car again and took pictures. They said they would talk to the bodyshop and that I should go tell BMW what happened too. So I left and told BMW and showed them and they also called the bodyshop and told them what happened and how bad it was. The GM at the bodyshop called me and told me that they can't "blend" it because it will be too much but they can try to repaint it. I told him id call him when I know what I want to do. Should I tell him that I want a different bodyshop?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #56
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyM3 View Post
Update.

I talked to my insurance today and they took a look at the car again and took pictures. They said they would talk to the bodyshop and that I should go tell BMW what happened too. So I left and told BMW and showed them and they also called the bodyshop and told them what happened and how bad it was. The GM at the bodyshop called me and told me that they can't "blend" it because it will be too much but they can try to repaint it. I told him id call him when I know what I want to do. Should I tell him that I want a different bodyshop?
for sure. i would not go back to them.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #57
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

I would definitely go to another body shop.

Metallic colors, especially whites, are extremely hard to match. Combine that with the required flex additive for a bumper and it's definitely not easy.

DO NOT go back to the same shop. If worse comes to worse right now, you can get the bumper resprayed somewhere else... and if that gets goofed up, they can get a new bumper for you. If the shop blends it and it still looks bad (which given their attention to detail is rather likely) then you have bad paint all over your hood and fenders. Combine that with the obviously cold temperatures and high relative humidity -> good paint work is hard.

Find out if your insurance has a guarantee for shops they recommend. State Farm, AAA, Geico, etc, all have guarantees that if the paint isn't good, they'll fix it. Call the high end dealerships in town and find out who they use, and hope there is a consensus.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #58
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-tect mobile View Post
Not only is the collor not close but the applied the clear bra on fresh paint. That is a no no. The paint must cure fully before aplying the film... the rule of thumb is 30 days. I would not have installed the film because I know if it has to be removed chances are it will lift the paint with it. The body shop should know that as well as the clear bra installer.
^This!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #59
And1M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk

Request for your money back and go to another shop. If they mess it up once, they might mess it up again. One time is enough to not trust them on their work.
What to say that they won't get angry and do some more damage to your car. Good luck OP.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #60
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
Wow, this is just awful.... I agree with everyone else, don't take it back there--write them a bad review on the interwebs, get your money back, and go to a more reputable shop.

2022 X3 M Comp | (SOLD)

2016 M3 | AWE Switchpath Diamond Black 102mm (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #61
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko
Wow, this is just awful.... I agree with everyone else, don't take it back there--write them a bad review on the interwebs, get your money back, and go to a more reputable shop.
Yeah hopefully insurance will cover it
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #62
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3
Request for your money back and go to another shop. If they mess it up once, they might mess it up again. One time is enough to not trust them on their work.
What to say that they won't get angry and do some more damage to your car. Good luck OP.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #63
Dbcgolf1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP DCT, Dinan

SO, I had a similar situation happen to my Crystal white pearl Mazda SUV 2 years ago. This ISSUE here, is not the paint code or the prep work. The body shop "might" have done everything acording to spec. This issue here, is the actual MATCHING of the new paint to the color on your car. This is where the voodoo science and skills comes in. The bodyshop need to take the TIME and have the SKILLS to actually take the original paint code and color match it to the paint on your car. Most shops just take a easy way out and paint to the original color.

My 0.02
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #64
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbcgolf1
SO, I had a similar situation happen to my Crystal white pearl Mazda SUV 2 years ago. This ISSUE here, is not the paint code or the prep work. The body shop "might" have done everything acording to spec. This issue here, is the actual MATCHING of the new paint to the color on your car. This is where the voodoo science and skills comes in. The bodyshop need to take the TIME and have the SKILLS to actually take the original paint code and color match it to the paint on your car. Most shops just take a easy way out and paint to the original color.

My 0.02
Yeah that was probably the case. They just didn't give a crap and if they don't pay for my other body shop I might have to get a lawyer involved
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #65
E92M3CN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

you should wait 2 weeks before you apply the clear bra after a fresh paint. mineral white is a really hard to match especially from complains that it turns yellow. i suggest you to leave your car in the sunlight for 2 weeks when the paint settled in with the car then apply the clear bra.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #66
CD2534
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Jesus OP, sorry you have to go through this. With how obvious it is how off it is i have faith the insurance company will help you get it right, or that there will be some sort of compensation from the previous body shop. This is way too far off for anyone to ignore and say they did their best.
Appreciate 0