BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lease SwApp
View Poll Results: What should be the outcome of the Palestinian statehood bid at the U.N. ?
Full U.N. membership 39 41.49%
"Non-member state" status 10 10.64%
Nothing at all. 45 47.87%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

05-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #89
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
P-Rex I agree with you 100%. I can see a moderate Iranian government coming in and trying to soften things up in teh region cause this is way too tense for everyone!
A moderate Iranian Government? Last I checked that does not exist.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #90
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
A moderate Iranian Government? Last I checked that does not exist.
Moderate is a matter of perception.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #91
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Great article and with a great video link

https://libertarianinstitute.org/art...-art-of-smear/
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #92
The0pportunist
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
It's amazing the ignorance in this thread already. People know nothing of the conflict or how the west actually caused it post ww2.
This^^^^^
Appreciate 2
1 AKY125.00
minn194062.50

11-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #93
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Anyone remember this guy..?
He seems quite liked and popular these days.

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/statu...993324546?s=21
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 01:19 AM   #94
Zugzwang
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

One day a pig or a chicken will cough and before you know it 90% of us will be gone along with those rwo countries. Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 01:07 AM   #95
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Good vote numbers at the UN

http://imemc.org/article/un-general-...e-resolutions/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 07:30 AM   #96
adc100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

The Palestinians Will never be recognized until they act human

Their armies are laughable Israel possesses nukes. Israel could wipe out Russia or China..(yes Israel would be destroyed). Until the Muslims stop listening to their leaders they are screwed. I have read the Qur'an cover to cover many times and studied it

The problem is the book shuns "unbelievers" and kills "evildoers" The leaders have changed it to hate all non Muslims.

Good luck to you guys
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #97
NormanConquest
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Should no longer exist the part near Egypt should merge with Egypt and so on.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 11:17 AM   #98
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
The Palestinians Will never be recognized until they act human

Their armies are laughable Israel possesses nukes. Israel could wipe out Russia or China..(yes Israel would be destroyed). Until the Muslims stop listening to their leaders they are screwed. I have read the Qur'an cover to cover many times and studied it

The problem is the book shuns "unbelievers" and kills "evildoers" The leaders have changed it to hate all non Muslims.

Good luck to you guys
Wow, so knowledgeable about Islam because you've read Quran from cover to back, Tell me was it the English translated for your convenience or you actually read the original Arabic version? What do you think we should do with all this hateful Muslims in your opinion?

How naive if you think the US supports Israel because they love Jews. West needs Israel to have a presence in the ME because of its resources not the affinity for the state of Israel. Take all the resources out of ME and see if west cares what goes on in the region...
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #99
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Airbnb does the right thing. Listings should not be allowed from illegal settlers and settlements

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...170452984.html
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #100
usshelena725
Silent Service
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E93

Garage List
I've been staying out of this thread due to it being such a hot topic, however, I do have some decent knowledge on the subject and have felt the need to address some of the comments here.

Why should the Palestinians get statehood? In reality, God gave the land of Israel to both the Jews and the Arabs:

The Creator God appeared to Abram, as he was known at the time, and made a promise: “To your descendants I will give this land” (Genesis 12; verse 7). You can’t get higher authority than that—greater than the militant Philistines, superior to the grand British Empire, senior to the United Nations—the Supreme God gave the land away.

Two vast peoples descended from Abraham’s two sons, Isaac and Ishmael. From Isaac came Jacob, also named Israel and from him 12 clans (or 13, depending on how they are configured). The Jews are the descendants of only one of those tribes, that of Judah. Further, the descendants of Ishmael are the Arabs.

Still today, the Jews constitute only a small percentage of the descendants of all of Israel. It’s true that God promised Israel that it would return to the land—but the promise is to Israel, that is, to all of the tribes, not just one. Read one of many promises to this effect: “ ‘Therefore do not fear, O My servant Jacob,’ says the Lord, ‘Nor be dismayed, O Israel; for behold, I will save you from afar, and your seed from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return, have rest and be quiet, and no one shall make him afraid’ ” (Jeremiah 30:10).

