BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

01-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
KillerM5
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Warning, Don't Do Business With Anthony Chu

Guys, I havent been on this board as much, mainly on M5board.com, but pop in every now and then to see whats happening in the M3 world but now that Ive moved on from my M5 and am now looking to pick up an M3 Ill be much more active. With that said I feel like I should warn all members here about a horrible experience Ive had with a guy in CA who did some work on my E60 head lights. Here is my post on M5board for all of you to take a look at. Hopefully this saves someone here from dealing with this guy and putting up with the BS that I had to.

To give you the timeline, my lights were originally shipped to Anthony in Nov. of 2012

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...thony-chu.html

Before you comment on this thread I would ask you to read my previous thread.

Has Anyone Heard From Anthony Chu????

In summary I sent my Pre-LCI head lights to Anthony Chu last November for the typical mods (V2s, Black Out, White LED Eyebrows and Amber delete). I also had the rings that surround the HID's painted to match my mirrors, scoops and calipers. They were painted by my local paint shop not by Anthony. About 6 weeks into the build Anthony called me and asked me if I wanted to upgrade my lenses, I agreed understanding it would add a couple weeks to the build. Shortly after that Chris from Republic Wraps rolled out some amazing CF housings so Anthony called me and asked me if I wanted to try the same thing on my lights at no additional cost. He wanted to be the first to do a Pre-LCI set so my lights would be the test mule. Ok fine, how long I asked. Only a few more weeks. After 3 failed attempts I called it off and asked him to reassemble my lights and ship them to me. Then after a couple more months of delays, excuses and poor communication Anthony informs my that my housings were damaged by the guy laying the CF and he would have to source a new set. A couple months later Anthony tells me the white LED boards for the eyebrows are no good and he has to make new ones. That was almost 2 months ago. Now its Oct 1, almost 11 months later and I still dont have my lights. It has taken so long that i have sold my M5 so now I wont even get to enjoy such an awesome mod. I dont know how anyone else would feel if they were me but I am completely frustrated and am at a complete loss. Oh yeah, one more minor detail. Anthony has already been fully paid!!!

Please feel free to add comments and responses but PLEASE be civil. At this point I simply want to tell my story and warn other members that work hard for their money and want to make sure they get the service and product they deserve.

Anthony, when you read this just understand I gave you plenty of warning and time to complete the project. The ball was in your court, now I had no choice but to go public.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Wow you waited 11 months before doing anything? I would have requested my money back + my headlights on the second month, you are a very patient customer. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
KillerM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Wow you waited 11 months before doing anything? I would have requested my money back + my headlights on the second month, you are a very patient customer. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Yeah too patient. Ultimately the lights came back useless, no bulbs, wrong size rings so they came loose, bad wiring, bad paint quality etc.... the guys wasted my time, destroyed a pair of lights and stole my $$$. The hard part is he is in CA and Im in WA and the cost of chasing him around and taking him to court is not worth it. Lesson learned. I simply want to try to prevent anyone else from dealing with the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Definitely lesson learned. So your M5 sat for 11 months without headlights? You paid him before any work was done?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
KillerM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Definitely lesson learned. So your M5 sat for 11 months without headlights? You paid him before any work was done?
I purchased a second set of lights so no the M was still on the road. And yes I paid up front, I know not smart!!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
scutts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92M 6mt

That blows...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
tommy94gt
Captain
Rep
Drives: SMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
+1. In some cases you just cant be too nice..

Karma is a biatch though. He'll get his.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

WoW....some people need their shit kicked in. That's completely unacceptable. On EVERY LEVEL.

Thanks for posting and warning the rest of us! It's appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Lessons learned I guess. If you were willing to ship your lights anyway, why not go with a reputable company like OSS in Florida or oneeighty in NY? Paid up front and waited almost a year to do anything about it?

Hard to feel any sympathy, but thank you for the warning.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #10
KillerM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
Lessons learned I guess. If you were willing to ship your lights anyway, why not go with a reputable company like OSS in Florida or oneeighty in NY? Paid up front and waited almost a year to do anything about it?

Its a good thing Im not asking for your sympathy.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #11
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

also do NOT do biz with Condor3 aka Lin Richards.

He sold a bunch of people the same products and never delivered. Luckily Paypal reversed most of the payments. You just have to catch the scam early.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
Koldun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerM5 View Post
Its a good thing Im not asking for your sympathy.
Exactly right, which is why I thanked you for the warning. If you were asking for sympathy, I would have been mocking you relentlessly.

For future reference, go with OSS, LightModz, or OneEighty.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
ChallengeM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
Ouch. He just wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. We were all naive at one point. Lessons like this are what make us grow more and more cautious in the future.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #14
KillerM5
Private
Rep

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengeM View Post
Ouch. He just wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. We were all naive at one point. Lessons like this are what make us grow more and more cautious in the future.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #15
KillerM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
OP don't worry about the pricks on here. We appreciate the heads up.
I learned a while ago there are all types on boards like these. I appreciate your support. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #16
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

How do scammers sleep at night? There's got to be something a bit wrong with your head to pull this kind of thing on people.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #17
KillerM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
How do scammers sleep at night? There's got to be something a bit wrong with your head to pull this kind of thing on people.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #18
grantmax
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Sorry to hear about the scam OP. Sounds like Anthony should be ... chu-ed out.

@Edward - You never had me. You never had your pre-LCI lights.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #19
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmax View Post
Sorry to hear about the scam OP. Sounds like Anthony should be ... chu-ed out.

@Edward - You never had me. You never had your pre-LCI lights.

Strong heads up thank you OP
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #20
nicebraces
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3/'14 Cayenne Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun

^^ +1 ... Luis at OSS in Miami, FL is the best!!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #21
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

The most relevant question is who the EFF is anthony chu? Nobody as far as I can tell. Personally, I wouldn't be sending my stuff to guys with no reputation. In fact I would insist on an immaculate reputation. Not to say that this is your fault. He still had an obligation to do right by you. But this is a lesson learned for everyone thinking about working with no-names. Don't.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
Koldun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The most relevant question is who the EFF is anthony chu? Nobody as far as I can tell. Personally, I wouldn't be sending my stuff to guys with no reputation. In fact I would insist on an immaculate reputation. Not to say that this is your fault. He still had an obligation to do right by you. But this is a lesson learned for everyone thinking about working with no-names. Don't.
This is the same sentiment I expressed, which apparently makes us assholes.
Appreciate 0