BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-02-2015, 11:47 PM   #67
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohm3 View Post
Helmsman a big thank you. I will take this info to the dealer . I think this document will be enough to make them take the correct action on this issue. Thanks again, I am truly greatful.
No worries mate, pass on.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 11:07 PM   #68
WJSM5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 - 14 M5

Garage List
2014 F10 M5  [0.00]
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester17 View Post
Job is done... but dealer stated that only 4L were used. Car runs great, but seems like a bit low in terms of total fluid used, no? However, I've found a wide array of responses around the web concerning amounts, from 5L to -- get this -- 21L (!).

Anywho, glad to have had it completed; $249.99. Service Mgr. told me he had to work to get the cost down, as initial costs were estimating around $425, which he didn't think was worth offering.
Im in Central NJ and would be interested in driving out if you could connect me with your SA. PM me if you would be willing to.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #69
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Why should the DCT criteria be any better than that for their conventional automatics? BMW automatics that do not have their fluid changed typically last about 100k miles. As you know, BMWNA will not allow the dealers to flush DCT fluid. Why should the DCT transmissions last any longer than the conventional automatics if the fluid is not changed?

This was a major factor for me when I turned in the white car. I would have been more inclined to keep it if BMWNA would allow proper maintenance of the DCT.
In 2008 i ordered my M3 and had to decide between MT / DCT. I knew that dct owners would talk big in the first 5 years with the novelty concept to make big talk on forums about they got "dct" as if it was any better, it's not. But i also knew that eventually the time would come that a dct with "forever" oil that bmw refuses to even change would become a liability and that the 6MT would absolutely prevail as the best E92 M3 choice. And that turn came around 2012-13 !! I'm enjoying it now reading those anguished depressing dct threads.
It is a fact now - as I predicted in 2008 - that 6MT has the predicted advantage of a well deserved peace of mind not to mention joy of drive.
It is the superior choice for the E92 M3 when reliability, enjoyment, performance and even market value are measured (i'll keep mine forever
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #70
jester17
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
In 2008 i ordered my M3 and had to decide between MT / DCT. I knew that dct owners would talk big in the first 5 years with the novelty concept to make big talk on forums about they got "dct" as if it was any better, it's not. But i also knew that eventually the time would come that a dct with "forever" oil that bmw refuses to even change would become a liability and that the 6MT would absolutely prevail as the best E92 M3 choice. And that turn came around 2012-13 !! I'm enjoying it now reading those anguished depressing dct threads.
It is a fact now - as I predicted in 2008 - that 6MT has the predicted advantage of a well deserved peace of mind not to mention joy of drive.
It is the superior choice for the E92 M3 when reliability, enjoyment, performance and even market value are measured (i'll keep mine forever
...I'm not sure what you're seeing that's "anguished" or "depressing"; it's certainly true that the MT takes perhaps less maintenance or attention, but for those of us with blown sciatica we have to do what we have to do...
Appreciate 0