BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #2047
DriftDreamzSS
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Daily watch, Tag Heuer Aquaracer chronograph:

Work watch, Invicta pro diver:

G-shock for surfing:
      01-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #2048
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

stowa marine arrived today from Germany. got the white face with a10 movement. hard to capture but hands are blue. also has other band that was shipped seperate not installed yet.
Attached Images

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #2049
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

^^ Beautiful Stowa!!

Got this Marathon in Tuesday. Swapped the black rubber band it came with for the yellow ISOfrane. Also bought the metal bracelet but need to have it sized....

Please excuse the crappy iPhone pics...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #2050
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
^^ Beautiful Stowa!!

Got this Marathon in Tuesday. Swapped the black rubber band it came with for the yellow ISOfrane. Also bought the metal bracelet but need to have it sized....

Please excuse the crappy iPhone pics...
thanks, i have tons of what i would class as sporty watches and not very many dress. this one is pretty classic and slim and can straddle both i think.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #2051
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

It's usually this or my PAM
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #2052
E90rw
Rep
Drives: 01 M5, 11 328, & 08 135

Bell & Ross :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #2053
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
I got a few but I always wear my samsung galaxy gear. lol. I've gotten so accustomed to not pulling out my phone and just checking my wrist, I now feel like something missing whenever I wear my other watches. But then again, I'm a huge tech nerd.

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #2054
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
stowa marine arrived today from Germany. got the white face with a10 movement. hard to capture but hands are blue. also has other band that was shipped seperate not installed yet.
+1

Nice. Wow...that took quite a while to arrive. Glad it made it. I know you were eagerly awaiting it. Enjoy.

Is that a wallet on the right side of the watch?

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #2055
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
+1

Nice. Wow...that took quite a while to arrive. Glad it made it. I know you were eagerly awaiting it. Enjoy.

Is that a wallet on the right side of the watch?

All the best.
pictures dont do it justice. very simple and damn nice watch. that band is gone as it was just the shipping one. has a alligator dark brown now.

that isnt a wallet its the watch bag that came with the watch in the metal case.

i have noticed the movement is fast by about 15-18 seconds per 24 hrs which i have never really checked before on any of my autos. doing a little test on them all now just to see accuracy.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #2056
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Estoril MSport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90rw View Post
Bell & Ross :-)
Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
i have noticed the movement is fast by about 15-18 seconds per 24 hrs which i have never really checked before on any of my autos. doing a little test on them all now just to see accuracy.
Seems like a lot... the autos I keep on my winder always seem to be right on.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #2057
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCGoonski View Post
Which one?

Seems like a lot... the autos I keep on my winder always seem to be right on.
yeah i thought so to. will keep an eye on it for a bit.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 07:58 AM   #2058
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

I picked up a Stührling Original Skeleton watch for a good price a while back. It's been great and a nice work watch to sport into the office.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #2059
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by se15679875 View Post
So yeah it's weakly correlated but those figures also mean that 94% of Rolex owners and 95% of AP owners aren't millionaires.
I can confirm this. I'm a CFP and I deal with millionaires daily. None of them wear these expensive watches. They are actually down to earth people. They saved their money and are now millionaires probably because they did not spend it on 20k watches.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #2060
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

I daily a Tag. Have for 12 years. I am not a watch guy. I always wanted a Tag and I just wear it every where.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #2061
doug piston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320

Necrobump, but figured I might get a smile or two. Still rocking that OG Casio 3240. It's a old pic but I've used one for years.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #2062
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The vast majority of people who wear expensive watches don't actually have a lot of money. That's not a knock on anyone in this thread; it's just a statistical fact.

However, that being said, if you wear an expensive watch there's a greater chance that you may be wealthy compared to the general population.

For example, something like 1% of the general population are liquid millionaires (assets - debt not including primary residence). However, among the Rolex-wearing population, that jumps to 6% (the highest among all watch brands). Among the Audemar Piguet-wearing population, that figure jumps to 5%. PP is around 5% as well, as is IWC. All other brands fall below these figures.

So yeah it's weakly correlated but those figures also mean that 94% of Rolex owners and 95% of AP owners aren't millionaires.

