BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Looking for feedback from Bastuck exhaust owners

Looks like I'll be moving on from my Corsa setup. It did a masterful job of avoiding any low RPM drone/bass in the cabin (which I had in spades from the Akra), but is a bit louder outside the car at higher RPMs than I'd like. I really love the tone and looks (as modified), but generally like to a keep a lower profile.

My goal is to find a very mild exhaust that I can pair with test pipes or an x-pipe without low RPM bass in cabin or too much exterior noise. Ideally, it would also keep rasp in check, but I'm okay with a little rasp (it is a high-revving, low displacement V8, after all). Basically: similar to the stock exhaust, but with a little more growl, a little less weight, a little better aesthetics, and a little less rasp.

My search has led me to the Bastuck, which I am strongly considering. Unfortunately, it is hard to find much information about it because it is so rare. I've spoken with a few members who had encouraging things to say about it, but I dread the idea of having to buy, install, and sell another exhaust system. I would love to hear some feedback from anyone who had the exhaust, ideally from those of you who paired it with an x-pipe or test pipes.
Appreciate 0