BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-29-2018, 04:21 AM   #1
m3boost
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ESS625, Bronco

ESS 625 e85 tune?

Can anyone comment on this?

http://tuningtechfs.com/e9x-m3-remot...rcharger-tune/

Would like to run on my ess 625. Any fueling issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 01:18 AM   #2
JohnEastvold
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Bump. Also interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 12:40 AM   #3
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

In for the info
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

yes, its $100 more than their regular custom tune, for some reason, which makes no sense, since the reg tune is about $600 overpriced already
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #5
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-AM3 View Post
yes, its $100 more than their regular custom tune, for some reason, which makes no sense, since the reg tune is about $600 overpriced already
Are you saying you’ve ran it or are you just commrntjng in price?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 06:34 AM   #6
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
Are you saying you’ve ran it or are you just commrntjng in price?
Both

Prices are insane and additional cost for E85 is boggling.

Tried to run Franks tune when I met him a track day once. He said yes, but couldnt get the real tuner ( Uncle Somebody, i dont recall the name, who is from eastern Europe) on the phone. he had all the equipment there with him, just not the tuner..

Now that I think about it, makes sense why the price is higher than other reputable tuners. for 1 tune, you pay TTFS $xxxx, and then TTFS has to pay "Uncle" $yyy, that leaves $zzz +overhead for ttfs to charge
Appreciate 1
xander_g995.50
      11-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
Both

Tried to run Franks tune when I met him a track day once. He said yes, but couldnt get the real tuner ( Uncle Somebody, i dont recall the name, who is from eastern Europe) on the phone. he had all the equipment there with him, just not the tuner..

Now that I think about it, makes sense why the price is higher than other reputable tuners. for 1 tune, you pay TTFS $xxxx, and then TTFS has to pay "Uncle" $yyy, that leaves $zzz +overhead for ttfs to charge
And what car was this that you tried to tune that he couldn’t do as you say? As frank in person tunes my first e90m at my buddies shop in Florida. With out speaking to anyone then Made adjustments on the dyno. He then did a file for a na m3 that ended up putting down 390 wheel na on pump gas. The same dyno that my car stock only made 343whp on. Na tune was 900 dollars just like everyone else. Rk changers the same and for a blower tune they both charge more.

Last edited by Properstyle; 11-07-2018 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #8
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
And what car was this that you tried to tune that he couldn’t do as you say? As frank in person tunes my first e90m at my buddies shop in Florida. With out speaking to anyone then Made adjustments on the dyno. He then did a file for a na m3 that ended up putting down 390 wheel na on pump gas. The same dyno that my car stock only made 343whp on. Na tune was 900 dollars just like everyone else. Rk changers the same and for a blower tune they both charge more.
This was the e90 m3. Ask him who "uncle" is, that he tried to wake up in Europe. Either he'll tell you, or tell you im lying. but 100% fact my above interaction happened with him, which would make him the liar. While your at it, ask why an E85 custom tune is more than a regular custom tune, if both are custom..?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #9
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
This was the e90 m3. Ask him who "uncle" is, that he tried to wake up in Europe. Either he'll tell you, or tell you im lying. but 100% fact my above interaction happened with him, which would make him the liar. While your at it, ask why an E85 custom tune is more than a regular custom tune, if both are custom..?
Something really doesn’t add up. Frank has tunes two of my cars in person and as well as watch him do an m5 with out touching his phone a single time. But that’s all nil can’t speak on your experience.

Gintani and rk tune both charge more for e85. Even going na the tune is actually more expensive when you go to purchase. Dme tuning charges more just based on stage for a m5 literally same work prices change just on the level of power that was asked for. So someone asking for more on a e85 tune with as much kick back people give about doing e85 on blower tunes clearly someone isn’t as cut and dry as it seems.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Something really doesn’t add up. Frank has tunes two of my cars in person and as well as watch him do an m5 with out touching his phone a single time. But that’s all nil can’t speak on your experience.

Gintani and rk tune both charge more for e85. Even going na the tune is actually more expensive when you go to purchase. Dme tuning charges more just based on stage for a m5 literally same work prices change just on the level of power that was asked for. So someone asking for more on a e85 tune with as much kick back people give about doing e85 on blower tunes clearly someone isn’t as cut and dry as it seems.

