BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-11-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

DEMONS AA review

FIRST, I have to thank Omar for his help, excellent custom support and service!

I ordered the system a few months back right when they ran out of the axleback but I was OK with that since I was waiting for the full package. This is what I ordered:

exhaust
x-pipe
ECU update
pulley

Everything arrived in 3 boxes very well packed...he could have shipped a baby and it would have arrived with no bumps or bruises!

Once unpacked I could not stop staring at the system...it is a piece of art...nice curved silver tubes, nice welds, just a clean system.

Shane (my buddy) and I went to Ft. Meade auto center this past Friday and proceeded to put her up in the air and take a look at the stocks system. We both agreed that BMW's were easy to work on but could be a PIA at times...we took one look and could not believe our eyes! IF you want to do this yourself and you are nervous...DON'T BE...it was the easiest exchange I have ever done and we did it in 2 hours and that was TAKING our time because we were enjoying it so much...we even chatted with other people while we were doing it and or taking a break (which we didn't need to do) The system went in beautifully and easily! The only issue we had was a missing bracket in the rear that ties the two seperate mufflers together. We checked our boxes/wrapping several times and did not find it. I emailed Omar and within a few hours got an answer back! I checked everything again and Omar is sending me a new bracket today...this is what I am talking about!!! Customer support at its best! Once we put everything back together we did a double QA on our work (this comes from me working on aircraft for 12 years in my earlier years!) and then the time came to start her up. Customary to exhaust R2 my buddy made me stand behind the car for cold start...

HOLY SH1T!!!

AMAZING!

A nice deep burbling note that caused everyone to stop working and snap there heads to see what the f*ck just started up...talk about a HUGE grin!!! Once she warmed up the sound settled down and was a nice even deep tone. Of course another QA was needed to make sure that we had no rattles, etc. I took her out for a short spin and found that we must have leaned into the system while installing it because the metal shield was rubbing against the axle making a sound...pulled that and after two tried got it right and off we went. I gunned it in first gear and Shane said that the note "echoed" off of the garage and again, everyone stopped working and came over to the car to check the system out before we left...even the old guys came over and were really impressed with the quality and sound that the car gave off.

I drove over to Shanes to drop him off and later head out to dinner with the chicas.

I drove the car several times and gave it the fiancee test which passed...she was fine with the sound and even giggled a little bit when I was downtown and gunned it at Church circle this past Saturday...the note at WOT is amazing....and very F1ish..the note is great and the sound is even more intoxicating now...everyone stops to look...crazy...I even saw people go from the inside of the sidewalk to the road just to see what was making the sound.

Over all...

great quality
great sound
great fitment
ease of install was amazing
customer support - A+
dyno butt - excellent - you can feel a difference but I am waiting for a few hundred miles more for the car to settle in/DME etc...it feels really good.

I highly recommend this system if you want a system that isn't too crazy loud but loud enought to make a difference. If you want more power, etc, etc....

The car is at BMW for a recall on the DME - the 18's sold over the weekend and the new wheels are being taken care of today and should be shipped. (THANKS MANU!) I'll be speaking to Stan of Toyo tires and get those ordered today and then Wednesday the DME should be pulled and by Thursday on its way to AA (Thanks again OMAR!) I am hoping that next week that all parts will be in, matched up, and installed. I plan next Friday to install the pulley and the bracket and be done with Phase I!!!! Julius - I'll be calling you later today!!!!!

Thanks for reading!

Michael

I will try to get installed pics before I go to BWW today along with a quick sound clip.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON View Post
FIRST, I have to thank Omar for his help, excellent custom support and service!

I ordered the system a few months back right when they ran out of the axleback but I was OK with that since I was waiting for the full package. This is what I ordered:

exhaust
x-pipe
ECU update
pulley

Everything arrived in 3 boxes very well packed...he could have shipped a baby and it would have arrived with no bumps or bruises!

Once unpacked I could not stop staring at the system...it is a piece of art...nice curved silver tubes, nice welds, just a clean system.

Shane (my buddy) and I went to Ft. Meade auto center this past Friday and proceeded to put her up in the air and take a look at the stocks system. We both agreed that BMW's were easy to work on but could be a PIA at times...we took one look and could not believe our eyes! IF you want to do this yourself and you are nervous...DON'T BE...it was the easiest exchange I have ever done and we did it in 2 hours and that was TAKING our time because we were enjoying it so much...we even chatted with other people while we were doing it and or taking a break (which we didn't need to do) The system went in beautifully and easily! The only issue we had was a missing bracket in the rear that ties the two seperate mufflers together. We checked our boxes/wrapping several times and did not find it. I emailed Omar and within a few hours got an answer back! I checked everything again and Omar is sending me a new bracket today...this is what I am talking about!!! Customer support at its best! Once we put everything back together we did a double QA on our work (this comes from me working on aircraft for 12 years in my earlier years!) and then the time came to start her up. Customary to exhaust R2 my buddy made me stand behind the car for cold start...

HOLY SH1T!!!

AMAZING!

A nice deep burbling note that caused everyone to stop working and snap there heads to see what the f*ck just started up...talk about a HUGE grin!!! Once she warmed up the sound settled down and was a nice even deep tone. Of course another QA was needed to make sure that we had no rattles, etc. I took her out for a short spin and found that we must have leaned into the system while installing it because the metal shield was rubbing against the axle making a sound...pulled that and after two tried got it right and off we went. I gunned it in first gear and Shane said that the note "echoed" off of the garage and again, everyone stopped working and came over to the car to check the system out before we left...even the old guys came over and were really impressed with the quality and sound that the car gave off.

I drove over to Shanes to drop him off and later head out to dinner with the chicas.