Think of the question in terms of a modern analogy. A man who has a dozen children dies and leaves his wealthy estate to all of them. If one or a few of the children lay claim to the entire estate, imagine the legal battles that would occur! So the true answer, is that the land belongs to all the descendants of Israel - both the Jews and Arabs. If somehow, someone could get them all to understand it was their land to share, then maybe we could stem some of this bloodshed.

There is a time coming when all of the modern descendants of ancient Israel (far more than just Jews) will recognize that they have failed to honor the obligations God imposed upon them. They will realize that they have to make some profound and fundamental changes in the way they live. It’s not a matter of being “good people.” It’s a matter of doing what God expects us to do—there’s often a big difference between the two.
      Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #101
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I've been staying out of this thread due to it being such a hot topic, however, I do have some decent knowledge on the subject and have felt the need to address some of the comments here.

Why should the Palestinians get statehood? In reality, God gave the land of Israel to both the Jews and the Arabs:

The Creator God appeared to Abram, as he was known at the time, and made a promise: “To your descendants I will give this land” (Genesis 12; verse 7). You can’t get higher authority than that—greater than the militant Philistines, superior to the grand British Empire, senior to the United Nations—the Supreme God gave the land away.

Two vast peoples descended from Abraham’s two sons, Isaac and Ishmael. From Isaac came Jacob, also named Israel and from him 12 clans (or 13, depending on how they are configured). The Jews are the descendants of only one of those tribes, that of Judah. Further, the descendants of Ishmael are the Arabs.

Still today, the Jews constitute only a small percentage of the descendants of all of Israel. It’s true that God promised Israel that it would return to the land—but the promise is to Israel, that is, to all of the tribes, not just one. Read one of many promises to this effect: “ ‘Therefore do not fear, O My servant Jacob,’ says the Lord, ‘Nor be dismayed, O Israel; for behold, I will save you from afar, and your seed from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return, have rest and be quiet, and no one shall make him afraid’ ” (Jeremiah 30:10).

Think of the question in terms of a modern analogy. A man who has a dozen children dies and leaves his wealthy estate to all of them. If one or a few of the children lay claim to the entire estate, imagine the legal battles that would occur! So the true answer, is that the land belongs to all the descendants of Israel - both the Jews and Arabs. If somehow, someone could get them all to understand it was their land to share, then maybe we could stem some of this bloodshed.

There is a time coming when all of the modern descendants of ancient Israel (far more than just Jews) will recognize that they have failed to honor the obligations God imposed upon them. They will realize that they have to make some profound and fundamental changes in the way they live. It’s not a matter of being “good people.” It’s a matter of doing what God expects us to do—there’s often a big difference between the two.
You have brought up a few great points. Two state solution so that each can live in their own state. Problem today is not the Palestinians not recognizing an Israli State but the Israelis not recognizing a Palestinian State. The other problem is that it is not the Palestinians that building illegal settlements and bringing in illegals ettlers from abroad to settle in them either but rather what the Israelis have been doing. The majority of the Israelis today are immigrants andnnot locals.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #102
usshelena725
Silent Service
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
You have brought up a few great points. Two state solution so that each can live in their own state. Problem today is not the Palestinians not recognizing an Israli State but the Israelis not recognizing a Palestinian State. The other problem is that it is not the Palestinians that building illegal settlements and bringing in illegals ettlers from abroad to settle in them either but rather what the Israelis have been doing. The majority of the Israelis today are immigrants andnnot locals.
You have to look at it from a biblical point of view, however, in that those who are coming in from elsewhere are not immigrants in the sense of the word if they are children of Israel. Also - I don't believe in a two state solution, I believe in a single state solution where all parties share it in equity.

This can never be achieved, however, until both side stop blaming each other, take responsibility for their actions, and work together to build a common government.

Your comments are obviously slanted against the Jewish population. The Palestinians have no more right to the land than the Jews do. They both have rights to it in the eyes of God.
      Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #103
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Here come all the lawsuits and anti-Semitic accusations lol..

