BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Steve Thomas BMW

09-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #23
TigerTater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP

Nice content man!

Now change that shift knob to something you can actually appreciate the 6mt with!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 08:59 PM   #24
TigerTater
Private First Class
Rep

Nice content man!

Now change that shift knob to something you can actually appreciate the 6mt with!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 02:17 AM   #25
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Suspence
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpewpew View Post
So much better with no stickers
haha, thanks. I agree, it looks really clean now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotE46M View Post
Welcome to the boards, been watching your video on youtube for a while.
Thanks! I've been posting here since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Good to see you on here Spencer :-)
Hey man! Thanks . I go way back with these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzyo View Post
Amazing build
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 02:18 AM   #26
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
Nice content man!

Thanks dude! What do you recommend? I want to change it to CAE, but waiting for a few things.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #27
TigerTater
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspence View Post
Quote:
Nice content man!

Thanks dude! What do you recommend? I want to change it to CAE, but waiting for a few things.
I did a zhp knob retrofit with the stock light installed also changed the boot out to a coby wheels alcantara with tri stitch. Another option is the f10 m5 knob and just pull it out of the stock boot. Do a search and those options should pop up on here.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #28
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I did a zhp knob retrofit with the stock light installed also changed the boot out to a coby wheels alcantara with tri stitch. Another option is the f10 m5 knob and just pull it out of the stock boot. Do a search and those options should pop up on here.
I have the ZHP knob. I like the feel of the added weight but it's either because I'm short or because how I hold the shifter, my elbow will bang into the arm rest if I don't chick wing my right arm.

I'm looking into getting one of these: http://www.raceseng.com/circuit-cyli...mw-shifter-arm
      09-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #29
slicer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Cool videos. Now splash some leatherique on that interior! BMW leather is supposed to be matte not gloss.
'13 AW E92 M3 - Ohlins TTX, SPL Susp Arms, AP Racing BBK (Essex), Cobra Seats w/BK Mount, Akrapovic GT4, CSF Cooling, VPhreaks Bat, OE M3 GTS - Lip/RSD/Cage, M235ir Wing, Varis Diffuser, Karbonius Airbox, BBS E88
'17 MR F31 M-Sport - BBS LM, H&R Springs
'Instagram - @slicer_m
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #30
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3-SG-FR-DCT

Nice car with quality parts it seems.

Personally the look of LeMans Blue with silver wheels is stunning. I would have loved to see the car without the wrap + the Apex's with some spacers to fill out the fenders. I know you and others have said they look a bit small on the car, but 8mm front and 12mm rear spacers would help that out drastically. The 20" Forgestars look enormous on the car and give it a 4x4 look IMHO.

While PS4's are hardly a true "track tire", I would definitely get some track days under your belt before moving on to your "future plans list" so you can learn the car in its "stock form" first. Also, make sure you use upgraded rod bearings at SSR and not just OEM bearings which will just cause the issue to reoccur in the future!

Good luck with the build!

2011 E90///M3 | Space Grey | Fox Red | DCT | ZCP | Slicktop
APEX | BIMMERWORLD | COBY WHEEL | CORSA | H&R | MACHT SCHNELL | PEDALHAUS
2014 F15 X5 | Space Grey | M-Sport

Last edited by M3ANMACHINE; 09-27-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #31
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh that's awesome. I may have to try that for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasghetti View Post
I have the ZHP knob. I like the feel of the added weight but it's either because I'm short or because how I hold the shifter, my elbow will bang into the arm rest if I don't chick wing my right arm.

I'm looking into getting one of these: http://www.raceseng.com/circuit-cyli...mw-shifter-arm
I'll check it out, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Cool videos. Now splash some leatherique on that interior! BMW leather is supposed to be matte not gloss.
I need to! That's a good idea, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Nice car with quality parts it seems.

Personally the look of LeMans Blue with silver wheels is stunning. I would have loved to see the car without the wrap + the Apex's with some spacers to fill out the fenders. I know you and others have said they look a bit small on the car, but 8mm front and 12mm rear spacers would help that out drastically. The 20" Forgestars look enormous on the car and give it a 4x4 look IMHO.

While PS4's are hardly a true "track tire", I would definitely get some track days under your belt before moving on to your "future plans list" so you can learn the car in its "stock form" first. Also, make sure you use upgraded rod bearings at SSR and not just OEM bearings which will just cause the issue to reoccur in the future!

Good luck with the build!
Thank you! Yeah, I bought the car with the love for the interlagos blue color, but as time went on I was able to wrap the car with some sponsorship deals. I do have the spacers from Apex for the 18 inch wheels for the track. I'm really happy with the 20's because a lot of people aren't running them, and the concavity is what I love the most. It's not for most people, but I'm a fan of standing out.

I will definitely check out some new tires and the rod bearings. I appreciate it a lot!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 07:48 AM   #32
tonybro
Rep
Drives: BMW

Nice Work.....
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 01:14 AM   #33
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I signed a deal with DPE wheels. Put on a set of FlowTech 20x10.5 in gloss black all around. Pretty nice setup!

Last edited by Suspence; 11-22-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 01:21 AM   #34
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

A few shots with my bigger camera.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 01:22 AM   #35
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I also tinted my windows with Llumar heat rejection window tint. I did 15% all around with 50% windshield tint. Here's the video I made -

Here's a video of the new wheels going on.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #36
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I haven't had the chance to update this as much, but I just wanted to stop in and share some content that I've made over the last few months, along with future plans. Above it looks like the last time I had posted was when my car was orange. I unwrapped it and wrapped it blue, also replaced my rod bearings.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #37
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

We had one last fun photoshoot with my car before we unwrapped it. My new friend picked up a Lamborghini Superleggera in almost the same color, so we shot around Corona del Mar and Newport Beach. Really cool guy and he's about a year younger then me and he's making some big money on Amazon. I think he's 25.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #38
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Unwrapped the car and wrapped it in "Blu Cepheus" blue (baby blue). VERY stoked on the outcome. Here's the reaction video and some photographs.

The last 3 colors I've had.

My reaction -

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #39
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

At some point, I decided that since I was no longer really taking photography as serious as I used to, I wanted to change my plate. I have been on YouTube for almost 11+ years now and I realized I focused a lot more on video. I went to DMV website and tried VLOGGER, but it was taken, so I tried "VLOG"... and it was like "What's your payment method?", lol. So I bought it as fast as I could in the black and yellow plates. Three months later it arrived! Happy with how it managed to stay centered and has a funny look to it when you see it.

I was formally known as "@Thatphotographer" on Instagram a long time ago, but I change my name to just @spencerberke. I had shot for a bunch of exotic car dealerships for about seven years (Lambo, Bugatti, RR, Bentley and McLaren). But I quit to start my own marketing company and now I have a lot of time to film more for YouTube/IG/Social Media Marketing.

I've partnered up with about 10 different companies. We put on new spacers and Apex wheels. I wanted to get my sponsors a ton of content for their pages, so I found 10 local photographers and we all went out to shoot my car. The best shot won $100 bucks. We had a super fun time.

Last edited by Suspence; 05-17-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #40
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Now that my car is just about to hit 100,000 miles, we replaced the rod bearings, motor mounts, transmission fluid, diff fluid, oil, etc. I documented the entire process to show what really goes into this type of engine work. The car feels MUCH better and I feel pretty confident now driving around.

I was SUPER lost about why in all my comment sections people were freaking out about the fact that I haven't done my "rod bearings" yet... So I go on YouTube and search over and over... I found a few decent videos, but nothing that REALLY shows and explains WHY these cars have this issue, why 2011's are aluminum over copper in 2008... why you do this, why you do that, etc.

I teamed up with SSR Performance in Orange County to have them to my rod bearing service. I know the owner, Shah, can jump in and help with any questions because I'm VERY new to the engines in these cars.

I have been talking to VFEngineering about doing their super charger, but they said they didn't recommend it before I had done the rod bearing service. So now that it's complete, it's time for a SC very soon on top of a few other things. ANYWAYS.

Here's the three videos. The first video shows the car being taken apart, talking about the shop, basic stuff, showing and explaining what we're doing.

The second video shows the results of the rod bearings and then putting the new ones in.

The third video is the podcast/interview with the shop owner and the main tech there who understands everything from what I can see. They explain the details of why/what/who/where rod bearings.

I hope that THIS helps ANYBODY who wants SUPER detailed stuff about rod bearings. This is why I did this, to help anybody who needed literally every detail with a good camera, good format and just executed all together.

Enjoy!

Episode 1.

Episode 2.

Episode 3.

Here's all the photos that I took on my iPhone just for fun to document. I post a lot on my Instagram as well.

www.instagram.com/spencerberke
www.instagram.com/spencerberkegarage
www.instagram.com/berkemarketing

Here's a batch of photos from the day as well.

And that's it! The car actually feels very different. It idles better, the car drives stronger, it sounds better... louder, deeper. It's crazy. I had done transmission fluids, diff fluid, all new oil, rod bearings, and motor mounts. VERY happy. I have to say... the team at SSR Performance did an insane job. The team, the experience, all of it was just perfect. I had so much fun.

I hope this helps anybody out there in any kind of way!!!!

If anybody is interested, here's all the pics on my flickr - www.flickr.com/spencerberke

And the videos were filmed on a Canon 80D and 70D with wide angle lenses/Rode Mic.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #41
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

After the rod bearings, I had been talking to Eibach Suspension. They had me come out for a full tour of the facility, along with some new sway bars. They completely changed the feeling of the car and I had the chance to see how they were made. Blown away by the process. Here's the two episodes I filmed.

Last edited by Suspence; 05-17-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #42
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The last few months I've just been enjoying the car, having some fun, working mostly on my business. I haven't had a chance to really do much. I recently moved out of my office back home to save some $ and put it towards my team to help build us up. Still working a lot on the car for fun, but we have some serious stuff planned for the next few months. Here's a few random catch up photos.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #43
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

After settling back into my home office, I decided that I wanted to go all out. I have been working with some really good companies as sponsors and partners. So the first step this month was to re-do the sound system. My client Newport Auto Sound wanted to do some work on my car partnered with Audison Hertz. We managed to replace all 12 speakers in the car with an upgraded amp and two subs under each seat. The car sounds amazing.

I'm currently working on the Vlog now, but here's the photographs.

Newport Auto Sound is offering some serious discount if you need something audio related. They're located in Costa Mesa, CA. You can check them out www.Instagram.com/newportautosound. I will upload the video as soon as I can!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #44
Suspence
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The sound system was replaced on Monday. After that, I took the car over to Studio RSR in Anaheim for a custom roll cage. It will be #1 for the E90 series from them. They make a ton of cages for so many cars, but my E90 apparently will be the first of the series which I'm stoked on. They should be done with the cage in the next few days. Just anxiously waiting to get that text that it's ready .

I can't sleep at night! Haha, I'm so excited to get the car back. The plans for the car is to have it as my daily, but have a track/spec/unique look and feeling. The bright colors, cage, mods are great for my YouTube channel to document and have content. I'm very thankful for the partners on the build so far!!
Appreciate 0