BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #2575
SAABMW
Rep
Drives: '73 Sonett

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
And if you see my car in LA/OC (cant miss the license plate!), be sure to honk so I can say my thanks!Ken
Wait. License plate, or just the frame? What does your license plate say? Did I miss something? Weren't you doing something in regards to a custom plate? Argghh, I can't remember!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #2576
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matyoka View Post
I don't see a feedback(Husker-Ebay account) left by Ken I really hope for a big-fat NEGATIVE!!!!
Did I mention I got a CSI call last week? I was told BMWNA would be calling me. Of course that never happened!

But as for the ebay negative feedback, I'm not so sure. Its pretty obvious how I feel about the entire incident, no question about that. As a seller myself, I just can't afford to get a retaliatory negative feedback. On ebay, I sell pieces of paper (tickets), sometimes well in advance of a event date where actual shipment may be months after payment. These transactions could easily go for a few thousand, so honesty, reputation and credibility is everything.
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #2577
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABMW View Post
Wait. License plate, or just the frame? What does your license plate say? Did I miss something? Weren't you doing something in regards to a custom plate? Argghh, I can't remember!
I was going to auction the plate name on ebay, but in the interest of bringing closure to all of this, I decided not to do that. However, the license plate will still remain a custom plate, name already chosen by me and ordered. its in good taste, and I think anyone who sees it will recognize it!
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #2578
foxman
Driver
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Congrats! Way to stick with it. Great story.

Quote:
Hey guys.

Im pretty beat so Im going to crash real soon. But before I do that, I 'll just update what happened today. Will post pics tommorow. I just got back from a 3 hour drive, and the car
now has 130 miles! (Left dealer @ 13) The car is absolutely fantastic!

I took PCH south today, and hopped onto the 110N so I could step on the gas a bit (cant help it). And step on it I did, what a response! But as soon as I do, 2 cars are
right on me. One, a S class passes me and keeps going. The other car keeps hanging around, checking out my car. I thought he wanted to race, but when I look over he is giving me mad thumbs up and rolling down his window, saying something like "congratulations". Wow, 1 minute on the freeway and somebody already recognizes the car. Amazing.

Here is what happened this afternoon.
I was eating lunch, when I received a call from Scott.
Scott: Car is at South bay
Ken: Wha?
I had no idea the car was coming today.The trucking company told me they would call 24 hours prior to delivery, that never happened. So I just figured the car would come in wed or thursday. No big deal, I was used to waiting,and as you all know, being disappointed was nothing new in this ordeal. So when I was told my car was being PDI'd, I couldnt believe it! Thats when it finally hit me....damn, this is for real this time! I think I finished my lunch like in 5 minutes.
And I was ready to take off immediately to South Bay, but I had a 3 hour meeting to attend later that day. You could imagine the temptation to just go, as South Bay BMW is only a few minutes away from where I Work. But after I finished up, I headed right over. Didn't even bother to call up Phillippe!(Sorry bout that!).

Im sure all of you have read Phillipe's earlier post, and all of it is 100% correct! I was blown away by the car. Phillipe and SOuth Bay BMW did an EXCELLENT job of cleaning the car
up, it was absolutely STUNNING. Props to them for that. And what a stickler to detail he is, guy is like a reporter, he pretty much captured everything! Oh, and its true that its been a while since I drove a manual, but it has all come back after the past few hours! (I'll prove that to you at the next car meet)

Some observations on the car.

The first thing I noticed when I started the engine was the bulge in the middle of the hood.
Damn, it really stands out!

FR -> I have no regrets with the Fox Red, its starting to grow on me. I initially had some reservations as some pics show the interior to be really red, but it isnt (Not that red is
bad). I am also starting to appreciate the FR/Aluminum combination, as its pretty unique.

I-Drive-> I had heard this was difficult to navigate, but it was the opposite for me. Found it much easier to navigate thru the knob over the touch screen of my Lexus.

Mats -> No mats! I had new lexus mats, so I threw those in. They look nice.

License plate frame -> frame is actually pretty solid, but very plain. I was hoping it would stand out, like a USC license plate frame. The insert with the HAG logo is nice though.

This car is an absolute beast. This is my first M car so I don't have a basis of comparison against past models, but its definitely nothing like my old E39 or IS350. All I can say is,
it was very painful to cut it off at 5500 RPMs,and I need to hurry up and schedule that 1200 mile service.

Thats all for today, I'll post pics tommorow.

Regards

Ken
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #2579
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Quote:
Did I mention I got a CSI call last week? I was told BMWNA would be calling me. Of course that never happened!

But as for the ebay negative feedback, I'm not so sure. Its pretty obvious how I feel about the entire incident, no question about that. As a seller myself, I just can't afford to get a retaliatory negative feedback. On ebay, I sell pieces of paper (tickets), sometimes well in advance of a event date where actual shipment may be months after payment. These transactions could easily go for a few thousand, so honesty, reputation and credibility is everything.
Told ya that Husker BMW would most likely scramble your contact phone number. You should call BMW NA and try to correct it. Have your VIN number handy as they most likely will ask for it.