Iran and Palestine need to pass similar Boycott laws and go after every company that makes doing business for them difficult

http://fortune.com/2018/11/19/israel...-bank-removal/
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #104
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
You have to look at it from a biblical point of view, however, in that those who are coming in from elsewhere are not immigrants in the sense of the word if they are children of Israel. Also - I don't believe in a two state solution, I believe in a single state solution where all parties share it in equity.

This can never be achieved, however, until both side stop blaming each other, take responsibility for their actions, and work together to build a common government.

Your comments are obviously slanted against the Jewish population. The Palestinians have no more right to the land than the Jews do. They both have rights to it in the eyes of God.
One state will be difficult if you are calling fornit to be recognized as a Jewish state. There are Jews,Christians and Muslims there. Not going to work with unequal and discriminative racist laws in place. Laws need to be equal and apply to everyone fairly regardless of religious beliefs
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #105
adc100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Wow, so knowledgeable about Islam because you've read Quran from cover to back, Tell me was it the English translated for your convenience or you actually read the original Arabic version? What do you think we should do with all this hateful Muslims in your opinion?
The version I read was one that was translated by Muslim Scholars. Do you think these learned scholars are unable to get it right? Maybe they are hiding the true meaning? WTF you are throwing words out without understanding what you are saying. Maybe you should learn English better..
I understand the Mid Eastern Culture. The people that blow airplanes, busses, and buildings up are not unrelated to the average Muslim who is very unsophisticated in core values and principles.. They are plain ignorant-not in the sense that they are dumb but to the sense they are again-unsophisticated.The Bible Old Testement really mirrors the Quran-same people-same settings-same stories. Not rocket science really. You probably didn't knbow that.

Quote:
How naive if you think the US supports Israel because they love Jews. West needs Israel to have a presence in the ME because of its resources not the affinity for the state of Israel. Take all the resources out of ME and see if west cares what goes on in the region...
You are very ill-informed my friend. U.S.interests in the Jews goes back way before you were born. As a matter of fact true Christians love the Jewish people, their spirit, their tortured history, and their hopeful future. Many Christians believe the Jews' prophecies. [disclaimer-I don't buy it all-but I do understand it bc I have made an effort to understand it.]

The U.S. does support Israel bc yes they believe as we do. We want a stable Mid-East bc it helps us and all of our alllies. Countries like Iran, Syria, and their Gorilla Pawns (Palestines) don't care about stability- they just want to kill kill people.

There was a time..Centuries ago when the Muslim World was truly advanced-in the sciences, arts and philosophy. That came crashing down with the advent of hate.

But again the Muslioms will always be sucking hind tit to the Jews bc they believe as you. You should truly try to educate yourself my friend-But I suspect you won't.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #106
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

How on earth could there be a 1 state solution with Zionist religious extremists running the government? As if there would be no bias,hypocrisy,double standards or certain rules and laws for Jews and non-Jews as there are now. The mentioned above would lead to incitement which would lead to chaos and disputes. Look below at who influences government decisions in the middle of the night.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...says-1.6662868
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #107
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

We need a strong alliance in the region. Too bad our media only covers antisemitism committed against Jews in mosques here not abroad and attacks on Israel. Doesnt fit the left agenda just like gun violence only counts if its white kids killed by assault rifles.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:19 AM   #108
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Yes, because when they eventually fck up again it's going to be considered and act of war from another sovereign which will afford Israel plenty of justification in their response. Palistanians won't be able to play their "we're stateless victims" card.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:23 AM   #109
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Is it only ok to boycott Palestinian and Iranian businesses but anti-Semitic and illegal to Boycott illegal Israeli businesses profiting from illegal settlements in Palestine on Palestinian Territories stolen from Palestinians?? Let’s see what the puppet leader in America does about this as he receives orders from his masters about this issue. My guess is that he Will do everything to please his masters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1NP19W
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:41 AM   #110
usshelena725
Silent Service
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Is it only ok to boycott Palestinian and Iranian businesses but anti-Semitic and illegal to Boycott illegal Israeli businesses profiting from illegal settlements in Palestine on Palestinian Territories stolen from Palestinians?? Let’s see what the puppet leader in America does about this as he receives orders from his masters about this issue. My guess is that he Will do everything to please his masters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1NP19W

How exactly, is it stolen land?