BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-29-2015, 10:59 PM   #1
pzzvv
LURKER
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Help me with my offset :(

Currently on my E90 M3 I have my stock 220's on with 15mm spacers in the front & 15mm spacers in the back, with square 265/35/19 blizzaks.

I recently purchased a square set of Apex Arc-8's in 19x9.5 ET22. If I keep the 15mm spacers on in the front & rear, will I be running too wide with the Arc-8's? I love the look I currently have with the 220's, but am concerned that with keeping the spacers on I'll be good in the back, but way too wide in the front.

Additionally, I'll be running 265/35/19 tires on the Arc-8's in the front & the back, as for I just happen to have a set laying around in that size. I'm also going to be lowering the car on KW Height Adjustable Sleeves.

I don't want to be rubbing, but I most likely will be with that setup. I'm not a car guru, so can you guys help me out? I want to be as flush as possible but want to have spacers/everything sorted out before I start installing & mounting things on. Will be getting an alignment too, probably putting in a good degree of camber in the F & R.

All in all, recommendations?

Edit: Did a bit more research & the offset on the 220's is 29 in the front & 23 in rear so I'm currently looking at 14 in the front & 8 in the rear. I think with keeping the 15mm in the back I should be fine, but for the front I should definitely go down to either 5mm or 10mm, but I think going with a 10mm I still might be a bit wide. Especially if I'm running 265/35/19 I might rub.

P.S - I need my tires to be square too for rotation purposes. We have shitty roads here right now so hence why I'd prefer 265/35/10 but would a large part of my issues be solved if I dropped down to 30?

Last edited by pzzvv; 03-30-2015 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:47 AM   #2
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Happy to assist here. The specs of your OEM 220's are:

F - 19x8.5 ET29
R - 19x9.5 ET23

With your 15mm spacers added into the equation, your current offsets are:

F - 19x8.5 ET14
R - 19x9.5 ET8

The specs of your new APEX wheels are:

F & R - 19x9.5 ET22

When comparing your front OEM 220's with spacers to the new APEX front wheels, your new setup will extend another 5mm towards the fender.

When comparing your rear OEM 220's with spacers to the new APEX rear wheels, your new setup will retract 14mm away from the fender.

In summary, the front will be a direct fit and no spacers are required to be flush. Although the rear is a direct fit as well, you may want to add a spacer in effort to completely fill out the fender. The size of the spacer used will be determined by your personal opinion of what is flush. Everyone has a different goal in mind, but 5mm, 10mm or 12mm spacers would be recommended. The 15mm spacers are really pushing it, and may create a bit of rubbing depending on tire brand, ride height and negative camber specs. Since you already have the 15mm spacers, feel free to give it a shot.

Please feel free to call us directly, and we would be happy to review your fitment with you.

Cheers,
Ryan

Last edited by ApexWheels; 04-10-2015 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #3
pzzvv
LURKER
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post
Happy to assist here. The specs of your OEM 220's are:

F - 19x8.5 ET29
R - 19x9.5 ET23

With your 15mm spacers added into the equation, your current offsets are:

F - 19x8.5 ET14
R - 19x9.5 ET8

The specs of your new APEX wheels are:

F & R - 19x9.5 ET22

When comparing your front OEM 220's with spacers to the new APEX front wheels, your new setup will extend another 5mm towards the fender.

When comparing your rear OEM 220's with spacers to the new APEX rear wheels, your new setup will retract 14mm away from the fender.

In summary, the front will be a direct fit and no spacers are required to be flush. Although the rear is a direct fit as well, you may want to add a spacer in effort to completely fill out the fender. The size of the spacer used will be determined by your personal opinion of what is flush. Everyone has a different goal in mind, but 5mm, 10mm or 12mm spacers would be recommended. The 15mm spacers are really pushing it, and may create a bit of rubbing depending on tire brand, ride height and negative camber specs. Since you already have the 15mm spacers, feel free to give it a shot.

Please feel free to call us directly, and we would be happy to review your fitment with you.

Cheers,
Ryan
I'm going to be dropping the car off with my motorsports shop next Friday. They're going to be lowering it on KW H.A.S & doing an alignment for me to make it proper so it won't rub. I did also happen to buy a set of 5mm spacers from you guys which I think I'm going to put up front & will try keeping the 15mm in the back. But if it doesn't work well, then I'll try a different size spacer.

I appreciate the help though! Will be running 265/35/19 continental contisportcontact's. Might go down to 255 if need be.
Appreciate 0