I was actually kind of surprised when I learned the statistics. Beforehand I would've guessed that 75 or 80% of AP/PP/IWC wearers are millionaires given that those watches routinely cost in excess of $10,000.

I'm not familiar with any stats such as the one you cited, but I guess that is what it is, both my unfamiliarity and the stats. I'm pretty sure most of the rich folks I know own and wear a Rolex, but then that's not representative of much of anything other than my casual observations of folks at certain gatherings, and I certainly have no specific idea of how liquid they are or aren't. I do know they are well off because the property taxes on all their homes is well over $250K, so I know they come up with at least that much cash annually.

I am posting as a "watch guy" just to say that when it comes to mass market brands such as Rolex, Omega, Tag and others, it's very hard to say much about the wealth position of such folks. So many folks buy them, many buy them pre-owned, many are given as corporate gifts, heck, lots of very regular folks will just save up to buy one.

Indeed, Rolex et al are so common that as a "guy into watches, " I don't even bother enjoining a Rolex wearing stranger in a chat. Not even so much as to just say "nice watch." (unless they are wearing a Cellini) I will do that if I see someone wearing some of the more esoteric, if you will, watches. Folks wearing Nomos, or Glashutte Original, Obris Morgan, or Sea-Gull, for example, but for sure there are lots of other brands that would inspire me to chat, at least briefly.

I don't know how rich those guys are, and really I don't care as I am certain they aren't about to gift me a tidy bundle of cash. LOL. The one thing that I'm generally pretty sure of, however, is that they are into watches. For me, that a person is "into watches" is far more interesting and worth a little banter than whether they buy expensive ones.

All the best.

EDIT:
FWIW, The price of entry for many of IWC's lines is sub-$10K. That's so in even for their Portuguese line (manufacture), which is the one that is most desired by "watch folks." That sum won't gain one entry with AP or PP, even used current models run above $10K. That doesn't make anything wrong with IWC watches, and God knows one doesn't need to spend $10K to get a very fine watch. I just wanted to clarify.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by tony20009; 02-14-2014 at 12:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 12:36 AM   #2063
Geraldo
Rep
Drives: This is a Jeep Cherokee. This

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDreamzSS View Post
Daily watch, Tag Heuer Aquaracer chronograph:

Work watch, Invicta pro diver:

G-shock for surfing:
Really nice

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #2064
se15679875
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
I'm not familiar with any stats such as the one you cited, but I guess that is what it is, both my unfamiliarity and the stats. I'm pretty sure most of the rich folks I know own and wear a Rolex, but then that's not representative of much of anything other than my casual observations of folks at certain gatherings, and I certainly have no specific idea of how liquid they are or aren't. I do know they are well off because the property taxes on all their homes is well over $250K, so I know they come up with at least that much cash annually.

I am posting as a "watch guy" just to say that when it comes to mass market brands such as Rolex, Omega, Tag and others, it's very hard to say much about the wealth position of such folks. So many folks buy them, many buy them pre-owned, many are given as corporate gifts, heck, lots of very regular folks will just save up to buy one.

Indeed, Rolex et al are so common that as a "guy into watches, " I don't even bother enjoining a Rolex wearing stranger in a chat. Not even so much as to just say "nice watch." (unless they are wearing a Cellini) I will do that if I see someone wearing some of the more esoteric, if you will, watches. Folks wearing Nomos, or Glashutte Original, Obris Morgan, or Sea-Gull, for example, but for sure there are lots of other brands that would inspire me to chat, at least briefly.

I don't know how rich those guys are, and really I don't care as I am certain they aren't about to gift me a tidy bundle of cash. LOL. The one thing that I'm generally pretty sure of, however, is that they are into watches. For me, that a person is "into watches" is far more interesting and worth a little banter than whether they buy expensive ones.

All the best.

EDIT:
FWIW, The price of entry for many of IWC's lines is sub-$10K. That's so in even for their Portuguese line (manufacture), which is the one that is most desired by "watch folks." That sum won't gain one entry with AP or PP, even used current models run above $10K. That doesn't make anything wrong with IWC watches, and God knows one doesn't need to spend $10K to get a very fine watch. I just wanted to clarify.
Good post. Regarding the bolded part, again it's important to make the distinction between the following two statements:

Statement 1: A lot of rich people wear rolexes
Statement 2: A lot of Rolex owners aren't rich.

