BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

07-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
SpyderBite
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3, ZCP, DCT

FS: (4) Yokohama AD08R 285/30/18

I just put up for sale a set of 4 essentially new AD08R's, 285/30/18's.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1637935

Thought I'd mention it here as they are a fantastic Beginner through Intermediate track tire that is solid for the street. They can be pricey new, though they compensate in part by being very durable. I'm selling at what I think (?) is a good discount that may take much of that price bite away for someone.

FWIW, I found the previous set I ran particularly good as a growing beginner-to-intermediate, because they handle heat really well, have good grip and are very consistent. I've usually had enough things I was trying to juggle in my head with learning the track, the car, and driving techniques, to not want to also worry about my tires getting greasy not too long into a session. The more laps I could run in a long session without worrying about the tires changing up a lot, the better. Grip wise, strong enough grip to run solid track times, but not an R-Comp that's going to cover your mistakes and/or not give you as much time to react. As with all things driving, YMMV
Appreciate 0