BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

08-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #23
RatchetM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
The BMW dealership installed the exhaust? Did they also install the CEL delete adapter and lambda adapters? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying this exhaust and want it installed properly so I don't get CEL. I dont know if my dealership will install the exhaust. Even more so, I don't know if they know how and are willing to install those other components. Does this dealership have special experience in installing these exhausts? Also, does one need both the lambda adapter and CEL delete kit? Thanks.
I am also quite surprised that BMW is installing an aftermarket product for a customer. Now that's service!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #24
LeMans M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Gray M3 coupe

I am the lucky owner of the Frozen Gray M3 in the pictures showing the BMW of Murray shop. It arrived at the dealer two weeks ago yesterday and I must admit, the first time I saw the car, it was in a dark garage and dirty and I wondered if I had made a good choice. However, I had many plans to do some upgrades. My favorite was the Akrapovic cat back installation, which the dealer completed for me. As the pictures show, it looks awesome and the sound quality is even better than the improved looks. It has an aggressive edge without being too intrusive at freeway speeds. I am completely happy! Alek at alekshop.com was great to work with and I would recommend him to anyone interested in the Akrapovic products.
We then pulled the stock competition wheels, as seen in the photos, and sent them out to be powder coated satin black. I also had all the chrome parts-side gill insert, M3 insignia on the trunk-painted black. The windows have been tinted and the chrome grill inserts have been swapped for black ones. I also added carbon fiber mirror covers that offset the CF roof nicely. When I went to pick up the car last Friday, I couldn't believe the transformation. The car looks absolutely fantastic! The paint is different enough to really catch your eye but not flashy in any way. Very stealth and subtle yet those with an appreciation for the unique looks are totally awe-struck. I will get some photos of the completed car and post them.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #25
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

i love the frozen gray...can't wait for the updated photos!

if the mod bug bites you any more, you know who to call
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #26
MolanM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92

like to see more mods
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #27
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Im excited to see the pictures. I got to see it while it was in the shop when I was picking up a car from Murray. But that was with all of the pieces taken off of it! Maybe we can get you to come to a meet and show that thing off!
      08-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #28
Alekshop
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 l E46 M3 l GT4 l 991 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans M3 View Post
I am the lucky owner of the Frozen Gray M3 in the pictures showing the BMW of Murray shop. It arrived at the dealer two weeks ago yesterday and I must admit, the first time I saw the car, it was in a dark garage and dirty and I wondered if I had made a good choice. However, I had many plans to do some upgrades. My favorite was the Akrapovic cat back installation, which the dealer completed for me. As the pictures show, it looks awesome and the sound quality is even better than the improved looks. It has an aggressive edge without being too intrusive at freeway speeds. I am completely happy! Alek at alekshop.com was great to work with and I would recommend him to anyone interested in the Akrapovic products.
We then pulled the stock competition wheels, as seen in the photos, and sent them out to be powder coated satin black. I also had all the chrome parts-side gill insert, M3 insignia on the trunk-painted black. The windows have been tinted and the chrome grill inserts have been swapped for black ones. I also added carbon fiber mirror covers that offset the CF roof nicely. When I went to pick up the car last Friday, I couldn't believe the transformation. The car looks absolutely fantastic! The paint is different enough to really catch your eye but not flashy in any way. Very stealth and subtle yet those with an appreciation for the unique looks are totally awe-struck. I will get some photos of the completed car and post them.
I am glad that you are happy with the quality of the system

Aleks.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #29
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

its a nice feeling to have a rare color ride
Appreciate 0