BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

06-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #67
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

yes they can send you a tune that gets rid of CELs - you just need to tell them that you have a HFC and you need CEL disabled.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #68
Taz@Evolve. P
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Quick enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by knext21 View Post
??
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
yes they can send you a tune that gets rid of CELs - you just need to tell them that you have a HFC and you need CEL disabled.
Exactly. You let us know when you send us your file what mods you have on, along with what options you would like (throttle mapping, top speed limiter removal, raise rev limit, remove CEL from HFC/cat delete).
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #69
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Okay! ECU Data sent off to you guys!!! Waiting for the tuned file! WOOT!!
Did you get the sofware installed? If so, please let us know how it turns out.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #70
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Hi Guys,

We now have stock in!

For those worried about tuner protection... don't be! You will require a battery conditioner, anything over 12.5v (as its a long read and write), but that will be it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #71
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
I have the Battery Tender Plus and it worked perfectly yesterday when I was doing the ECU read - it did take about 1.5 hours!! with the ignition on engine off) all through - definitely needed a battery tender!
As far as I know, all the battery tender products are trickle chargers and aren't able to deliver very much current. How much current does the battery tender plus deliver?

I believe you probably need a "real" battery charger that delivers at least 10 amps. They're not very expensive and are widely available.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #72
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo8765 View Post
As far as I know, all the battery tender products are trickle chargers and aren't able to deliver very much current. How much current does the battery tender plus deliver?

I believe you probably need a "real" battery charger that delivers at least 10 amps. They're not very expensive and are widely available.
if you'd clicked on the link, you'd see in the title, 1.25A.

You don't need 10amps. You'd only need that if you were putting a significant load on the battery or if you wanted to quickly charge it up. We're working with an assumably topped off battery that must stay topped off while we're writing to the ECU, so a trickle charger is all that is needed.

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #73
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Okay Folks - I just completed my Stage 1 Evolve-R ECU Tune on my stock E92 with nothing else but an underdrive pulley -- stock exhaust.

The tune itself - Ju st got back from a 60 mile spin and I absolutely love the tune! !! Idle is smoother, throttle is smoother and around 4000rpm the M3 just pulls much harder than it ever did before. I definitely felt a huge difference! I have a really stupid sloppy grin on my face right now!! Absolutely fantastic and highly recommended - it'll wake your M3 up.

the hardware - Very well constructed cable and easy to use software. I had a few glitches while installing drivers but Paul helped me through the install - he was always available.

The tuning process and Support from Evolve - Thank you Salman and Paul from Evolve - both of you were super supportive, extremely responsive to all my emails - it felt like you guys were right there everytime I had a question. Loading the tune itself was super easy - there were two files to load and both loaded in about 20 minutes total.

I'll edit this review later to add more details and some pictures...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #74
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Okay Folks - I just completed my Stage 1 Evolve-R ECU Tune on my stock E92 with nothing else but an underdrive pulley -- stock exhaust.

The tune itself - Ju st got back from a 60 mile spin and I absolutely love the tune! !! Idle is smoother, throttle is smoother and around 4000rpm the M3 just pulls much harder than it ever did before. I definitely felt a huge difference! I have a really stupid sloppy grin on my face right now!! Absolutely fantastic and highly recommended - it'll wake your M3 up.

the hardware - Very well constructed cable and easy to use software. I had a few glitches while installing drivers but Paul helped me through the install - he was always available.

The tuning process and Support from Evolve - Thank you Salman and Paul from Evolve - both of you were super supportive, extremely responsive to all my emails - it felt like you guys were right there everytime I had a question. Loading the tune itself was super easy - there were two files to load and both loaded in about 20 minutes total.

Glad to be of service and nice working with you!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #75
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
if you'd clicked on the link, you'd see in the title, 1.25A.

You don't need 10amps. You'd only need that if you were putting a significant load on the battery or if you wanted to quickly charge it up. We're working with an assumably topped off battery that must stay topped off while we're writing to the ECU, so a trickle charger is all that is needed.
yep - i just flashed my 2011 M3 - and had a battery tender plus trickle charger hooked up - I made sure I was 100% charged up before I started and turned all unneccessary electronics off...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #76
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
Glad to be of service and nice working with you!
I'll second that. Great your enjoying your new found power
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #77
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Just an update from myself also. I have not been here for a while.

The majority of US cars all have the tuner protected software.

We are supplying complete software (programme and data area) which rolls back the software to version 140E and we supply the tune for this version also.

