BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

EPS Bass Upgrade

Guys I have read extensively here on all the problems with the stereo systems in our fine cars. I have the same issue with dinky, embarrassing bass and muddled sound on my EPS. And forget about EQ settings. NOTHING makes it sounds good, period. I have tried every one outlined in the forums.

Anyhoot, It seems all of the suggestions for upgrades are a bit dated. What's new out there? Anyone found new underseat woofers that are killer, or a new amp that finally drives the sound to the performance we expected when we opted for EPS? I really don't want to sub out the trunk. There has got to be a way to make this shitty stereo work without doing the trunk upgrade. I am about to battle the dealer on this. Weird stuff in the CD player, too. For example, I loaded Springsteen's Human Touch and the screen says it's an Italian Pop singer's album! W>T>BLOODY>F, right?? Thanks in advance.
      07-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2018 Tesla 3 Perf

The Musicar upgrade seems like a popular solution here.
      07-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Musicar is current?

Just spent the last half hour in the car in the garage, tweeking. No doubt about it... right sub is blown or it's not getting power. Zero bass. I am thinking it's a power/channel issue as the whole right side sounds tin horn. Well, there's my starting point with the dealer tomorrow! Funny, I knew the stereo sounded like crap but didn't care. ANd music is a big part of my life...Just been listening to that sweet engine for 2 months!
      07-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Hate to say it but I wouldn't call Musicar "current" anymore. They were going to be my go-to upgrade shop because of these forums. Got my car now, EPS is missing everything under 100hz as was expected..

Email MusicarNW for quote? Check.

PM MusicarNW forum dude? Check.

Response? ...........

Not sure if they're even still in business. From what I gather the SWS-8x mids are what you want under the seats (either those or Jehnerts), then lots of options for a trunk sub (which you -will- need, btw). LC6i/2i and a JL amp ought to round it out. Really bummed that Musicar hasn't responded to me because their trunk sub box looks epic compared to their competition. Plus they sell it all as a package deal that is plug and play. This post is certainly not meant to bash, but some pre-sales customer service would be nice
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
1sexyfd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Hate to say it but I wouldn't call Musicar "current" anymore. They were going to be my go-to upgrade shop because of these forums. Got my car now, EPS is missing everything under 100hz as was expected..

Email MusicarNW for quote? Check.

PM MusicarNW forum dude? Check.

Response? ...........

Not sure if they're even still in business. From what I gather the SWS-8x mids are what you want under the seats (either those or Jehnerts), then lots of options for a trunk sub (which you -will- need, btw). LC6i/2i and a JL amp ought to round it out. Really bummed that Musicar hasn't responded to me because their trunk sub box looks epic compared to their competition. Plus they sell it all as a package deal that is plug and play. This post is certainly not meant to bash, but some pre-sales customer service would be nice
I have used MusicarNW in the past for my E92 M3 with EPS, a custom radar mount for my ash try and currently now an e46 m3 sub enclosure. It's a pretty small shop I only know of 2 guys that work there. I know they are pretty busy and extremely detailed oriented. I couldn't be happier with the way my projects have turned out.

Have you tried calling them? That was always my communication choice with them.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

I got to see and hear a Reus Systems upgrade at Bimmerfest (West) 2012. I was impressed with the quality of installation and most importantly, the sound.

I had Reus Systems upgrade my system. I am very happy with the results!
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinzo View Post
I got to see and hear a Reus Systems upgrade at Bimmerfest (West) 2012. I was impressed with the quality of installation and most importantly, the sound.

I had Reus Systems upgrade my system. I am very happy with the results!
Ok, I'll bite...what did you have done and how much was it?

I went to their website and it's pretty interesting, but there is no pricing info at all that I could find.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

IMO... the real limitation of the EPS is at the low and high ends.

Reus installed a sub-woofer, amplifier, swapped tweeters and installed a small center channel speaker in the back of the rear view mirror.

Certain folks might assert that Reus is too expensive, over charges for components, etc. For someone like myself that has no experience with car audio installation, I was going to have to pay someone to do the work. Seeing and hearing a Reus system first hand sealed the deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Ok, I'll bite...what did you have done and how much was it?

I went to their website and it's pretty interesting, but there is no pricing info at all that I could find.
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
2009e93m3
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 E93

I recently added a JL HD750/1 amp and 2 JL 10w6v2 subs in a custom enclosure in an e93. I'm using the Technic harness to LC2i. I find that the EPS setup sounds pretty good at higher listening volumes (mids and highs). It does sound pretty dead when you're not cranking it, though. My current dilemma has to do with my passenger side tweeter repeatedly blowing (crackling, popping, scratching) so I may need to look into aftermarket replacements, if it's not the EPS amp causing all the trouble. I'm going to take the car back to the dealer today or Monday again to see what they discover.
Appreciate 0