I drove the car several times and gave it the fiancee test which passed...she was fine with the sound and even giggled a little bit when I was downtown and gunned it at Church circle this past Saturday...the note at WOT is amazing....and very F1ish..the note is great and the sound is even more intoxicating now...everyone stops to look...crazy...I even saw people go from the inside of the sidewalk to the road just to see what was making the sound.

Over all...

great quality
great sound
great fitment
ease of install was amazing
customer support - A+
dyno butt - excellent - you can feel a difference but I am waiting for a few hundred miles more for the car to settle in/DME etc...it feels really good.

I highly recommend this system if you want a system that isn't too crazy loud but loud enought to make a difference. If you want more power, etc, etc....

The car is at BMW for a recall on the DME - the 18's sold over the weekend and the new wheels are being taken care of today and should be shipped. (THANKS MANU!) I'll be speaking to Stan of Toyo tires and get those ordered today and then Wednesday the DME should be pulled and by Thursday on its way to AA (Thanks again OMAR!) I am hoping that next week that all parts will be in, matched up, and installed. I plan next Friday to install the pulley and the bracket and be done with Phase I!!!! Julius - I'll be calling you later today!!!!!

Thanks for reading!

Michael

I will try to get installed pics before I go to BWW today along with a quick sound clip.

Nice writeup.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
HPoint
Private
Rep
Drives: ...

Thanks for the info. Good detail info. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the mods.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
Nice writeup.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPoint View Post
Thanks for the info. Good detail info. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the mods.
thanks and thanks!

I also have been asked about the dreaded "drone" a few times today...

As far as I am concerned there is really no drone...not like I knew I had on the E46 M3. There is some low decibal feeback at lower RPM's that are more noticeable since replacing the exhaust but that is normal as you get the same with the OEM exhaust...I guess you could call it more pronounced but then again so is the exhaust note, etc...this is all normal and something to be expected.

Anyhoo, I can't wait to see the faces of the BMW techs when I take the car over today! My service advisor is looking forward to hearing it!

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

VIDEO!

I had already semi-warmed the car up and this is taken with a point and shoot so it is not a bad representation of the sound. I revved it first to 2K, then 3K, 4K, 5K 6K 7K and finally over almost to 8K

enjoy.

M

Last edited by BMWDEMON; 05-12-2009 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
IRMthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

is the adjustable tips feature easy to adjust how far in or out the tips sit?
      05-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRMthree View Post
is the adjustable tips feature easy to adjust how far in or out the tips sit?
verrrrrrrry easy! They slide on and off via a small clamp and hex. You can adjust it out pretty far and as my tips sit now they are nearly down to the neck (where you can't adjust it further) but my friend shane adjusted them out a little. I like it so far but know when I get my diffuser one of the days I'll adjust them again.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #8
IRMthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

^ so can you line them up flush along with the rear bumper with no aftermarket diffusor?
      05-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Yes you certainly can.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #10
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON View Post
I had already semi-warmed the car up and this is taken with a point and shoot so it is not a bad representation of the sound. I revved it first to 2K, then 3K, 4K, 5K 6K 7K and finally over almost to 8K

enjoy.

M

Sounds great!
      05-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
naveenb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing yet...

every review i have read about the aa exhaust has been positive. for me it comes down to the aa or the rpi system.

WANTED:
Audi S4<Audi S5<BMW M3 sedan<Audi RS5
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 05:53 AM   #12
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRMthree View Post
^ so can you line them up flush along with the rear bumper with no aftermarket diffusor?
Yes, and it looks very nice...I can't wait to get a diffuser though...I think it will make it look more complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Yes you certainly can.
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
Sounds great!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenb View Post
every review i have read about the aa exhaust has been positive. for me it comes down to the aa or the rpi system.
I was highly considering RPI at first and still love it...Omar/AA was very good to me and the customer service was/is top notch!

OK, so I had a braket missing and Omar quickly dispatched another one that showed up on Saturday and earlier in the week I had sent my ECU to AA for the flash update. I paid to get it back overnight and viola, Friday morning it arrived! I had breakfast and quickly installed it and then took it out for a spin with my friend who had come down to visit.

I noticed right away as soon as I started the car up that it was quieter and the rough idle/grunty/rumble was missing!! I actually miss that a little but whatever! I let her warm up real good and then we went out for a spin. Car is quieter in all RPM's over all...any kind of slight drone...gone. The power and torque from what my butt dyno picked up was more linear and presentable...there was more pull, you could say. I like it very much! She still sings quite nice in the upper RPM ranges but the growl and exhaust note is more refined now but still draws attention! I have the pulley to install next which should be this coming Friday along with the springs.

over all... AA gets a

Thanks Omar! If anyone has questions about install, etc shoot me a PM or post up here. I'll have more clips later on when I can get the time to do it.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #13
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Thumbs up That was the best exhaust vid example ever.

Most sound clips and exhaust video clips people act like they are affraid to step on the gas or something. Well your video was flawless and perfect way to go for stepping on the gas giving the best review of the exhaust. Hell that video was so good it made me want to go out and buy one just kidding Thanks for the video Demon

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

That's the X-pipe with the cat-delete, right?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #15
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Most sound clips and exhaust video clips people act like they are affraid to step on the gas or something. Well your video was flawless and perfect way to go for stepping on the gas giving the best review of the exhaust. Hell that video was so good it made me want to go out and buy one just kidding Thanks for the video Demon
Thanks man! I appreciate that. I will have more vids later on when I get the pulley installed and lower the car. I want to do pull-offs, drive by's and another video like above since I have had it flashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
That's the X-pipe with the cat-delete, right?
yup
Appreciate 0