BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-20-2023, 08:33 AM   #1
robbieboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92

Replacement Radio Head Unit after dead battery?

Hey guys,

I have a 2007 325i E92 (only done 100,000 km), which was parked in the garage for a couple of years whilst I was overseas.

When I finally returned, it wouldn’t start and wouldn’t charge.

To cut a long story short, after trying a number of things, I ended up getting a new battery and had the repair shop do the electrical repairs, reprogramming and coding.

They got the car going, but the radio head unit is still dead. I would have expected that this would have all come back on after the work they did, but they are saying that it needs to be replaced.

The unit was working perfectly when I parked the car in the garage 2 years ago. I just don’t understand how it can just die like that.

Do you think it really could be dead and needs a replacement? (If so, it’s going to cost a fair bit of money) or could there possibly be something else going on? Could a dead battery trigger this to die/malfunction? Or is it just a coincidence?

Thank you
Appreciate 0