The complete software takes less than 15 mins to write in and from there on the tuned files (data area) takes less than 1 min (usually around 30 seconds).

So your left with your complete original tuner protected software which you can flash back in at any time and your non tuner protected versions with the tuned file.

You can flash as many times as you want and just as safety you should always use a voltage stabilser when flashing the complete ECU software (the 5MB file).

So there it is...... the first ever company to carry out complete software changes and tuning at the same time form the comfort of your home/office with upload times which are incredibly quick.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #78
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Congratulations!! Everything mention is exactly on point with my experiences with Sal, Paul, and the Evolve team. They are the top tier tuners these days and we are definitely blessed to have such great vendors, sponsors, and friends as they are.

You are definitely tempting me to get tune also for my otherwise stock E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #79
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

We are supplying complete software (programme and data area) which rolls back the software to version 140E and we supply the tune for this version also.

The complete software takes less than 15 mins to write in and from there on the tuned files (data area) takes less than 1 min (usually around 30 seconds).

So your left with your complete original tuner protected software which you can flash back in at any time and your non tuner protected versions with the tuned file.

You can flash as many times as you want and just as safety you should always use a voltage stabilser when flashing the complete ECU software (the 5MB file).

So there it is...... the first ever company to carry out complete software changes and tuning at the same time form the comfort of your home/office with upload times which are incredibly quick.
Evolve Automotive should be awarded BMW Tuner of the Century!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #80
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

^ I'm excited to get mine! 15 minutes isn't bad, it took over an hour to read out the original file

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #81
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Just reminded me of your 'other' M3!

We definately need to awaken that also.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #82
kyoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM-POWER View Post
This is what I did with my evo in the beggining. Far more simple for this product than using evoscan and doing 4th gear pulls logging it and sending in.

Curious to the cost for members.
same, this is how i tune my evo. works great

the reason for taking logs was to account for the individual differences in each car, all the little nuances. This is more of a 'base flash' then?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #83
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Good stuff!

So let me see if I understand this....

I have an unlocked tune from Powerchip. I want to get my car updated at the dealer with the current NAV and iDrive stuff. This would overwrite my tune and lock the ECU. I need a tune since I have high flow cats. Rear O2s are off but CEL is operational for other faults.

I can get your kit and save my Powerchip tune for comparison purposes. If I like the Evolve tune, I can then go to the dealer and get my car updated. You will then retune my ECU unlocking it by using an older unlocked version so future flashes are really quick.

Do I have this right??

Would you guys supply me with a second tune that has the rear O2 on so I can pass inspection?? That may be the deal sealer.....

Thing is that the car is running great and at some point it is too much money considering I have a tune already..... The NAV update would be nice but not essential.

Quote:

06-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #84
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Does this tune contain the current DCT software? As you know many of us have issues with our DCT causing a lag/hesitation that is much improved with the current software. I don't want to go back to the old dct software...just not worth it. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #85
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Does anyone know if a Sept '09 build (MY 2010) m3 has this new tuner protected ECU? Not sure if i need to get myself a battery charger.
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #86
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
Does anyone know if a Sept '09 build (MY 2010) m3 has this new tuner protected ECU? Not sure if i need to get myself a battery charger.
You won't know until we read out your software.

On the 'identify ECU' screen it will show you which version you have. Its within the line of data, we can see from there if you are tuner protected.

So you could just begin the process to see if you are, then if so simply get a charger at that point (or not, if you have an older software version)

Dogears/erio: Will get back to you soon on those enquiries
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #87
Sales@Evolve
Rep

DCT software is untouched.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #88
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Good stuff!

So let me see if I understand this....

I have an unlocked tune from Powerchip. I want to get my car updated at the dealer with the current NAV and iDrive stuff. This would overwrite my tune and lock the ECU. I need a tune since I have high flow cats. Rear O2s are off but CEL is operational for other faults.

I can get your kit and save my Powerchip tune for comparison purposes. If I like the Evolve tune, I can then go to the dealer and get my car updated. You will then retune my ECU unlocking it by using an older unlocked version so future flashes are really quick.

Do I have this right??

Would you guys supply me with a second tune that has the rear O2 on so I can pass inspection?? That may be the deal sealer.....

Thing is that the car is running great and at some point it is too much money considering I have a tune already..... The NAV update would be nice but not essential.
All depends on which version of software you have now.

If it's earlier than 140E then no you cannot use the Powerchip tune.

If that happens then the situation is a little sticky because you would need another tune from Powerchip which they would have to send to us for coding.

They are not going to do that and nor would we ! We would not expect them to do that either.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread