BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

05-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #23
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
In order to avoid the import tax you have to register the car and drive it for an unspecified distance (Pentagon car sales says 500miles).

Perhaps you could work around this with a POA.

A POA for a buddy in Germany can take delivery, register the car, drive it for a little while (if you trust him), and then drop it off for shipping. With a copy of your deployment orders you may be able to find a way around this?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #24
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Hey guys I need some clarification here....

I am in the USMC and deploying in a couple of months for six months in Iraq but I thought military sales only worked if I got the car delivered oversees? For example, if I was stationed in Germany or England. I couldnt make that work with my deployment. Is it possible to order the car while in Iraq and then have it delivered in the US? I could really use some break down on this issue because I basically wrote off this possibility...

Jason
      05-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #25
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92, 1986 325e 2021 X5 40i

Stateside Delivery

Yes,
I ordered a car from Pentagon Car Sales while deployed. They then built it during the week that I requested and shipped it to my local BMW dealer in California. I picked it up a week after I got back. Full US warranty, no problems.
The dealer took my MSRP window sticker off because it was $7,995 less than the other identical cars on the lot. Shippping was I think $1,900 but I might be wrong.
I did all the paperwork over the internet.
I plan to do it again because I got the axact car i wanted, when I wanted it at a discount.
Rumor is the deal for those assigned to Iraq is even better, but you'd have to ask someone who did it from there.
If you go to BMW military sales website, there is a dropdown list of contacts depending upon where deployed.
Keep your head down. God Bless and Godspeed home.

Last edited by guardodoc; 05-16-2007 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: error
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #26
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Awesome, I will make some calls and get it figured out. Did you call anyone before you left or is better to call while I am there?

Jason
      05-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #27
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Stateside delivery

Jellis, My sales guy was terry haverty in Germany He's english so no communication problems. You can contact him at terry.haverty@pentagoncarsales.com if he can't help you he'll refer you to a dealer who can. I'd do the contract paperwork as soon as you get your orders. You need to send them a copy to verify that you are eligible. That way you can get in line for a production date of your choice. Last time I did it military and diplomatic sales had priority.
I'm waiting for the DCT and looking for a build date in November 2008, but doing the paperwork now.
I live next to camp pendleton so i my pass you on the freeway near Basilone Road.
P.S. I had mine delivered to Continental in Oceanside and they were great to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #28
jonerik26
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: black 335i e90 PRE-LCI

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
1998 Acura Integra  [8.50]
2006 325i  [8.00]
no way?!?!? if that's for real. i can now afford one
      05-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #29
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Jellis, My sales guy was terry haverty in Germany He's english so no communication problems. You can contact him at terry.haverty@pentagoncarsales.com if he can't help you he'll refer you to a dealer who can. I'd do the contract paperwork as soon as you get your orders. You need to send them a copy to verify that you are eligible. That way you can get in line for a production date of your choice. Last time I did it military and diplomatic sales had priority.
I'm waiting for the DCT and looking for a build date in November 2008, but doing the paperwork now.
I live next to camp pendleton so i my pass you on the freeway near Basilone Road.
P.S. I had mine delivered to Continental in Oceanside and they were great to deal with.
So I guess my other question is regarding the fact that the M3 is not going to officially go on sale in the US until March at which time I will already be back from my 6-7 month deployment. Can I still order for a build date that is after my deployment? Thanks for all the help so far. I will contact Terry.

Jason
      05-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #30
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

stateside

Yes, you can place the order while deployed and have it built at a later date. That's what I'm doing. The $49,900 price is an estimate. They will take a $3,000 deposit via credit card at that time. When the actual military sales price is released, if it exceeds the estimated, then you can cancel the order if you like and get the deposit refunded. Otherwise you pay the remainder by cashiers check (before they build it). If you are financing and that falls through you also can get a full refund. It's all in the contract.
I like the program and highly recommend it. I have done it twice. I actually changed the color on one about 3 weeks prior to build date.

By the way, the base price is discounted but the options are not. So for example the military base price may be 10% less, but the options are all full price. So a stripped version is a better deal. The more options you add, the less the final percentage discount will be.

As you know a lot of so cal dealers add $10K-15K "market adjustment " to the hot new models. So overall you'll probably save 10K at least.

If you can figure out how to register it in a state with no sales tax, then you really score.

I'm gonna order a stock version with only sirius and logic 7.
I'd like to delete the shark fin antenna if I can. But we'll see if it's standard.

I understand the shark fin holds antennas for BMW assist and bluetooth. Niether of which I want.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #31
JEllis
Major General
Rep

I am with you. I also want a stripped down version. Sirius is a must for me and a jack for my IPOD are all I really need. I used to think about waiting for the DSG but I realized I would miss shifting and I dont care about shaving off .2 seconds from my 0-60 time.

Yeah evading the markup is probably the best part. If that was the only perk of the deal then it would still be worth it!!!

Thanks for the help. I emailed Terry. I will probably have my orders in hand in a couple of months and then its game on!!!

Jason
      05-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #32
Hossam
Private
Rep
Drives: 323Ci

Question

Are military personel allowed to sell the car right away or is there a no period?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #33
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

flipping: don't ruin it

You are expected to purchase the vehicle for your own use. Although there is no way to enforce this, if you try to purchase another one they will enquire as to if you sold the first one.
It's a good will program for overseas military offered by BMW. The best way to end the program would be to have military take advantage of it by speculating on cars and selling them.
You probably wouldn't make a profit anyway, due to the immediate depreciation and registration fees.
I wish I would have bought a Z8 thru military sales. Those things have retained their value like no other car I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 01:11 AM   #34
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardodoc View Post
You are expected to purchase the vehicle for your own use. Although there is no way to enforce this, if you try to purchase another one they will enquire as to if you sold the first one.
It's a good will program for overseas military offered by BMW. The best way to end the program would be to have military take advantage of it by speculating on cars and selling them.
You probably wouldn't make a profit anyway, due to the immediate depreciation and registration fees.
I wish I would have bought a Z8 thru military sales. Those things have retained their value like no other car I've seen.

the diplomatic bmw sales program allows only 1 car per person per year. if the military sales program operates in the same fashion, and i suspect it does, you wouldn't be able to purchase another car for a year if you tried to sell your first for a profit. not exactly a quick way to make a buck.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 01:25 AM   #35
jabiyrmlia
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
NewB,
Just curious. If the production starts in January, why does it take until March for delivery when you're in germany?
P.S. I bought a 2006 650i through Pentagon Car Sales and was very happy. There is a shipping charge to get it to the U.S. as well as import taxes and for me California use tax of about 7%. So my 650i price was $67,450 quoted but $72, 500 after all the other costs.
guardodoc, I'll have to confirm, but I believe that's just the time it'll take to get the cars built and trucked to this particular location...again, I'll have to double check. I'm sure that since it's about a 5-8 hour drive from any two points in Germany it will turn out being sooner than March. (München is about 4 hours) I know we can also delay our shipment, which I will more than likely do. I don't really like the idea of picking up the new M3 in the middle of the winter.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #36
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6spd, Cayman GTS 4.0

Quote:
Yes, you can place the order while deployed and have it built at a later date. That's what I'm doing. The $49,900 price is an estimate.
So that pretty much means that there's no more factual basis for this price than any other estimate floating around. And I got my hopes up too...
      05-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #37
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

hmmmmm

im going to call my guy here soon. and get more details for everyone who would like to use this program.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #38
JEllis
Major General
Rep

I have been emailing him and the 49,900 is the confirmed estimate they are using. I dont imagine that will fluctuate by more than 5K. Most likely they are very close to being right. Thanks for the help guys.

Jason
      05-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #39
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedg35 View Post
does this sound right. i contacted pentagon car sales in regards to pricing for a 335i and got an offer for $37,050 which is a great deal. then i asked about the 2008 M3 and got a quote of $49,900 with production start in the spring of 08 for advanced order.

this seems like a sweet deal and is seriously makin me considering the wait. what do you guys think?

remember this is military special.

:rocks:
Please leave us allone with this US military BS! Getting an M3 for f***ing half price doesn't make you any more popular over here...
:mad:
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #40
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I ain't US military. I wasn't even born in the US...But what the f*** is your problem? As if European governments don't use subsidies. Don't read the thread if you don't find it relevant. I thought the discussion was interesting although I won't benefit from US military pricing. Leave politics out of this. I am sure there are other forums where you can voice your political views.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #41
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

I was deployed to Fallujah last year and placed my deposit through Superior Motors. Thinking the price may not be exactly the same from each military direct sales agency; I also investigated a deposit through Pentagon with Terry. In my experience Angela at Superior had much better customer service and she earned my business in the end. As I understand it, there have been no confirmed price points at this time. The direct pricing seems to have a 5-8% projected increase though I am not sure how they are coming up with these numbers. Hopefully anyone who uses this option will have a car sooner than waiting on a list at a dealer, though who knows how the build dates are assigned? Who also knows if we could get a delivery date this fall instead of the spring with other US cars? The only thing known for sure is the final price will be below MSRP. Also, I thought the options were discounted as well. Here is her email and the Internet address for Superior. For any member who is deployed / deploying, stay safe and feel free to contact me for questions. I will certainly fill you in on my experience!

angela@superiormotorsmsp.com

http://www.superiormotorsmsp.com/bmw/index.htm

P.S. Ignore the jackass flamebait post.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #42
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
haha I think the Army commercial should just advertise BMWs and promote the military rate.
      05-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #43
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

The military price has always been lower than the ED and obviously MSRP.
If these numbers are correct then, we should expect the MSRP to be between the mid $50K to the high end of the $50K region.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #44
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Wow, this makes me so happy for our men and women in the military. You guys deserve every bit of discount and more! Great news.

Stay safe and I hope you are home enjoying your cars soon.
Appreciate 0