BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-18-2016, 12:05 PM   #23
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman View Post
That was going to be a royal PITA and expensive. I decided I didn't want to put that much into a used x-pipe when it might decrease the amount of people interested when selling it down the line and definitely increase losses when selling it. Going with this combo was supposed to be easy.
Was this new when you bought it? I would request a new one if so..
Gintani Supercharger/ Gintani x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #24
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yeah that is definitely a manufacturing mistake. The end of the ESS xpipe should look like the oem xpipe. I hope they send you a new one. Holding off on ordering mine until this issue is rectified
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #25
8600RPM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

evolve makes a MUCH nicer xpipe that is manufactured by supersprint which is the supreme exhaust manufacturer in the world. It makes an amazing sound and in my view, especially if you want a high flow cat version is much much better than ESS or any company that puts the cats in the primary position. That is the worst position for putting any kind of cats from a power standpoint. Evolve fit perfectly
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 03:42 AM   #26
jagman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lve2xlr8 View Post
Yeah that is definitely a manufacturing mistake. The end of the ESS xpipe should look like the oem xpipe. I hope they send you a new one. Holding off on ordering mine until this issue is rectified
They are swapping it out. The replacement is on backorder. Just waiting for an update. They've been very responsive.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 03:44 AM   #27
jagman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8600RPM View Post
evolve makes a MUCH nicer xpipe that is manufactured by supersprint which is the supreme exhaust manufacturer in the world. It makes an amazing sound and in my view, especially if you want a high flow cat version is much much better than ESS or any company that puts the cats in the primary position. That is the worst position for putting any kind of cats from a power standpoint. Evolve fit perfectly
I've read wonderful things about the Evolve x-pipe. I was going for one with cats in the primary position and the x-merge pushed forward. Having a wide range of options is nice 🖒.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 05:45 AM   #28
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8600RPM View Post
As it changes the position of the primary cats, how exactly does it pass emissions?

Not everyone wants a O2 readiness faking tune which is what you'll need if you move the primary cats
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 12:29 AM   #29
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman View Post
They are swapping it out. The replacement is on backorder. Just waiting for an update. They've been very responsive.
Think they'd just sell it to me at a discount? That should be easy for an exhaust shop to correct in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #30
jagman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I don't know but it's with asking. Hannah is the person who's helped me. Their manufacturer is shipping me a new one directly from the factory. They are also sending me a prepaid shipping label to send back the old one.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 02:26 AM   #31
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

OP, sorry to hear that you had to go through so much difficulty...I saw the YouTube that matched the Corsa and ESS X-pipe and loved the sound...
I was thinking of ordering an ESS X-pipe with HFC too...I wonder if there are a few of us if EAS would do a group buy? It couldn't hurt to ask...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 10:44 PM   #32
jagman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I already purchased mine directly through ESS. They've done a good job of staying in touch. I've heard from them at least 3 business days a week since it happened and they've been responsive. These things happen. It's not like this is a new product that they poorly designed. It's an established design and their manufacturer somehow screwed up the fabrication process after it was set in motion. I just hope ESS didn't get a batch of bad ones.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 03:25 AM   #33
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing
OP, sorry to hear that you had to go through so much difficulty...I saw the YouTube that matched the Corsa and ESS X-pipe and loved the sound...
I was thinking of ordering an ESS X-pipe with HFC too...I wonder if there are a few of us if EAS would do a group buy? It couldn't hurt to ask...
Count me in
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #34
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lve2xlr8
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing
Count me in
Cool...anyone else?
Anyone have any connections at EAS or ESS? Sometimes it's not what you know but who you know...
OP, sorry for the thread jack...glad you're getting the right part
Appreciate 0