BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-10-2020, 10:39 PM   #1
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Hey All,

Been discussing e85 on the stock pump with the fuel-it drop in pump. Any suggestions on injector sizes? 1050cc injectors were suggested on another thread.

Im thinking 1050cc injectors, tune, and drop in pump. Any suggestions on pulley and belt size for the ESS VT2 6pk kits?

Looking to get some safe power gains, but mostly would like to be on full e85. I can flash back and forth to 91/93 if needed as well for those trips where e85 is not around.

What do you guy think?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Background thread discussing e85

Vf Supercharged On E85 https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1462995
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #3
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Hey All,

Been discussing e85 on the stock pump with the fuel-it drop in pump. Any suggestions on injector sizes? 1050cc injectors were suggested on another thread.

Im thinking 1050cc injectors, tune, and drop in pump. Any suggestions on pulley and belt size for the ESS VT2 6pk kits?

Looking to get some safe power gains, but mostly would like to be on full e85. I can flash back and forth to 91/93 if needed as well for those trips where e85 is not around.

What do you guy think?
If you are going to stay stock 625kit pulley and your car doens't have 100k miles on it factory fuel pump willl keep up on a full e85 tune with no other mods out side of 1050cc injectors

If you do the intake breather mod the car will make around 1-1.5 lbs more boost before doing pulley the factory full pump may not keep up with pressure after 4th gear WOT.

any pressure below 45 PSI I would suggest you upgrade to the fuel it Add on pump.

I will say in my own experience I have actually ran on nearly half a tank of 93 while still on my e85 map as I was in a pinch and becuase the car can pull or add 25 percent in fuel trims it was fine to drive on with out stepping in it. I do not suggest you do it on purpose but just fyi in my case with a rk tunes file it worked and drove normal on 93 as welll but I DID NOT Go beyond 3500 rpm.
Appreciate 1
Mdriv3r148.50
      08-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
gnjax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
If you are going to stay stock 625kit pulley and your car doens't have 100k miles on it factory fuel pump willl keep up on a full e85 tune with no other mods out side of 1050cc injectors

If you do the intake breather mod the car will make around 1-1.5 lbs more boost before doing pulley the factory full pump may not keep up with pressure after 4th gear WOT.

any pressure below 45 PSI I would suggest you upgrade to the fuel it Add on pump.

I will say in my own experience I have actually ran on nearly half a tank of 93 while still on my e85 map as I was in a pinch and becuase the car can pull or add 25 percent in fuel trims it was fine to drive on with out stepping in it. I do not suggest you do it on purpose but just fyi in my case with a rk tunes file it worked and drove normal on 93 as welll but I DID NOT Go beyond 3500 rpm.
Just wondering what is the intake breather mod ?
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2021, 11:04 PM   #5
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjax View Post
Me too. What’s the intake breather mod??
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #6
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
Me too. What’s the intake breather mod??
I'm assuming he's talking about putting a breather filter on the intake manifold where the bypass valve connects to.

Some have it plugged up (me) others installed a 3.5 inch breather filter.

I could be wrong, just an educated guess.
      09-16-2021, 10:19 PM   #7
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
I'm assuming he's talking about putting a breather filter on the intake manifold where the bypass valve connects to.

Bypass valve = blow off valve?

You have the connection where the bypass valve would ordinarily connect to the intake blocked off and instead have the bypass valve venting to atmosphere? Is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:03 AM   #8
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post

Bypass valve = blow off valve?

You have the connection where the bypass valve would ordinarily connect to the intake blocked off and instead have the bypass valve venting to atmosphere? Is that correct?
Bypass valve and blow off are two different things. But similar part.

I'm personally running the Vortech MaxRace blow off valve. So it already vents to the atmosphere.

But on a bypass valve, the hose connects from the open end of the BPV to the intake manifold. If you remove that hose, it'll vent to the atmosphere.

I have my intake side blocked off. Some add a filter.