BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #23
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
Those numbers are about right for a mustang dyno. My stock car dyno'd at 318.

Thanks Nawazz for this work. This definitely helped my decision. I've always thought an increase in 50 bhp/tq and 100 lbs weight loss would make this car perfect. This looks absolutely obtaining now.

This is really all the power I'm looking for.

Does the car exhibit the low RPM dip that seem to plague members running full exhaust with hi-flo cats or no cats?

If so, is it noticeable?

Does the car feel and drive like stock across the entire RPM range but with more more throughout? Would love to get your thoughts on how the car drives now.
Hi Michael,

Honestly, I need more drive-time to really understand the dips that you're talking about.

One thing is sure, I really and truly missed my Evo IX MR before I got my M3. I missed it most because of that RIP that the Evo gave you right after you hit the 3k rpm mark. It was a HUGE, VIOLENT rush of power once the turbo kicked in. I had basic bolt-on's on that Evo, such as: Full catless exhaust system, ebc, air filter, and a reflash.

Now, I can say that my M3 has gained back that 'RIP feeling' that I missed so dearly. Now, it ABSOLUTELY JUST PULLS AND RIPS SO HARD, SO CONSISTENTLY ALL THE WAY TO REDLINE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!

I don't think I'll miss my Evo any more.

Last edited by Nawaaz; 11-16-2009 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #24
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
Nawaaz - the results from the Mustang dyno are impressive.

If my math is correct, you're making ~500 HP at the crank. (308/412 * 376 = 502) Where 308=first pull, 412=stock, 376=final pull.

Numbers aside, this car is very fast and very loud. The car pulls like crazy in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. My M3 sounds like my girlfriend's Honda Fit compared to this beast.
What up Daniel!

I'll take 500 hp, no questions asked! hehe

Honda Fit, eh?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #25
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

All the talk about what you would have on a different dyno is BS. The only thing that is meaningful are the gains you demonstrated on the same dyno over a few days, assuming such variables as temp and density altitude were comparable, and comparing your baseline and 2 levels of modification. That's about the only useful knowledge to be derived from such comparisons, and in that regard your results are impressive. It also assumes that the dyno wasn't operated by the selling installer, but that's a whole other topic of discussion.

At any rate, congrats!
      11-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #26
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
All the talk about what you would have on a different dyno is BS. The only thing that is meaningful are the gains you demonstrated on the same dyno over a few days, assuming such variables as temp and density altitude were comparable, and comparing your baseline and 2 levels of modification. That's about the only useful knowledge to be derived from such comparisons, and in that regard your results are impressive.

Congrats!
Exactly.

Thanks for your support man.

Thank you to everyone!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #27
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
All the talk about what you would have on a different dyno is BS. The only thing that is meaningful are the gains you demonstrated on the same dyno over a few days, comparing your baseline and 2 levels of modification. That's about the only useful knowledge to be derived from such comparisons, and in that regard your results are impressive. Congrats!
yeah i agree that using the same dyno makes perfect sense...BUT most of us are saying that if he did all the tests on a "dynojet" his numbers would have reached 390-400rwhp...mustang and dynojet are very different!

nonetheless very good gains Nawaaz, im gettin my tune for sure before the end of the month...i gotta find a good dyno around milwaukee :/
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #28
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
yeah i agree that using the same dyno makes perfect sense...BUT most of us are saying that if he did all the tests on a "dynojet" his numbers would have reached 390-400rwhp...mustang and dynojet are very different!

nonetheless very good gains Nawaaz, im gettin my tune for sure before the end of the month...i gotta find a good dyno around milwaukee :/
Yes, but the numbers are meaningless. They are just numbers. The only thing that matters is the difference, based upon various changes. I suppose if you get off on bigger numbers for the sake of "bragging rights," it might be meaningful, but it's not significant on any level that amounts to a hill of beans.
      11-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #29
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Nice gains! Now where are the videos???
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #30
FusionM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Very Nice

Congrats Nawaaz, well deserved for your patience!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #31
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but the numbers are meaningless. They are just numbers. The only thing that matters is the difference, based upon various changes. I suppose if you get off on bigger numbers for the sake of "bragging rights," it might be meaningful, but it's not significant on any level that amounts to a hill of beans.
well iv "read" mustang dynos read low...but thanks for telling me what dynos are used for? obviously it doesnt matter what dyno your using your just looking for the difference
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #32
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
But it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hit 390-400 whp.

For the OP, thanks for sharing and taking the time to do this.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #33
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
well iv "read" mustang dynos read low...but thanks for telling me what dynos are used for? obviously it doesnt matter what dyno your using your just looking for the difference
LMAO, and I've read that toilet bowls flush in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. However, that's not relevant either, so why do you keep bring up irrelevant stuff?
      11-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #34
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:

Thanks Nawazz for this work. This definitely helped my decision. I've always thought an increase in 50 bhp/tq and 100 lbs weight loss would make this car perfect. This looks absolutely obtaining now.

