BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-24-2023, 07:28 PM   #1
Bmwdoubles_
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535

Garage List
  [0.00]
DCT wasn't registering when turning on the car or going into gear due to moisture getting into the pins. I was driving around, and I’ve had passengers say water just spilled on my leg, and at times, I felt it as well. I read that the AC drain can get clogged, and moisture accumulates behind the shifter. I was driving, and it wouldn’t go into gear because the car couldn’t see the GWS DCT shift lever. I took out the center console in the middle, above the shifter, I felt the carpet , and sure enough, it was wet.

After taking it to the dealer, because they’re the ones that replaced it and let it dry out for a few hours, it finally went into gear, but now it’s showing rust inside the pins and the connecting harness. I asked the dealer if they knew what caused it, and they didn’t. I know for sure it’s the AC not draining correctly the moisture that’s accumulating behind the dashboard.

Does anyone know where this AC drain is inside the dashboard?

Also, in the image with the two red circles, those holes should be covered. I looked on Bimmercat, but they don’t point to a site that sells those plugs. Does anyone know where to get them, or should I cover them with something?
Attached Images

Trying to reach a 100 subscribers appreciate the support: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFu...fWjCtOz49FDMlg
Appreciate 0