BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #23
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by furquiza View Post
after this possibility was brought up to me, i did some searching around and apparently it has been an issue for the e9x platform for others. going to give the dealership a call after work and ask to talk to a tech to see what they have to say about it.

that's why i think it just seems counter-intuitive though. locking you out of anything on the system for not fixing it right away is just messed up. i assumed there were others with winter sets who didn't use tpms and had no issues. regardless....incredibly irritating.
yea im with ya, it's just that my 09 i drive gave me a warning sign with 2012 tpms for 17 months and when i changed it was 0 issue, and my car is 100% factory no coding no nothing...

it truly is so frustrating, especially with these stupid tech/electric systems...
      09-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #24
m3nace92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
yea im with ya, it's just that my 09 i drive gave me a warning sign with 2012 tpms for 17 months and when i changed it was 0 issue, and my car is 100% factory no coding no nothing...

it truly is so frustrating, especially with these stupid tech/electric systems...
may just cut my losses on the new sensors/try and sell them discounted and pay to have it coded out altogether since it's not a great system to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #25
DetroitP
Private First Class
Rep

So the original huf sensor you purchased from Discount Tire was okay, but the system had simply locked you out?
May you pls confirm? I am going thru the same exercise.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #26
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

You use discount tire on an M3? Man you are brave. I dont like to use any tire place that does not have the proper alignment system for m3s. I find butler does and a lot of other places dont.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 06:44 PM   #27
DetroitP
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvy View Post
You use discount tire on an M3? Man you are brave. I dont like to use any tire place that does not have the proper alignment system for m3s. I find butler does and a lot of other places dont.
I had to get my fronts replaced because of inner wear, and discount tire was conveniently located near me. Anyhow, I ended up with Belle tire to do the alignment, and plan on my next tire set to be from them.

Back on the TPMS subject, I learned that for the 2008 M3's, only one type of Huf sensors can work beside the OEM (check ECS tuning's website), so I purchased it and plan on swapping it in to see how it works. I will share an update once available.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 08:44 AM   #28
DetroitP
Private First Class
Rep

Update: I purchased the specific HUF sensor from ECS and installed it on the wheel, and still couldn't get the car to communicate with it.

My next suspension is that the receiver on the vehicle is bad. I read somewhere that it is located in or near the quarter panel, so i will be looking at swapping that.

Question: when you press the TPMS button in the center of the dash, do you typically hear or see any kind of feedback? maybe a chime sound or anything to indicate you have pressed it? ..... when I press it, i don't notice anything, curious if something is also wrong with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 09:35 AM   #29
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitP View Post
Update: I purchased the specific HUF sensor from ECS and installed it on the wheel, and still couldn't get the car to communicate with it.

My next suspension is that the receiver on the vehicle is bad. I read somewhere that it is located in or near the quarter panel, so i will be looking at swapping that.

Question: when you press the TPMS button in the center of the dash, do you typically hear or see any kind of feedback? maybe a chime sound or anything to indicate you have pressed it? ..... when I press it, i don't notice anything, curious if something is also wrong with it.
i don't think there is chime, but i *think* (if i remember correctly), the screen will says resetting tpms or something like that, tells you to drive slowly on flat roads or something for it to get a read out... so you definitely will know if it has responded to the push of button.

please keep us posted, does sound like the receiver on the car at this point, given that others have been able to reset even the error code has been there for long time, and you have tried out both versions of sensors. i found this curious...

before you change the wheels & sensors - did the reset button ever worked? or you have never try reset it before this?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 11:16 AM   #30
DetroitP
Private First Class
Rep

I recently purchased the car with the TPMS issue.
I will investigate the receiver and see how it goes.
Thx
Appreciate 0