BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

06-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Does anybody own these BMW rubber mats (not found on BMW's website)? Thx.

Hi gang. Since my M3 floor mats look used (read: like crap) even before I set foot in my car, I'm going to buy rubber mats, but found TWO different ones. The ones found on BMW's site (http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...&productId=873#) look okay, but don't like the carpeted heel-pad.

Found these others on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...11135007r37869). Am not crazy about them either, but have no carpet, plus 'BMW'. I'm more inclined to these, but want to make sure they don't look too ... truckish. I don't need the 'utility' aspect of them; just want rubber because it's easy to clean and will look like new for years, but don't want them too rugged.

Comments from owners of either set are welcome. And yes, pics would be nice too ; always easier to make a decision with pics of your same car. Cost is the same (and less than my Accord set; How about that?? ), so not a factor. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
wimpwgn
Private
Rep
Drives: 13 750i

Front:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Rear:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Thanks buddy. Saw those (and others), but NOT on an M3. We need BLACK, and want to see how well they match the carpet. I also want to make sure they cover all the way to the seat rails, like the carpet ones. I'm weary of those since they're not listed for the M3; could be for a fit reason. Don't want to spend $100 and do this () after installing them . Thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
Loseit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/CR/CF E92 M3

i have the black ones like the ones for mileone parts. Actually, i think i got them from them.
Not the best quality IMO. The show wear pretty quickly.
I would look into weathertech ones instead of OEM ones if i did it again.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M

I have black interior with the Weathertech mats. I had OEM rubber winter mats in my e46 and these Weathertech mats are much better quality. Not to mention a perfect fit.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineweissM3 View Post
I have black interior with the Weathertech mats. I had OEM rubber winter mats in my e46 and these Weathertech mats are much better quality. Not to mention a perfect fit.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Hi gang. Since my M3 floor mats look used (read: like crap) even before I set foot in my car, I'm going to buy rubber mats, but found TWO different ones. The ones found on BMW's site (http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...&productId=873#) look okay, but don't like the carpeted heel-pad.

Found these others on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...11135007r37869). Am not crazy about them either, but have no carpet, plus 'BMW'. I'm more inclined to these, but want to make sure they don't look too ... truckish. I don't need the 'utility' aspect of them; just want rubber because it's easy to clean and will look like new for years, but don't want them too rugged.

Comments from owners of either set are welcome. And yes, pics would be nice too ; always easier to make a decision with pics of your same car. Cost is the same (and less than my Accord set; How about that?? ), so not a factor. Thx.
Not recommended!!! I bought those last winter and they "ain't worth two dead flys". They have a crappy velcro'ed mat that on the drivers side slips out of position consistently. I have to readjust the position essentially every time I get into the car.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post
Not recommended!!!
Thanks a lot folks. So those with the heel pad are out then.

How about the all rubber ones, with 'BMW'?

Will look into the Weathertech ones, but I'm almost sure they have a HUGE lip, enough to hold a gallon of crap. As I said earlier, I don't need them that rugged. If somebody has pics of those, that'd be great as well. SHOW ME SOME PICS!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
JonM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

I installed the ones with the carpeted heel the day I got my car and they've been in ever since. Nothing but happiness. They match the trunk liner mat too.

I stored the carpet ones and they have yet to be used.
16 X5d | 08 M3 Sedan | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe | 99 M coupe
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I installed the ones with the carpeted heel the day I got my car and they've been in ever since. Nothing but happiness. They match the trunk liner mat too.

I stored the carpet ones and they have yet to be used.
I did the exact same. I like the rubber ones with carpeted heel a lot. Mine have never moved out of place and they look good.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
I have the all rubber one and worked great for me in the Boston winter.

If you just want easy maintenance, why not just buy those clear rubber overlays?
      06-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
If you just want easy maintenance, why not just buy those clear rubber overlays?
I've had those, and don't like them, but thanks for the suggestion.

The all-rubber ones look to be what I want from the distance (no carpet and 'BMW'); just want to make sure they fit perfectly (no mention of them for the M3), and that the edges are not huge, like Weathertechs. A pic would be great man. Thanks.
JC
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I did the exact same. I like the rubber ones with carpeted heel a lot. Mine have never moved out of place and they look good.
Okay, what's the secret to keep the drivers side in place? I'd like to see then work consistently, but results have been unfavorable.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Hey gang, one more question: Just learned there's a TRUNK rubber mat with the same pattern as the all-rubber floor mats ('BMW' and all), and the best news is it's also made in GRAY, which I'm assuming will match the trunk's carpet a lot better than black. Does anybody here have that trunk mat???

Only way I'd buy it is if it covers the entire flat area of the trunk, not just the middle, like the black '///M' accessory one; it's a joke. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #15
Niels E46 M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 SG M3 Coupe DCT

i have the all rubber ones, as you linked from ebay. I purchased mine from the dealer and love them.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #16
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post
Okay, what's the secret to keep the drivers side in place? I'd like to see then work consistently, but results have been unfavorable.
Use the velcro mounts they come with.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0