BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #23
NoMoreAudi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86

Garage List
2019 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
What if the guy that kicks your car is armed? Yea, go ahead & try t play tough guy then.

I carry. I cannot go around trying to assault people over everything. EVen if my car was kicked. Not that I would without being armed anyway, but what happens if my gun comes out of the holster & the other guy grabs it or my shirt simply comes up exposing it? Then it might come down to me actually having to draw. Easy to avoid anything like that by simply calling the cops. That's what they are there for. The car can be fixed. It's not worth the potential terrible things that could happen.
Have you carried in California? California isn't like the rest of the country, especially that close to San Francisco and other liberal areas. Rarely do private citizens get CCW approved, even if they have a high-risk business such as a jewelry store. Most people in California carrying a gun are off-duty LEO and they wouldn't be dumb enough to go kick someone's car.

What would calling the cops do? Nothing...
Appreciate 2
Viffermike1753.00
eluded2959.00
      07-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #24
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

The fact that a parent with his child in hand felt empowered enough to do this without consequences is really troubling.
Must be a Bay area thing that I don't comprehend?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #25
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Never mess with another man's automobile
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #26
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
The fact that a parent with his child in hand felt empowered enough to do this without consequences is really troubling.
Hey man you should go to Oakland and call them all Bay Area Pussies. I'm sure you'll do great.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #27
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

The guy was provoking the driver prior to the incident. Following him down the street, calling him names and insulting him. The driver even told the guy to "don't be stupid" in front of his daughter.

It was only when the guy decided to kick his car that the driver got out to confront him.

The guy got what he deserved for being an asshole. I wish the driver had given him more of a beating. As for the random guy who jumped in... wtf
      07-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #28
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
The real problem is that housing prices need to rise. San Mateo is among the most expensive places to live in the SF Bay Area, yet you still have white trash walking around in a wife-beater or people who speak like the guy recording the video. It's a great place to live, but it will be even better when they eventually get flushed out.
Anger issues and poor judgment is not exactly a trait that's exclusive to lower income individuals, so I don't think raising home prices is a solution. If anything, there are probably more privileged and entitled individuals in the higher income bracket. Simply being able to afford a house north of $2 million doesn't necessarily mean that person is better as a human being. Judging by the white person in the black tanktop's attire and his inability to hold his own in a street fight, I wouldn't be surprised if that man was making six-figures annually.

San Francisco, Daly City, San Mateo, Redwood City, Palo Alto, and even San Rafael all have lower income neighborhoods. The people working at Starbucks, retail stores, hotels, and most other blue collar jobs live in these neighborhoods -- they are an integral part of what makes the Bay Area one of the best places to live in the entire world.

If you grew up near San Francisco and Oakland (e.g. South City, Daly City, Berkeley, Alameda, Hayward), saying "ni-gga" is just another way of saying homie or friend, which is not to be mistaken with the one that ends with an "er". I believe this is how things go in certain parts of New York (Queens & Brooklyn), Miami, LA, Long Beach, and other parts of the country, as well.

This is obviously not the case in the middle Peninsula like Millbrae, Burlingame, Palo Alto, but you can bet non-white high school students at Lowell (SF) with a 4.0 GPA or higher are freely using the word "ni-gga" within their group of friends. Whether or not it's appropriate language is a different conversation, but my point is, there is no ill-intent when someone of color uses the friendlier N word,, especially if they grew up in certain parts of the Bay Area.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #29
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

I just think it's amazing that a video that was repurposed and spun across the Interwebz to reinforce negative stereotypes has, in fact, been repurposed and spun across this thread to reinforce negative stereotypes.

Some of you guys really need a more broad world view ... just, wow.

Bottom line: Dude with kid vandalized a car. Dude with kid didn't get away with it this time like he likely has before. Kid has now learned firsthand what kind of a hurtin' vandalism can bring. My hope is the kid now realizes that there can be consequences to a lack of respect for others -- not just their property.
Appreciate 2
      07-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #30
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Hey man you should go to Oakland and call them all Bay Area Pussies. I'm sure you'll do great.
No, definitely not a Bay Area thing. That part of San Mateo is known more for its laid back environment, so this was definitely an isolated incident as far as I can tell.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #31
Rokoz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f80 M3

The dude in the black tank top deserved to catch those hands. If he doesn't want anything to happen to his child or him in front of his child, he shouldn't act like a damn fool and endanger the both of them.

As for the driver, probably not the best reaction, but, I'm pretty sure that is how a large majority of people would react to someone disrespecting/trying to damage the things they care about. I don't blame him here.

The dude who swooped in and jumped on the driver is a coward.
TXSTYLE13653.00
      07-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #32
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Not in the Bay Area they aren't. The police don't respond to "low priority" calls (like burglary/vandalism/ect).
You must not be familiar with San Mateo or the surrounding areas. It's not downtown SF or Oakland. Police on the Peninsula respond to calls of cats stranded in a tree.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #33
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
I know you weren’t quoting me, but I lived in the Bay Area for years, so I know Oakland has lots of thugs. I wasn’t calling all Bay Area men pussies, but there sure are a lot of them there. But feminized men are becoming increasingly common everywhere, unfortunately.
      07-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #34
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
No, definitely not a Bay Area thing. That part of San Mateo is known more for its laid back environment, so this was definitely an isolated incident as far as I can tell.
Don't believe that San Mateo's "laid back environment" doesn't mean there's a lot hating going on. My friend got his M3 keyed in a parking lot in downtown San Mateo. He didn't provoke anyone, nor was his car loud - someone just didn't like a modded car parked in a parking lot. Even though there were many more expensive cars parked nearby.

