BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

08-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
CL65driver
Rep
Drives: ....

Fs: 2011 E92 M3 Zcp Dct Aw

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Up for sale is my barely driven M3. Due to a job change I no longer have the time to enjoy this car like it should be. Purchased off another forum member almost a year ago who also barely drove it.

Never been tracked and in excellent condition, currently garaged in a heated and cooled hangar and driven around my subdivision once a week. The first 6 months of ownership it was kept outside and unfortunately was the victim of a snow removal companies careless shoveling. I made a claim with my insurance company and had them repaint the bumpers and replace a piece of the shadow line trim that was scratched. Really disappointing since this car came from CA and has never seen snow until this past winter, but there's no rust and not a single dent in the car. The previous owners wife also unfortunately curbed 3/4 rims which I'll post pics up when I get home but other than that it's a very clean car.

PPI from when I bought the car and only put 3000 miles on it since then, I have some of the service records from the prior owner that I can email over as well to those who are interested. Microfilters changed 2 weeks ago and planing an oil service and brake fluid change which are both due just haven't had the time to get around to yet. Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires with less than 500 miles on them. All stock minus the previous owners cosmetic mods which including debadging the rear M3, adding the carbon wing, mirror covers, black grill and carbon side markers. Currently located in SW Chicago suburbs, message me here and we can plan a meet up, no tire kickers and price is firm. Any other questions just message me and I'll do my best to get answers and better pictures sent over.

This car has been spec'd with additional factory options which include:
Competition Package ($2,500),
Technology Package ($2,500),
Keyless Entry,
Navigation,
M Double-clutch Transmission ($2,900),
Carbon fiber interior trim ($500),
Heated Seats ($500),
Park Distance Control ($380),
Bluetooth ($750),
Satellite Radio capable ($350),
Enhanced Premium Sound ($1,900).
Carbon Fiber Roof

VIN WBSKG9C55BE369211

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by CL65driver; 08-26-2018 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: Added Vin
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      08-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #2
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

You posted good details about the unfortunate incidents, but not much about the build. I can see you have heated seats and probably Individual Audio, but everyone shopping is going to want to know all the particulars. You should post the VIN so people can look it up for themselves.

Where were those pics taken? Looks like Brookeridge.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
CL65driver
Rep

Quite the eye you have, that is correct it is Brookeridge, are you familiar with the area? Will update the thread, I've been so busy with work that I haven't had the most time to keep up with this ad. Thanks for the positive feedback!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
CL65driver
Rep

I’ve had some PM’s asking about the price.... it’s firm. I think it's fairly priced for the location and it’s condition. If you’re looking for something that’s going to be a collector or worth something down the road then you’d be better off spending another 5-10k on a lower mileage example. On the other hand if you’re trying to get into an M3 for sub 30k then you’ll probably have to find one with higher mileage than mine and those exist as well. As another poster told me it’s a decent price for the “right” buyer. If I don’t get asking price here in the next couple months I’ll just drive it through the winter and trade it in for a new car for my wife next year. I don’t have the time or patience to wheel or deal for $500-$1000 less offers, my time is more valuable than that so I’m willing to take an offer for less than that for the convenience of just trading it in to a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:51 PM   #5
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I 100% agree with you someone will pay you $30k for your mint E92 ZCP with 60k Miles.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 12:24 AM   #6
CL65driver
Rep

Thanks for chiming in Boof I’ve read a lot of your posts! I know I’ll take a healthy loss on trade in but I’ll probably drive the hell out of it and add a lot of miles on it if nobody scoops it up rather soon.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      09-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #7
CL65driver
Rep

I have a set of brand new Blizzak’s on Sport edition A7 rims, this is a standard Tire Rack combo that a lot of folks run that I’ll include if I get my asking price of $30k. Air filter just came in and oil should be changed here in the next couple weeks as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 09:40 PM   #8
CL65driver
Rep

Just a quick update in interest of possibly moving it before winter I'll accept $29,000 since it's a little more in line with what I think is a fair price from what I'm seeing on KBB and other ads for sale. With that being said I'm going to start driving it to work more often which will add roughly 250 miles a month until about mid Nov. From there it will be garaged and on winter tires and the trickle charger for occasional sunny day rides for coffee and a short cruise.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #9
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

I might have a serious buyer for you.