Does the car exhibit the low RPM dip that seem to plague members running full exhaust with hi-flo cats or no cats?

If so, is it noticeable?

Does the car feel and drive like stock across the entire RPM range but with more more throughout? Would love to get your thoughts on how the car drives now.
I saw the early dyno graphs from Nawaaz's tuning session, and his dip wasn't nearly as bad as the Akra and some of the other full exhausts. You can still see it in the middle chart above, but Jeremy did a good job flattening that out and it's basically gone by the third chart (post-tuning).

Quote:
+1

Nawaaz did about as good a job as one could in minimizing the variables, and came out with some very impressive gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
Nice gains! Now where are the videos???
Video can't capture Nawaaz's car. The microphone would rupture and the lens would shatter. It is a MAN's car. Actually, Frank captured the beast in his exhaust comparison video in the gallery forum.
      11-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #35
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Good numbers Nawaaz! I was waiting for u to post ur numbers. I saw the vids of ur car too, sounds insane.
      11-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #36
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Congrats Nawaaz ...I'm happy for you. Powerchip is definitely a must have for maximum (and consistent) performance.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #37
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
LMAO, and I've read that toilet bowls flush in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. However, that's not relevant either, so why do you keep bring up irrelevant stuff?
true that...it doesnt matter
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #38
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks again for all of the appreciation & support guys!

It means very much.

It was a tough job for me, but it had to be done.

-------------------------------------------------------

I know many are anxiously waiting on vids on how my M3 sounds. I will have vids posted sometime next week, FOR SURE.

As TLud mentioned, videos will clearly not do any justice to how my car sounds. It LITERALLY sounds SICK, SICK, and more SICK!!!

Meanwhile, here's the video collaboration that member frankzlin79 created (My M3 w/ Gintani is included):

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8A3QCdbXj8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8A3QCdbXj8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #39
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Thanks Nawaaz for doing the Gintani truth test. You got some very impressive numbers. They are all now added to the DynoDB.

Congrats.
You are very welcome, my friend.

My only motive was to make a difference on this forum, and now I truly believe I did.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #40
disruptv
Major
Rep
Drives: 3M

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
amazing work nawazz!!!

HI REVS/HI PWR!!!

ur car= "something wicked this way cometh"....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #41
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Thanks again for all of the appreciation & support guys!

It means very much.

It was a tough job for me, but it had to be done.

-------------------------------------------------------

I know many are anxiously waiting on vids on how my M3 sounds. I will have vids posted sometime next week, FOR SURE.

As TLud mentioned, videos will clearly not do any justice to how my car sounds. It LITERALLY sounds SICK, SICK, and more SICK!!!

Meanwhile, here's the video collaboration that member frankzlin79 created (My M3 w/ Gintani is included):

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8A3QCdbXj8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8A3QCdbXj8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Nawaaz! OMFG!!!!!!!!!

I'm sending this to everybody I know when comparing the Full Gintani with the Power Chip Tune! Your car couldn't stop chirping in each gear. HOLY MOTHER OF ZOD!

That's insane. I only wish there was an RPI Axle Back inserted in the video comparison as well. Or even a Full GT RPI with X-Pipe.

That Meisterschaft exhaust sounded horrible like stuff was broken or rattling. It's loud but not in what I would call an impressive kind of way.

As others have said, your car is a beast. Does that full exhaust with X-Pipe from Gintani maintain resonators? I assume not due to how loud and menacing it sounds.

Well done brother!
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 11:55 PM   #42
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^ Thanks very much man!

The catless Gintani x-pipe does have 2 resonators. 1 on each side.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #43
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i am running no cats and muffler and don't have any low rpm dip. once i added my catless midpipe it rips down low now

Quote:

If so, is it noticeable?

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #44
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM3Mang View Post
Nawaaz! OMFG!!!!!!!!!

I'm sending this to everybody I know when comparing the Full Gintani with the Power Chip Tune! Your car couldn't stop chirping in each gear. HOLY MOTHER OF ZOD!

That's insane. I only wish there was an RPI Axle Back inserted in the video comparison as well. Or even a Full GT RPI with X-Pipe.

That Meisterschaft exhaust sounded horrible like stuff was broken or rattling. It's loud but not in what I would call an impressive kind of way.

As others have said, your car is a beast. Does that full exhaust with X-Pipe from Gintani maintain resonators? I assume not due to how loud and menacing it sounds.

Well done brother!
videos dont do justice! the camera cant record that high of a sound, that goes for both the Gintani and the GT2

i have a few vids of the GT2 catless, let me know what you think!

too bad i couldnt have joined you guys down in texas, i would have loved to be apart of the comparison
Appreciate 0