The bay area in general is very anti car enthusiast. There's a lot of high income individuals and a lot of them do not like cars.

Also, a exotic car is a sign of conspicuous consumption and the SF bay area is very anti conspicuous consumption. It creates a weird dichotomy where having a $120k Tesla is eco friendly and saving the environment but a $120k R8 is a menace to society.

Last edited by Z K; 07-11-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      07-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #35
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Don't believe that San Mateo's "laid back environment" doesn't mean there's a lot hating going on. My friend got his M3 keyed in a parking lot in downtown San Mateo. He didn't provoke anyone, nor was his car loud - someone just didn't like a modded car parked in a parking lot. Even though there were many more expensive cars parked nearby.

The bay area in general is very anti car enthusiast. There's a lot of high income individuals and a lot of them do not like cars.

Also, a exotic car is a sign of conspicuous consumption and the SF bay area is very anti conspicuous consumption. It creates a weird dichotomy having a $120k Tesla is eco friendly and saving the environment but a $120k R8 is a menace to society.
Yeah, as pretty as it is, I grew to loathe Bay Area culture. I’m glad to be out. Unfortunately LA isn’t much better, but I’m looking to get out of LA as soon as I can break free of my golden handcuffs.

The irony is that there is nothing “green” about a Tesla, or any other EV. Unless you drive the crap out of it for 80 years (which none of the self-righteous, arugula-chewing, anti-capitalist Bay Area millionaires do) you have done the environment no favors. But hey, you get to look down your nose at all the M3-driving enviro-criminals, so there’s that....
      07-11-2018, 04:08 PM   #36
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
I typically don't respond to trolling posts, but...

Where did I call anyone a pussy?

I believe the area being discussed here is San Fran not Oakland.
      07-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #37
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
Yeah, as pretty as it is, I grew to loathe Bay Area culture. I’m glad to be out. Unfortunately LA isn’t much better, but I’m looking to get out of LA as soon as I can break free of my golden handcuffs.

The irony is that there is nothing “green” about a Tesla, or any other EV. Unless you drive the crap out of it for 80 years (which none of the self-righteous, arugula-chewing, anti-capitalist Bay Area millionaires do) you have done the environment no favors. But hey, you get to look down your nose at all the M3-driving enviro-criminals, so there’s that....
I find LA very different. Besides a few small areas, everyone is rather materialistic. People want fancy clothes, cars and everyone wants to look pretty.

In SF, a lot of girls go out without make up and wear mismatched clothing - it looks like they just woke up and walked out the door. I rarely see a girl in LA without make up and fully dressed up.

Like you said, if someone really wants to save the environment in a non-show off way, get a inexpensive fuel efficient car like a Corolla and drive it until the doors fall off.

Last edited by Z K; 07-11-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #38
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Never, NEVER get out of your car for something like this.

Take it from a real badass and not some wannabe:

Appreciate 1
      07-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #39
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Quote:
I typically don't respond to trolling posts, but...

Where did I call anyone a pussy?

I believe the area being discussed here is San Fran not Oakland.
Sorry quoted the wrong guy.

"Bay Area" includes Oakland.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #40
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Was the R8 damaged?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #41
dim635csi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
You must not be familiar with San Mateo or the surrounding areas. It's not downtown SF or Oakland. Police on the Peninsula respond to calls of cats stranded in a tree.
Domesticated cats only!

Few weeks ago I found a large gopher snake in my yard, and animal control sent me to humane society , where they told me only domesticated snakes can be handled. Fortunately, she stuck in my grill shelf, and was successfully released to the wild. She got a ride in my '85 E24 635CSi trunk.
Attached Images

"If you want a car for track use, if want to go every other weekend fight-to-fight stopwatch to your local track: go for PDK, definitely. If you use the car, maybe not on track but as a daily commuter going through traffic: take the PDK. But you want a driver's car, a fun car: take the manual. [...]"
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #42
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreAudi View Post
Have you carried in California? California isn't like the rest of the country, especially that close to San Francisco and other liberal areas. Rarely do private citizens get CCW approved, even if they have a high-risk business such as a jewelry store. Most people in California carrying a gun are off-duty LEO and they wouldn't be dumb enough to go kick someone's car.

What would calling the cops do? Nothing...
THat's part of my point, CA nazi state doesn't let you carry so let's go kick cars. Carrying or not, stupid is stupid.

So calling cops would do nothing? Then fire that police force or move. Regardless, fist fight or shoot out is not the way to go either.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 05:44 PM   #43
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Not in the Bay Area they aren't. The police don't respond to "low priority" calls (like burglary/vandalism/ect).
So fist fights is the way to go? Come on. We have all gotten angry at times, rightfully so, but 99% of the time that is not the way to solve things.

Maybe I'm just an adult as the last time I got into a fight was HS. I'm almost 40 now...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #44
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

So much stupidity in one video. I’m glad that Asian guy retaliated. Looks like his weekly boxing/mma classes paid off.
Appreciate 1