Question, the claim that was made on the car, does that show up in CarFax or AutoCheck as an accident? Only the front and rear bumpers were painted correct? All other panels are original with original paint correct?

How many total owners does the car have? Pics of rashed wheels? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #10
CL65driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAETD M View Post
I might have a serious buyer for you.

Question, the claim that was made on the car, does that show up in CarFax or AutoCheck as an accident? Only the front and rear bumpers were painted correct? All other panels are original with original paint correct?

How many total owners does the car have? Pics of rashed wheels? Thanks!
Thanks for passing the info along, just ran a carfax and it shows me as owner number 3, car has no accidents or damage reported. There is a recall that needs to be done which looks like the Takata Airbag recall so I'll have to bring it in for that when I get a chance. I'm currently away with work so when I get back I'll take some updated photos of the curb rash, I was meaning to do that but it slipped my mind so thanks for the reminder. Sorry third time editing this trunk had to be repainted as well since they said they could buff the scratch on the top off and I was not in agreement, I should still have all the paperwork of all the work that was performed, but it's in moving boxes from our move. It has the purchase order as well for the new trim that had to be purchased from BMW as well, I think that was almost $1000 to have replaced since no aftermarket piece exists. Also I noticed that your located in California... I just had someone from out of state ask about lowering the price even more since he would have to have it shipped and that's non negotiable at this point. Carfax shows it valued at $29,500 which I'm sure I could probably wait around for if I really wanted to but I'm not going to sit and meddle around with $500. Like I said earlier I'll just drive the hell out of it and put it up for a much lower price next year if it doesn't sell anytime soon. I also noticed that I failed to put in the original thread that my credit union holds the title, no biggie though I've bought and sold about 6 cars with them and it's very seamless. If the car does sell to someone in CA I can drive it out here since I'm here every week for work if that's an option for them.

Last edited by CL65driver; 09-10-2018 at 11:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 01:12 AM   #11
CL65driver
Rep

Bumping this up, still for sale after November it’ll go into winter mode. Plan to have the rims refinished if it gets to that point.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #12
CL65driver
Rep

Been a crazy busy month so I'm very sorry for the lack of promised updates. I'll start with what's been done to the car followed by some photos of the work. Besides my normal job I do side detail car's on occasion when the time permits so the M3 now being in my ownership for a year was due for a deep leather cleaning. When I first bought the car I used Leatherique's two part system, but I wanted to try something a little different and a little easier to work with. Sonax products have been in my detailing arsenal for years so I figured I'd give their Leather Cleaner Foam a try. The pictures don't do it justice, the leather is in immaculate shape especially for the mileage on the car! You'd think there would be a lot more wear than there is on the drivers side but it's not. So all leather in the car was treated from seats to door cards, shift boot, steering wheel and center armrest. I took side by side photos which look bad because they're on my iphone but the biggest take away is the flash glare from the greasy oily sides vs the clean side. After that I pulled all the floor mats out and gave them a good vacuum, light carpet clean using my Griots cleaner, and then treated with Gyeon Fabric to make them hydrophobic in case I need to take the car out during an inclement day. No photos of that since there's nothing really to be seen.

I put a line of tape down the middle to show the comparison. This was before the leather was even fully dry as well.

Drivers side door...

Notice how there's a lack of sheen from all the oils and dirt pulled out of there.

Next up on the list was to get rid of the cheap and ugly looking knock off side markers. I ordered a set of OEM gloss black ones from ECS and the look is clean and subtle compared to the old ones.

