BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

06-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #23
nyfg56
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 AW/Fox Red 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3mr
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfg56 View Post
Yes I'm fine with that, just need the harness. I don't mind running a power and ground but I don't want to splice a bunch of stuff. Are you referring to the technic harness?

Yes technic. It's a nice harness just want to make sure you know what you're getting.
Appreciate it. And that will work for my entire system correct? I had a technic harness in my 335 HK system that plugged into my factory amp and let me run a pioneer amp and sub but I'm pretty sure it was only powering the sub
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #24
oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Appreciate it. And that will work for my entire system correct? I had a technic harness in my 335 HK system that plugged into my factory amp and let me run a pioneer amp and sub but I'm pretty sure it was only powering the sub

Correct, assuming you use a 6 channel amp then it will power all 6 speakers including the 2 subs under each seat. The 335 harness sounds different in that it allowed you to piggy back on another amp to the factory amp. The M3 technic harness is intended to allow a complete replacement of the stock amp instead.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #25
nyfg56
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Correct, assuming you use a 6 channel amp then it will power all 6 speakers including the 2 subs under each seat. The 335 harness sounds different in that it allowed you to piggy back on another amp to the factory amp. The M3 technic harness is intended to allow a complete replacement of the stock amp instead.
Awesome thank you for all your help. I'll message technic and get one. Seems that everyone uses that same amp. Forget the model number, but any decent six channel will suffice?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:44 AM   #26
oolas3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Awesome thank you for all your help. I'll message technic and get one. Seems that everyone uses that same amp. Forget the model number, but any decent six channel will suffice?

Should work with any 6 channel amp. Everybody uses the JL audio xd600/6 because there aren't many other quality alternatives. 6 channel amps are rare. I have seen some refurbished JL amps online at a good discount if you're willing to take a chance.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #27
nyfg56
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Should work with any 6 channel amp. Everybody uses the JL audio xd600/6 because there aren't many other quality alternatives. 6 channel amps are rare. I have seen some refurbished JL amps online at a good discount if you're willing to take a chance.
Yeah that's the one haha. And I'll still be able to add a trunk sub to that with the harness correct?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #28
oolas3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah that's the one haha. And I'll still be able to add a trunk sub to that with the harness correct?

The trunk sub I'm not sure about. Technic will know. Most guys seem happy with the 2 factory under seat subs once they are properly driven with a good amp. It's the front door speakers that seem to be the weakest link speaker wise in these cars.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #29
nyfg56
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The trunk sub I'm not sure about. Technic will know. Most guys seem happy with the 2 factory under seat subs once they are properly driven with a good amp. It's the front door speakers that seem to be the weakest link speaker wise in these cars.
Awesome. Thanks again for all the advice. Looks like that's the route I'll go. I'll try out the amp with technic harness first and think about doing the rest. I can just swap in eps speakers right? Without having to go the whole nine yards with the bavsound stage one upgrade?
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #30
oolas3
Captain
Rep

The eps speakers will work and the reviews I've seen have been all very positive. I went a different route and picked up the Focal IFBMW-S (not installed yet). Not cheap but I heard them in another BMW (all other speakers were stock) and it sounded awesome. The Focals are plug and play but only fit the sedan.
Appreciate 1