Last edited by UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver; 04-13-2008 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #2580
SCHMEGGA
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjadude View Post
..... scroll back a few pages
If you would read the whole post rather than the little bit you did, then you would have realized the pics you are talking about were simply to fill in until he could get his other camera and take some real pics (as all of those were from his cell). He stated in his post that he would take more after his 4 hour meeting. Which he hasn't had time to do, because as stated in another post you may have not read yet, he is waiting to get tint on. So now that you are up to date maybe you will pay attention next time before you flame someone with your I'll chalk it up to the ganja. LOL.

So as stated earlier; and I will be a tad more specific this time for those who need it, "I'm ready for some pics. More specifically, real camera pics with the tint on."
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #2581
philippek
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Ive put on about 450 miles since Tuesday, and havent even bothered to pick up my IS350 from South Bay (Sorry Phillippe!).
Were you planning on picking that thing up? I sold it last week!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #2582
SCHMEGGA
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippek View Post

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #2583
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
You know what customer relations is all about, my friend. Unlike that place in Nebraska.

When I'm ready to retire my 330i I'll definitely be heading down to South Bay to buy a new version....
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #2584
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
You know what customer relations is all about, my friend. Unlike that place in Nebraska.

When I'm ready to retire my 330i I'll definitely be heading down to South Bay to buy a new version....
What's wrong with SM BMW?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #2585
Elisabeth
Rep
Drives: '03 Pontiac Grand Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemdbmw View Post
congrats ken,
i'm boycotting corn
What you should really boycott is steak. I'd bet money that the next steak you eat is a corn-fed cow from Nebraska. Sorry. ;(

Just dropped by to say congrats Ken, and see the many pictures. Couldn't resist delivering a little bad news on my way through. Iowa is actually the state for corn.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #2586
BobbieBrighto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW M5

i love the omaha steaks. we eat at least 1 weekly. they are so good.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #2587
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 01:25 AM   #2588
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver View Post
What's wrong with SM BMW?
http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums...6247485-1.html
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #2589
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

Ken, had to come back and post one more time in this epic thread to congratulate you. Glad to see it's in your hands now.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #2590
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMEGGA View Post
If you would read the whole post rather than the little bit you did, then you would have realized the pics you are talking about were simply to fill in until he could get his other camera and take some real pics (as all of those were from his cell). He stated in his post that he would take more after his 4 hour meeting. Which he hasn't had time to do, because as stated in another post you may have not read yet, he is waiting to get tint on. So now that you are up to date maybe you will pay attention next time before you flame someone with your I'll chalk it up to the ganja. LOL.

So as stated earlier; and I will be a tad more specific this time for those who need it, "I'm ready for some pics. More specifically, real camera pics with the tint on."

you got me lol ill also blame the ganja
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #2591
335destroyer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: black 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
This makes my blood boil. There is no doubt that this dealer would've honored this transaction had it sold it for the premium they desired. I would definitely take legal action merely on principle! You have a strong case. When you won the auction, you entered into a contract allbeit digital but just as binding as signing a paper contract. Also, make sure you take screenshots of the listing and the seller's feedback score while it's still there! Start making a file.

What a bunch of sleezeballs! They fucked up, they should take the $10,000+ hit and follow through. You learn from your mistakes. Honor the transaction and move on. This should be easier for a "multi-billion" dollar company

Keep us updated!

I'm going to go stick my head in the freezer now.

true that
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #2592
200mph
salaried tourist, BMWCCA, HMSA, NASA
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, M5, MGs, SpecE46racecar

Here are some strategies and tactics

Congrats on your new M3

I'm curious though, (and maybe I missed it in one of the posts)...

Did BMWNA ever make a real response or take a position on your situation ?

Did ebay ?

Glad this long tale had a happy ending, and that you had so much support from so many corners!

Last edited by 200mph; 04-17-2008 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 03:47 AM   #2593
1loudsti
Registered
Rep
Drives: e36 m3 psm gd STi

glad to see its over now, just so you know this story was found on bimmerforums and is on the STi forum now as well
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #2594
toddy33
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS250

Okay, Ken...let go of the steering wheel...

Pick up the nice camera....

Last edited by toddy33; 04-18-2008 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #2595
st08m3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

I have worked with eBay's Paypal division in some capacity and they do work closely with their "vendors" in cases to deal with these types of discrepancies. Most of the time it is cases where the buyer doesn't pay so take my previous comment with a grain of salt. Also, have you considered calling their local Better Business Bureau? My guess is you have a legal case unless the rules of eBay specifically state this is not a legally binding agreement (i haven't read the policies) but creating a bad public image for them locally will cause a lot more pain.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #2596
bud001
That Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330i (E90)  [0.00]
I went to my dealer today and spoke to my salesperson about the M3 (i want to see it in person). I LOVE the car. So while we are talking i told her about this story. She couldnt believe it and told me the dealer should never do anything of that sort.