Now that we're fast approaching winter it's time to get the winter rims and tires ready for mounting. I don't drive the car in snow unless I absolutely have to which last year was a necessity until I got my garage and truck. If I had to guess the car had at best 500 miles of winter driving and maybe was in active snow 2-4 times. With that said the old tires originally on the car were worn out Michelin Pilot Super Sports so I figured since I can't drive a set of summer tires in winter now would be a good time to just buy a dedicated winter setup. Tire Rack has a great package with Sport Edition A7's in black finish and then I opted for Bridgestone Blizzak WS80's in 235/40/18. Background story on these tires, my wife's car and my own along with about 30 other cars in our neighborhood were involved in a string of tires being slashed by some punk teenagers. Good news in all of this?... it was just about to be spring time and I had insurance cover the cost of replacing the 3 on my car that were destroyed. So there's one tire that has about 500 or so miles and 3 brand new ones that will probably not even get driven that much for the next 5 or so months. I just had these mounted yesterday to the rims and will be putting them on the car here shortly, but before I do that I had to clean them up to my standards. First up was the tire from last year, I know it's going to sound insane but I clean out all the rocks stuck in the treads before mounting them, the snow tires tend to pick up tons of little gravel and it just bothers my OCD. So all tires get a quick rubber cleaning and then we move on to the rims. To help combat all the garbage on our roads I like to Ceramic coat my rims and this year I wanted to give CarPro DLux a try. I've used Carpro for years as well, but I always stuck with Gyeon for rim coating. First step is a chemical decontamination using Carpro Iron X and Tar X. The Tar X helped break down the old wheel weight glue from the new install. After that I followed it up with some good old fashioned mechanical decontamination using a clay bar and clay lube to get any last remaining bits of road grime off the rim. The final step before coating is an IPA wipe down to ensure the surface is completely bare and ready to accept the coating. Photos to follow.....

Last edited by CL65driver; 10-20-2018 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
CL65driver
Rep

I know it's insane but it makes me feel better knowing the sipes are all cleaned out for the season.

Pretty boring from here on out so here's the photos.

Before coating....

After a long day it's all done and it's clean and protected for the upcoming season. All that's left is allowing it to cure and then a layer of Carpro Reload as a sacrificial layer and a coat of Carpro Perl on the tires.

Now that it's finished it'll make future washes that much easier. Next up will be the summer set getting the same treatment after the winters are mounted. Once that happens I'll take some photos of the curb rash on them.

Next item of maintenance will be the oil change, rear diff fluid flush and fill, and brake fluid flush and fill. Ordered all the parts once again from ECS but I haven't had the chance to do it yet. I don't know what oil is in the car now but I will still try and send a sample off to Blackstone Labs to help alleviate any concerns over possible bearing issues.
This is looking like it'll be about 2-3 weeks out. I won't be home enough to get it done so it's on the calendar for my next set of days I'm off.

Last item is the windshield trim, the rubber is dry rotted a bit and I'm sick of looking at it and I know the future owner would be as well so a replacement piece has been ordered and will be installed.

My iphone photo skills suck, a lot of that has to do with my lighting but I'll start taking photos with my DSLR so that you can better see what I'm seeing it's just been very hard to stay posted on this for sale thread with how busy work has been.

I did take the car in to my local BMW dealer to have the Takata airbag and heater wire recall's performed, all paperwork is saved.

Last but not least and the part you all car about the most pricing. We almost traded the car in but the deal fell through at the last minute. When it was appraised it was noted that the car is in excellent condition and we were offered $27,000 as a trade in value. When you look at what that would offer as far as tax trade in it basically brought the car up to $28,700 and that was for the car just on summer rims and tires not including the now brand new practically winter setup plus nearly brand new summer tires so I won't be going lower than $29,000. There's no reason for me to negotiate the price lower with a private seller at this point so please don't waste either one of our times asking me what I'll take.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #14
CL65driver
Rep

Bumping this up, still haven't been back to IL to get the last bits of work done. Scheduled to start working on it around Nov 11/12 and hopefully at least get the oil and windshield trim done.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #15
CL65driver
Rep

Oil change and brake fluid flush done current mileage 65,811. Ran out of time to do the diff fluid change but hoping to get the windshield trim completed before I go back to work this week.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:37 AM   #16
CL65driver
Rep

Winter rim and tire package is on and took it out to a couple of family get togethers. Car now has 65,870 on the odo.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #17
CL65driver
Rep

66,056 on the odo now after a visit to a Porsche dealer. $28k on the stock OEM rims takes this car home with them.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 11:46 PM   #18
CL65driver
Rep

Just had the negative battery wire recall replaced 66,100 on the odo now.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #19
CL65driver
Rep

Just found a 911 that will be off the market in 3 weeks that I’d like to move on. For now the car is going down to $27k until then.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 06:59 PM   #20
CL65driver
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #21
Johnnyj525
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i