Maybe, but you didnt ask who "Uncle" is, or why he was needed to tune mine..
Secondly,
the 3 other tuning entities you mentioned have platform records, so if they charge a bit more, they sorta earned it, dont you think? But a remote tune from TTFS will add another $600 on top of the $1350.. so im pretty sure the other 3 are hundreds of dollars less when all factors are considered
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #11
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
Maybe, but you didnt ask who "Uncle" is, or why he was needed to tune mine..
Secondly,
the 3 other tuning entities you mentioned have platform records, so if they charge a bit more, they sorta earned it, dont you think? But a remote tune from TTFS will add another $600 on top of the $1350.. so im pretty sure the other 3 are hundreds of dollars less when all factors are considered
Frank holds the supercharged e46 record for power and the half mile lol and years ago frank was making 630whp out of active super charger kits for the e90 with meth.

It’s also clear you arent actually reading anything on the site as the e85 supercharger tune is for REMOTE it’s 1350 total. Rk is 1500 and gintani is the same when you actually call and ask. Rk will no longer do e85 tunes for the e90 period. Two other members who actually paid for it never got there car tuned one who actually drove 3 hours to a dyno and paid for dyno time and then got left on the side with no tune. Every tuners has their ups downs.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #12
Matheus
Private
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E92 Fire Orange

Regardless off the price point, the E85 tune worked on a supercharged M3? There was any fueling issues? I can see that they mention changing the injector, but what about fuel pump and fuel lines?
      11-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #13
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Both

Interesting, I've heard this more than once from some of the local Toronto guys. Basically, the actual tuner lives in one of the former combloc countries, forget which one and supplies Frank with tunes. Collusion lol
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 08:16 AM   #14
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Frank holds the supercharged e46 record for power and the half mile lol and years ago frank was making 630whp out of active super charger kits for the e90 with meth.

It’s also clear you arent actually reading anything on the site as the e85 supercharger tune is for REMOTE it’s 1350 total. Rk is 1500 and gintani is the same when you actually call and ask. Rk will no longer do e85 tunes for the e90 period. Two other members who actually paid for it never got there car tuned one who actually drove 3 hours to a dyno and paid for dyno time and then got left on the side with no tune. Every tuners has their ups downs.
"power" records are debatable, especially when power and performance do not match, and even worse when on different dyno's, and the s/c e46 market as a whole is like 5 people. But that is a moot point as we are not talking e46 tuning

E9x supercharged and f-series tt is gigantic in comparison. why go with a tuner that charges more, with no platform comparable feats accomplished?

You seem to be a TTFS fanatic, but have not yet answered who UNCLE is for us, and why he wasnt able to tune me that day. This is all 1st hand accounts. Not hearsay as with RK.

Do you have a personal relationship with TTFS?

Last edited by Pro-AM3; 11-15-2018 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #15
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
"power" records are debatable, especially when power and performance do not match, and even worse when on different dyno's, and the s/c e46 market as a whole is like 5 people. But that is a moot point as we are not talking e46 tuning

E9x supercharged and f-series tt is gigantic in comparison. why go with a tuner that charges more, with no platform comparable feats accomplished?

You seem to be a TTFS fanatic, but have not yet answered who UNCLE is for us, and why he wasnt able to tune me that day. This is all 1st hand accounts. Not hearsay as with RK.

Do you have a personal relationship with TTFS?

Power records are debatable but yet before sal breaking it 2 weeks ago the only gintani record was a dyno lol. But yet you had no problem supporting that because it fit you agenda funny how that works right.

E46 sc sales are actually pretty large even bigger after active came out with the prima kit, there are hundreds of them sold. Just because you aren’t part of that markets doesn’t determine its size.

I can’t tell you why someone didn’t tune you car. I’ve gotten the same response from rk. Can’t tune these any more e9x car. Maybe he didn’t want too maybe that was rks deal with me who knows. If I remember correctly they went down there to do a gt2rs so maybe it was out of the focus.

I’ve stayed I’ve actually had two cars done by him. And watched him
My self tune multiple others in Florida at the dyno. From e39 with blowers to f10m5s when they still had to drill the ecu and patch it which he did him self in the shop.

Lastly try climbing the link we are actually talking about an not something else. The link posted is 1350 remote tune e9x supercharged e85.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 06:56 AM   #16
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Power records are debatable but yet before sal breaking it 2 weeks ago the only gintani record was a dyno lol.
Did TTFS have the record before that? does TTFS have ANY E9x record? see what Im getting at? List the top 10 E9x tuners, in order of when they set a record, and TTFS wont be there.. I wonder why

But yet you had no problem supporting that because it fit you agenda funny how that works right.
My agenda shows I personally know TTFS couldnt tune my car, and suggesting ANY 1 of literally 5 OTHER better/ proven/affordable tuners, is an acceptable "agenda"

E46 sc sales are actually pretty large even bigger after active came out with the prima kit, there are hundreds of them sold. Just because you aren’t part of that markets doesn’t determine its size.
Hop over to E46fanatics and show me all the new posts about E46 updates.. ill wait

I can’t tell you why someone didn’t tune you car. I’ve gotten the same response from rk. Can’t tune these any more e9x car. Maybe he didn’t want too maybe that was rks deal with me who knows. If I remember correctly they went down there to do a gt2rs so maybe it was out of the focus.

