BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-18-2023, 10:09 PM   #23
DriftinG Z32
Enlisted Member
35
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 and Madza RX7
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillip View Post
Leon Edwards vs Colby Covington should be a great fight with both fighters looking very confident ahead of the this fight.
Not sure what Colby was doing in that fight. Looked like he just showed up for a pay check.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 09:14 AM   #24
unluky
Major
unluky's Avatar
7506
Rep
1,247
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinG Z32 View Post
Not sure what Colby was doing in that fight. Looked like he just showed up for a pay check.
Agreed. Not a Colby fan and never have been, but thought he would give Leon a lot of trouble with the cardio and punishing take down attacks. He looked slow and lost in there. Not an entertaining fight at all. I expected it to not be a great fight to watch as I figured it would be a battle of take downs and scrambles, but that was not the case.

I feel bad for Leon. He has a hell of a streak going, but it's just had to get excited about his fights. We will see who is next for him.

Watching Tony was tough as usual. At least he didn't get what Thug Nasty got - that was hard to watch.
__________________
2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 11:07 PM   #25
DriftinG Z32
Enlisted Member
35
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 and Madza RX7
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Agreed. Not a Colby fan and never have been, but thought he would give Leon a lot of trouble with the cardio and punishing take down attacks. He looked slow and lost in there. Not an entertaining fight at all. I expected it to not be a great fight to watch as I figured it would be a battle of take downs and scrambles, but that was not the case.

I feel bad for Leon. He has a hell of a streak going, but it's just had to get excited about his fights. We will see who is next for him.

Watching Tony was tough as usual. At least he didn't get what Thug Nasty got - that was hard to watch.
I think we all expected more pressure and wrestling from Colby but he was more than content with standing and attempting to match strikes with Leon.

Leon is a very skilled fighter. With that win streak itís hard to call him underrated. Heís just not a fan favorite and probably never will be but thatís okay so long as he keeps doing his thing.

Mitchell getting KOíd was one of worst Iíve seen. The seizures after going unconscious was hard to watch. I hope he makes a full recovery.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 05:16 PM   #26
jesm
Second Lieutenant
208
Rep
236
Posts

Drives: 911S 2018
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston

iTrader: (11)

Feel the UFC PPV events get super hyped....and then...not impressive/boring fights. This was definitely one of them.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 10:02 AM   #27
unluky
Major
unluky's Avatar
7506
Rep
1,247
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesm View Post
Feel the UFC PPV events get super hyped....and then...not impressive/boring fights. This was definitely one of them.
Some......for sure. But on the opposite end was UFC 295 which was an amazing card and every fight on the main card ended in a knockout. You just never know. The first 3 fights of 296 were great fights too.

I was afraid this main event would be a bit of a snoozer - but not for the reason it actually was a snoozer. I figured it would be 23.5 minutes of top control.

This is why when I watch them live - I watch ALL the fights. Some of my friends don't show up till the main card and I'm like "dude - you just missed 3 of the best fights of the nite!" But they are more casuals and only wanna watch the fights with names they have heard before. They show up for 2 50 years old dudes fighting that they have heard of instead of 2 up and coming bangers with perfect records. OK dude - but those old guys used to fight on the undercard too.......
__________________
2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 01:14 PM   #28
Fillip
Private
Fillip's Avatar
118
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2020 M3 (F80)
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Congratulations to Dricus du Plessis for becoming South Africa's first UFC champion with a split decision victory over American Sean Strickland in their middleweight title fight at UFC 297 in Toronto.
Appreciate 1
jesm207.50
      01-21-2024, 02:43 PM   #29
unluky
Major
unluky's Avatar
7506
Rep
1,247
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillip View Post
Congratulations to Dricus du Plessis for becoming South Africa's first UFC champion with a split decision victory over American Sean Strickland in their middleweight title fight at UFC 297 in Toronto.

It was close!
__________________
2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 1
jesm207.50
      02-25-2024, 01:33 PM   #30
Fillip
Private
Fillip's Avatar
118
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2020 M3 (F80)
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Francis Ngannou is likely to make his PFL debut against Renan Ferreira who beat Ryan Bader yesterday. How do you guys think Ngannou's career will go in PFL?

Last edited by Fillip; 02-25-2024 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: formatting issue
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 02:16 PM   #31
unluky
Major
unluky's Avatar
7506
Rep
1,247
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillip View Post
Francis Ngannou is likely to make his PFL debut against Renan Ferreira who beat Ryan Bader yesterday. How do you guys think Ngannou's career will go in PFL?
If he continued his training that resulted in his performances in his last two UFC fights, I think he will do very well. His MMA game has certainly increased substantially during his time in the UFC. I wondered if his boxing only training for a while would diminish it but we will have to see.
__________________
2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST