BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

05-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
did you run EDC on Normal or Comfort? that autoclub pavement is not very smooth, it would scare the crap out of me when my car skips on the high speed oval.

Can you imagine doing this in an original C6 Z06 before they revised the dampening? holy cow.

Anyways, awesome experience and video. Can you run the full oval on wot and without lifting? R&T did a shootout with various cars 3 years ago and the E92 M3 was used. It achieved some decent top speed and times, but was limited to 155, and I think they achieved 145ish (GPS measured) at top speed. It's competition were mostly cars with 200mph speedos however.
That skipping around is probably the DSC. Even in MDM, it still skips around a little.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #24
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
That skipping around is probably the DSC. Even in MDM, it still skips around a little.
I did not experience any DSC skipping in except a couple times when getting on throttle early in the turns in the infield section. I try real hard to drive in a way that it does NOT interfere.

The video is a little jumpy because the headrest mount is a piece of PVC piping. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I'm surprised you didn't get any rear end wiggle on the NASCAR banked turns. It happens in pretty much any car with DSC/MDM on.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
exmowner
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

Very nice turn-in on the lap following that m5! Thanks for the video!
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #27
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I'm surprised you didn't get any rear end wiggle on the NASCAR banked turns. It happens in pretty much any car with DSC/MDM on.

Some guys were indeed experiencing it on the bank and were expressing it in class. I have no idea. It might be speed or throttle position - but I was going through that faster than the guys that mentioned it. Maybe they were running stickier tires that may cause the dsc to go off? Maybe the ZCP actually does something that causes it not to?

I have no clue - next time I'll try something different each and see what the outcomes are.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #28
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Hot damn, you were going fast! LoL. Nice vid and good editing.
Appreciate 0