BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #23
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
The Laser Interceptor lists for $1600. I've heard that some are getting it for $1100. Remember that installation is extra. BTW, these are parking assist devices, not laser jammers.

These, ahem, parking assist devices, don't just emit IR light. They emit pulses of IR just like the lidar devices do. If a lidar unit receives a constant IR beam it signals to the operator that it may be being jammed.

The LI is considered the best right now. I have had a Lidatek LE-30 for a while now. It seems to work for me. (Fortunately, for some unknown reason, cops around here don't use them very much anymore.) I'm sure the LI would be better but I'm not going to spend the money to replace something that already works.

Also, you can be forewarned of laser with a radar/laser detector. This may only work for the V1 because the V1 seems to have the best laser detection. Sometimes when targeting someone in front of you the laser will be scattered and V1 will detect this. It has worked for me like a charm. Keep a rabbit in front of you. It's pretty cool how the V1 laser detector will alert (several times in fact as the LEO keys the trigger on his device as he targets one car after another) and then when the cars in front have moved away from between me and the LEO the jammer will go off.
well said. want to let everyone know in many areas ofthe US, detecting/jamming is not illegal. good to know my V1 laser interceptor combo is a good choice
Appreciate 0