Both of these statements are true. If you limit your analysis a priori to only rich people, then I'm sure a lot of them own Rolexes and other comparable brands. I don't have statistics on the percentage of rich people who own rolexes, but I don't doubt that your casual observation likely maps very closely to reality.

My statistic deals with the percentage of rolex owners who are rich (well, $1M isn't rich but whatever, that's not the point of the discussion).

There are similar statistics for car brands (although I don't have them off hand). "What percentage of rich people drive luxury cars?", and "what percentage of luxury car drivers are rich?" are two very different questions.

Imagine a room full of 100 people. 1 guy is worth >$1M. 9 are worth $100k-$1M. 90 are worth <$100k.

The guy worth >$1M wears a Rolex. The 9 guys worth $100k-$1M wear Rolexes. 20 guys in the <$100k range own rolexes.

Assume >$1M is "rich."

(1) What percentage of rich people own rolexes? 100% (1/1)
(2) What percentage of rolex owners are rich? 3% (1/30)
(3) What percentage of people are rich? 1% (1/100)

The statistics I posted are comparing (2) and (3) (6% > 1%). You may have been alluding to (1) with your observation.

Last edited by se15679875; 02-14-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #2065
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good post. Regarding the bolded part, again it's important to make the distinction between the following two statements:

Statement 1: A lot of rich people wear rolexes
Statement 2: A lot of Rolex owners aren't rich.

Both of these statements are true. If you limit your analysis a priori to only rich people, then I'm sure a lot of them own Rolexes and other comparable brands. I don't have statistics on the percentage of rich people who own rolexes, but I don't doubt that your casual observation likely maps very closely to reality.

My statistic deals with the percentage of rolex owners who are rich (well, $1M isn't rich but whatever, that's not the point of the discussion).

There are similar statistics for car brands (although I don't have them off hand). "What percentage of rich people drive luxury cars?", and "what percentage of luxury car drivers are rich?" are two very different questions.

Imagine a room full of 100 people. 1 guy is worth >$1M. 9 are worth $100k-$1M. 90 are worth <$100k.

The guy worth >$1M wears a Rolex. The 9 guys worth $100k-$1M wear Rolexes. 20 guys in the <$100k range own rolexes.

Assume >$1M is "rich."

(1) What percentage of rich people own rolexes? 100% (1/1)
(2) What percentage of rolex owners are rich? 3% (1/30)
(3) What percentage of people are rich? 1% (1/100)

The statistics I posted are comparing (2) and (3) (6% > 1%). You may have been alluding to (1) with your observation.
Good clarification. The part of my post that you emboldened, yes; it referred to #1. The rest, not really, but I think you understand that too.

I knew what the stat you cited meant. I more importantly wanted to make the larger point that assuming things about folks' financial position based on their "stuff" is fraught with all sorts of risk for being wrong with one's assumptions. That was all.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #2066
idfisher
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE Auto, Vis, Pro Nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerncalguy View Post
I am gonna go out on a limb and predict that many BMW owners (or any fine driving machine) enjoy the finer things in life. To that end, what type of watch(es) do you sport while driving your 3 series?

Rolex Daytona?
Rolex Submariner?
Omega Seamaster?
Breitling?
Tag?

I'll start: Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer (ref.2531)

Bling bling!
one of 4. either the same watch as you in blue face, a seamster chronograph chronometer with black dial, Tag Monaco 36 Calibre or if I am wanting to take a risk in town, my breathing emergency mission chrono, blue dial. always very nervous wearing that watch out
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #2067
filip75
Facetious
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M4

Quote:

All the best.

EDIT:
The only rich person I know has a very large collection of watches (100+), and Rolex is pretty much the only brand that is not represented in there, because, according to him, it is not high-end and rare enough. He mostly collects just limited editions of AP, UN, PP, etc.
      02-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #2068
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

daily drive: panerai 389

travel: casio frogman
Appreciate 0