Rk has reasons not to toon the platform anymore, not the same as NOT BEING CAPABLE of tuning a car because they dont have the skills

I’ve stayed I’ve actually had two cars done by him. And watched him
My self tune multiple others in Florida at the dyno. From e39 with blowers to f10m5s when they still had to drill the ecu and patch it which he did him self in the shop.

Oh, thats right, and he "never touched his phone" in all that time.

Lastly try climbing the link we are actually talking about an not something else. The link posted is 1350 remote tune e9x supercharged e85.
ahhh, so your saying they forgot the additional charge on the E85 remote tune page.. i mean, 1 of those 2 pages is wrong, has to be. how can you have a $600 fee for remote tuning capability for 1 fuel, but not need to apply the same to the other fuel choice...
huh. its almost like.. you want to speak as if you have info, but cant say that you personally have info that only close associates of ttfs have.. because that would show your promotion of ttfs, was in fact heavily biased. Just do us a favor, call frank and ask, who tf "Uncle" is, why he had to be reached to tune a boosted e9x, and report back please
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #17
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Eastern European tuner sounds like Rueben. Rueben's been in jail recently. Not sure why. Rueben is known on forums by many names. "Master Yoda" on this forum and others. You'd be surprised how many tuners use him. It's my understanding Rueben develops all of the supercharger tunes and anything advanced (like E85 tunes). He provides the base files and then the other tuners just tweak around the edges. Not saying anything about TTFS,l because I dont know them well. Just saying it sounds like you're describing Rueben.

Rubens tuned Sergei's low compression supercharged stroker that Bert and Van Dyne built. It made about 885 whp. That's the record AFAIK.
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #18
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
huh. its almost like.. you want to speak as if you have info, but cant say that you personally have info that only close associates of ttfs have.. because that would show your promotion of ttfs, was in fact heavily biased. Just do us a favor, call frank and ask, who tf "Uncle" is, why he had to be reached to tune a boosted e9x, and report back please

Biased though my car is presently tuned by mike at bpm? I vouche for mike as well, my car just went 154 at the standing 1/2 mile event in Dallas.

Frank has tuned my last e90m which went 149.7 at the ga heavens landing half mile 2 years ago.

I’ve met frank in person in Florida at another friend s shop and he tuned my car while there he tuned a f10 m5 . A e46 which still holds the supercharged half mile record at 159. And a supercharged e39.

Frank is pretty well known in south Florida even out side the bmw community by those like Criss speed who is as well a tuner who has put cars in the 7s in the 1/4 mile that will vouche for frank for a reason.

Something I’ve also seen from tuners is making up an excuse to not tune a car because of a persona personality that they don’t want as a customer, maybe you are that person. If I recall frank was at msr to provide support to a gt2rs not to tune e9x m3s.

Lastly someone here asked had someone used the e85 tune for a supercharged e90m you in fact had not purchased that. You went as far to go off tangent to talk about customer tunes at a different price on a completely separate link that had nothing to do with a e85 1000cc injector tune which is beating discussed here.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #19
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
Eastern European tuner sounds like Rueben. Rueben's been in jail recently. Not sure why. Rueben is known on forums by many names. "Master Yoda" on this forum and others. You'd be surprised how many tuners use him. It's my understanding Rueben develops all of the supercharger tunes and anything advanced (like E85 tunes). He provides the base files and then the other tuners just tweak around the edges. Not saying anything about TTFS,l because I dont know them well. Just saying it sounds like you're describing Rueben.

Rubens tuned Sergei's low compression supercharged stroker that Bert and Van Dyne built. It made about 885 whp. That's the record AFAIK.
Wouldn’t doubt that kinda like everyone out the blue suddenly cranked the f80 ecru to do obd2 tuning right after someone in Europe did, I’m sure they all speak lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #20
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post

Tried looking for this online, couldn't find anything. Do you have any info you could share?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #21
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Tried looking for this online, couldn't find anything. Do you have any info you could share?
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1412455
Appreciate 1
xander_g995.50
      12-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #22
Properstyle
Major
Rep

So been on Full E85 tune on 1050c injectors on FACTORY fuel pump for a few weeks nows. car has been pulling great, Logs show cars stays with in the 12s for AFR no problem on a my ess 625kit.
Appreciate 0