BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-30-2023, 01:29 PM   #1
Tuukka
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Garage List
2009 BMW M3 e92  [9.00]
EDC control with Kw inox v3

Hi everyone!

Recently bought a M3 which has the edc option from the factory. The car has KW Inox v3 installed and I believe it is the one with edc controllability (at least the plugs under the hood are connected).

The car doesnt seem to recognize that the edc is an option since it doesnt show up on M-mode menu and the button doesnt light up. It also doesnt throw any codes which I think it would do if it was broken in some way. Has anybody had similar experiences and is there a way to get it to recognize it again?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 01:41 AM   #2
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

KW’s edc kit is not compatible with the stock bmw system.

They have two systems, I doe sent ecu/app controlled with an aftermarket interior button, and pnp that his compatible with the stock system.

KW do not make a pnp kit for the E9X platform for sure (they told me this last week) don’t know about later models.
Appreciate 1
Tuukka1.50